Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

After watching JV against Wolves, I wonder when PD is going to play. JV looks undroppable. 

Sure he'll play in the early stages of the Europa and the League Cup, but what about the PL? 

I thought JV might have been substituted towards the end of the game as he was obviously shattered. But no. If fit, it looks like he'll play every minute of every game. 

Can't see them playing together, either. PD would probably have gone for the same cross for the goal. 

The only way I can see him starting is if he changes his game. Is that a good idea? 

If memory serves, didn't he play up front with Haaland? Did anyone see them playing together? If so, what was PD's position? That might suggest how we play him with JV. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

......Vardy stayed on due to the substitution which was not meant to happen which was Maddison having to come off!!!

Having to rejig the set up left Vardy playing the full 90 minutes when he would have been pulled on 70 minutes.

You're right. I'd completely forgotten. Too busy worrying about a late Wolves equaliser. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enmac said:

After watching JV against Wolves, I wonder when PD is going to play. JV looks undroppable. 

Sure he'll play in the early stages of the Europa and the League Cup, but what about the PL? 

I thought JV might have been substituted towards the end of the game as he was obviously shattered. But no. If fit, it looks like he'll play every minute of every game. 

Can't see them playing together, either. PD would probably have gone for the same cross for the goal. 

The only way I can see him starting is if he changes his game. Is that a good idea? 

If memory serves, didn't he play up front with Haaland? Did anyone see them playing together? If so, what was PD's position? That might suggest how we play him with JV. 

so far our season is 1 game old, I don’t think it’s time to draw conclusions or for players to overhaul their playing style.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

so far our season is 1 game old, I don’t think it’s time to draw conclusions or for players to overhaul their playing style.

Agreed.

It’s going to take a little more time for things to click, but it’s safe to say Daka hasn’t been used to his full potential yet. But we’re still winning at the moment so it could be worse. At least we haven’t spent 100 million on Keira Knightly and lost every game since 😂

I think we'll just be a lot more fluid and varied tactically this season.

Even if JV starts lots of games, I expect him to have a partner in most of those.

Think we will see a lot of 4-3-3 (Barnes, Vardy, Daka/Nacho) especially if Madders isn't 100%, as that solves us not having a ten or a decent right winger.

Similarly in big games a 3-4-3/3-5-2 will see at least two starting strikers.

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this but man Patson is already a legend 😄😄

Oh and Luke Thomas is the most 'Leicester' I've even heard play for Leicester :D

“A cob is a cob.” That was just perfect from Luke. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think Lestoh is more accurate. Lestah sounds like how a Brummie would say it.

Agreed.

Always confuses me when people write 'Lestah'. We don't sound like that. That looks more like how a Londoner would say it to me.

When Kasabian had those t-shirts that said 'Lestah' it really annoyed me!

LESTOH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I bloody love Daka

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this but man Patson is already a legend 😄😄

Oh and Luke Thomas is the most 'Leicester' I've even heard play for Leicester :D

Patson is ruddy fantastic. I love the bloke.

• Like 2