Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Judge him once he's had a run of games, instead of being in and out of the team.

There is no substitute for playing week in week out.

We kept hearing this about Gray and others. Turns out they’re still rubbish even after a run of games. Daka has featured in all but 3 PL games for us this season so it’s not like he’s been unlucky with game time. 

There is enough evidence to suggest he struggles with the basics. His shooting, link up play and footballing intelligence are all average at best.

He’s behind Iheanacho in the pecking order for me. 

• Like 3

Daka will be fine, he's a good player.  He needs to play in a system that suits his style.  His problem is that he plays in a slow, ponderous system that requires him to track back.  Play him high up the pitch and get him running towards the opposition goal and the goals will come.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So when he miskicks the ball that's his team mate's fault. Got it.

Funny how when Nacho comes on with the same "service" he immediately goes on a strong run and hits the target forcing a save, then scores a few minutes later. There is zero reason to be playing Daka over him.

...I feel it comes back to two different styles of players!!!

Nacho suits the slow build up and wants to take up a central position not the further most player up the pitch. Daka wants the ball moving forward quicker and played in front of him, holding his run to stay onside, then one touch then shoot.

Until you get a player comfortable in himself he is always going to do what is unnatural to him, snatching at chances, which then compounds his problem.

Daka is a quality player, who plays on instinct, however our Managers obsession with playing total football means he is being asked to play a role and style that negates his main attributes, play him on the shoulder of the last defender and allow him to hit teams on the counter he will be devastating, as he was in Moscow in the Europa league when he bagged 4, we played the ball forward quickly and with purpose and he was unplayable, however we insist on controlling possession which means teams can get in a good defensive shape and snuff out space which means most of the chances that come his way are half chances at best. 

8 hours ago, gurru991 said:

What a very strange comment. !! If only people who have coached or won trophies are allowed to comment this will be a very limited forum.

Were you violated by a kebab shop worker from Braunstone ?  Is that where the bias comes from.??

Not sure.. I think asking if I got violated at said Kebab shop is pretty strange… il let that sink in.

I just don't really get the comparative love for Nacho and dislike for Daka that some people have. I'm torn on them both myself feeling that they've both still got a lot to prove.

From some people's comments, you'd take from yesterdays game that Nacho played much better than Daka. However both fluffed great chances (I've not seen many comments about Nacho blazing a decent one way over the bar towards the end) and even Nacho's goal came from a lucky deflection (watch the replay, it's going wide on the left).

Though I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, I don't think either are at the standard we need right now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Joke of a comment. He was literally in the right position every time yesterday. If you want to pick on him, the finishing was awful but to pick after yesterday to slate him not being in the positions just highlights your lack of knowledge unfortunately.

I have played football all my life and at a decent level , just because I see a player in a different way to what u do doesn’t give u the right to slag me , all I am doing is giving my view 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

How did this dude get 4 in a match….

20 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Because it was against a side in the bottom half of the Russian league. Not a Premier League quality side.

And they played into Dakas hands by pushing players forward. Any player with pace could have scored 4 in the same situation. Same as when Musa scored 2 vs Barcelona. Its very different to a typical PL game. Every dog has his day, unfortunately it doesn't come around very often. He's not very good and I can't wait for most of fans to realise and write him off so we can move on from this failure. 

I have been willing to give Daka the benefit of the doubt, which has been prolonged because he smiles a lot, but he really needs to start delivering. At the moment he looks like a League 1 forward. Though let’s see what he delivers with Maddison in and around him now he’s back fit.

No doubt Iheanacho should be ahead of him as goal scorer as well. 

18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

His previous club perhaps but more so what we initially saw from him when he first arrived before Rodgers got his claws into him.

What we initially saw.... Sorry but what exactly did we initially see you are losing me here? Based on his LCFC career alone, as I didn't see anything of him before, from his debut until now he has always been a good distance short of the required standard we would hope for and expect. At first most of us like myself thought it was just adaptation process after a while the horrible realisation sinks in that no he's just shit and we've been shafted. No blaming Rodgers for this one (for once) he is just a dud signing and the quicker you accept it and move on the better. 

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

What we initially saw.... Sorry but what exactly did we initially see you are losing me here? Based on his LCFC career alone, as I didn't see anything of him before, from his debut until now he has always been a good distance short of the required standard we would hope for and expect. At first most of us like myself thought it was just adaptation process after a while the horrible realisation sinks in that no he's just shit and we've been shafted. No blaming Rodgers for this one (for once) he is just a dud signing and the quicker you accept it and move on the better. 

When he first joined and played in Europe, it wasn’t for me the fact that he scored 4 goals as such, more the way he took them, seemingly cold and without nerves. When Rodgers did play him in the Premiership, it was in an unfamiliar role (lone striker) and infrequently. Add that to being a young man in a new culture and country in a faster more aggressive game and you've got the ideal recipe for a player to lose confidence. 

He's not a Vardy, but few strikers are,  but in any case, Rodgers doesn't even play a system to get the best out of Vardy either. In fact his system doesn't suit Vardy, Daka or Iheanacho, I doubt even Harlaand would score.

You won't see much good out of Daka until he's played appropriately similar to how he was at Salzburg. He'll be an asset when either Rodgers goes or he's at his next club. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

When he first joined and played in Europe, it wasn’t for me the fact that he scored 4 goals as such, more the way he took them, seemingly cold and without nerves. When Rodgers did play him in the Premiership, it was in an unfamiliar role (lone striker) and infrequently. Add that to being a young man in a new culture and country in a faster more aggressive game and you've got the ideal recipe for a player to lose confidence. 

He's not a Vardy, but few strikers are,  but in any case, Rodgers doesn't even play a system to get the best out of Vardy either. In fact his system doesn't suit Vardy, Daka or Iheanacho, I doubt even Harlaand would score.

You won't see much good out of Daka until he's played appropriately similar to how he was at Salzburg. He'll be an asset when either Rodgers goes or he's at his next club. 

How was he played at Salzburg then? My concern is he’s only of use as a pace merchant for a ball over the top against a team with a very high back line. Not much of that about these days in the prem.