Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

57 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I still fail to see how that's offside. Having watched many replays

Anyways it wasn't given. His moment will come 

Bloody right. When fans, commentators and pundits all say the same thing you have to assume there is something in the conspiracy theories of teams not viewed as a draw winning.

And while we're on the subject, I'll take your offside and raise you the red card decision, it was my understanding referees are genuinely more lenient towards the end of games.

Eufa couldn't have the tournament favourites getting beat on their first game I suppose.

I can make these comments now because when Daka gets screwed in Moscow I'll be keeping my mouth firmly shut!

Edited by Genesis1
  • Like 2

I think people can see that with Daka there's some work to do yet. Fortunately, there's a good deal to work with. Everyone coming into the Premier League finds it a step up, it takes time to adapt. You could Soumare coming more into the game as it went on, Daka's step up is a bit higher than from Ligue 1.  

No chance he starts on Sunday.  But he will play against Millwall and probably get some minutes or another start in Warsaw so we will start to see a bit more of him now. Give it a few games and we will see if we have a player or not. I suspect he will be very good eventually but just needs some time to adjust to our style and learn a bit from Vardy.

If pipes was saying he doesn’t think he’s the one I whole heartedly disagree. He shows last night with his finish that he is an instinctive finisher. He will adjust and when he does he will be amazing. Ask Chelsea fans what they thought of Drogba early into his career, and then look what happened. You can tell he is class, he needs to play some games to adapt and then he will be flying. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Thought he looked good through the middle, but a little raw.

Any idea why he was moved to RW after 2”30 minutes or so? Thought it worked better with him up top and Ayoze on the right 

BR said in his post match comments we were getting overrun in the middle so made changes and put Daka out there.

I liked the look of him up top and Nacho in behind but when he went out wide he didn’t really threaten that much.

5 hours ago, jmono84 said:

BR said in his post match comments we were getting overrun in the middle so made changes and put Daka out there.

I liked the look of him up top and Nacho in behind but when he went out wide he didn’t really threaten that much.

That's a fair point, and i'm guessing the reason for Youri>Perez at HT.

However, I'd suggest that issue was more to do with Soumare's first half performance & Kelechi's poor defensive ability (Maddison offered far more in that regard when bought on but god forbid anyone praise him on this forum!), than Daka not doing his work up top. 

Just now, beepee1984 said:

Just thinking, why did we pay £30 million for a striker Rodgers has only used in the League for only 26 Minutes in the first 5 games.

Is he just going to be a B team striker? Europa and Cup only

No. He's an investment.

Irrespective of that, he obviously will play a lot more throughout the season.

5 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Just thinking, why did we pay £30 million for a striker Rodgers has only used in the League for only 26 Minutes in the first 5 games.

ANY striker we bought would probably have played the same amount because Vardy has started well and whoever came in wasn't going to come in and be number 1 choice ahead of him.

Now we have cup games starting up Daka will get to start plenty of games as Vardy will need to be rested.

Edited by moore_94

6 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Is this a joke? Have you forgotten about Jamie Vardy and the fact that we play 1 up top?

• Like 2

Guest Kopfkino
11 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

He’s signed a 5 year contract. We play 38 league games a year, so he’s got plenty of time.