Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Scapegoat time for Daka again I see!

You can absolutely not judge him being brought on to defend at the end of games on a side fragile as shit with no confidence!

If he was actually being played as a striker with anybody actually creating chances he has shown he will score goals but a striker who scores goals is not good enough for the entitled come lately supporters just like a wide forward who puts the numbers up that Barnes does is shit not just being misused by the awful tactics.

Can we judge him on an absolute idiot of a pass that a 4yr should be embarrassed by, that cost us the match? h

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

Vardy isn’t scoring is he. Could Daka be any worse than Vardy was yesterday? It was a new low for him yesterday I thought. 

To be honest he probably could be worse. That's the problem. We need a decent striker. Easier said than done. There must be someone out there. Cottee was a free back in O'Neill's time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Can we judge him on an absolute idiot of a pass that a 4yr should be embarrassed by, that cost us the match? h

Unfortunately, his was just the one that happened to get punished. Just prior to that, Tielemans, Armarty, Castagne and Faus had all made similar attempts by giving the ball away but got away with it. 

As a team throughout, we'd retreat so far back that we were inviting Brighton onto us. On a couple of occasions, absolutely all of our players were in our own penalty box, real schoolboy stuff!

No captain or leader on the pitch and Rodgers just standing there either with hands in pockets or writing in that pathetic little notebook, what on earth is that all about. We also lack a real nasty bugger in midfield or centre half. At times just appeared to be going through the motions.

Did anyone else notice Rodgers shout at KDH at one point with KDH turning round and seemingly give him a mouthful back? 

Nacho with great when Brendan had to use him in the run up games to winning the FA cup when Vardy was injured long term. 

The guy needs to be used fully in games, none of this start... stop 10 minutes here and there.

Or he needs to move on where he is at least played in every game

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Claridge said:

You can, I won’t. The mental fragility, confidence and fear has been instilled in them. The technical side (short passes) and the fact he was the further forward yet so deep is a symptom of the above (fear etc) or playing to instructions. The short passes are definitely a Rodgers trait. Why we didn’t keep someone forward as an outlet is the issue.

But because of the above, as I have said, I am not going to criticise or judge the players now whilst under this manager as mentally they are shot. If they continue long term under someone else, maybe then.

Cant believe I’m getting stick for wanting to defend the players though lol

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

You can, I won’t. The mental fragility, confidence and fear has been instilled in them. The technical side (short passes) and the fact he was the further forward yet so deep is a symptom of the above (fear etc) or playing to instructions. The short passes are definitely a Rodgers trait. Why we didn’t keep someone forward as an outlet is the issue.

But because of the above, as I have said, I am not going to criticise or judge the players now whilst under this manager as mentally they are shot. If they continue long term under someone else, maybe then.

Surely players can ignore instructions at certain times if they think it's the right thing to do. Are they automatons? Faes hasn't been dropped yet and before WC he found row Z loads of times. If Daka had tried to turn and belted it out and we held on then I'm sure BR wouldn't have been arsed. Do we all in our everyday jobs do EXACTLY as our manager tells us? 

32 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Btw Maddison is not 'mentally shot'. I'm not a BR fan but come on, these are grown men making crap decisions. It can't all be the fault of one man can it? 

55 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Playing coached short passes as there was nowhere to go. 

And if you watch it again, he wins the tackle (Gross does a spectacular dive worthy of a booking) and Tielemans pulls out of the tackle with Macallister.  

It was sh1t from everyone, all stemming from negative tactics.

image.png.2d3783f7cb4fa518aa342e80b4183938.png

Tielemans was absolutely exhausted by this point. He did put in a helluva defensive shift all game but he just had nothing left in the tank. I also think he was afraid of giving away a foul in a dangerous area. With the 99 players we kept camped deep in our end, I suppose he also thought he had cover. 

But, damn, that was still tough to watch. Rodgers has created a team that consistently fails because they play such scared football. 

1 hour ago, Rossiter said:

Surely players can ignore instructions at certain times if they think it's the right thing to do. Are they automatons? Faes hasn't been dropped yet and before WC he found row Z loads of times. If Daka had tried to turn and belted it out and we held on then I'm sure BR wouldn't have been arsed. Do we all in our everyday jobs do EXACTLY as our manager tells us? 

Top end sport is all about mentality and it’s clear this lot are ****ed. 

And if my manager was telling me to do stuff I knew would go wrong but was so pig headed, yes I would do it to let it fail and hope they learn.

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Top end sport is all about mentality and it’s clear this lot are ****ed. 

And if my manager was telling me to do stuff I knew would go wrong but was so pig headed, yes I would do it to let it fail and hope they learn.

I wouldn't do it just to teach the manager a lesson. Doubt it would work anyway with this manager. I hope the players would do the right thing for themselves and the supporters. This is PL football not working at BT or wherever. Points are at stake. Top end sport is also about stepping up in adversity. I agree BR doesn't seem to be helping  but can we give the players a free pass? Why isn't Maddison mentally shot? Stronger mentality? We need some leaders on the pitch. I think we've got some good players but as a team lack a bit of leadership. We need the dressing room to manage itself a bit more. I remember Pearson talking about that. What I'd give for Huth and Morgan now.

1 minute ago, Rossiter said:

I wouldn't do it just to teach the manager a lesson. Doubt it would work anyway with this manager. I hope the players would do the right thing for themselves and the supporters. This is PL football not working at BT or wherever. Points are at stake. Top end sport is also about stepping up in adversity. I agree BR doesn't seem to be helping  but can we give the players a free pass? Why isn't Maddison mentally shot? Stronger mentality? We need some leaders on the pitch. I think we've got some good players but as a team lack a bit of leadership. We need the dressing room to manage itself a bit more. I remember Pearson talking about that. What I'd give for Huth and Morgan now.

Re Maddison, yes I think he is a different character and yes sadly we are missing having more like him. You are bang on about the need for more leaders like Huth and Morgan.

Ultimately though, the manager is responsible for on the pitch matters. He sets the team up and the tactics and yes sets the tone for the mentality. I have never seen such a poor mentality from a manager. The stuff he says in the press etc. This is why I can’t stand him, not because of results. You are talking to someone who backed Puel to the end and was sad to see him go. 

You are right that the players could do more but if they are not leaders it is not their natural trait. This is where poor recruitment has been a factor as we should have addressed this.

On the Daka example, you’re probably right Rodgers wouldn’t have reprimanded him for booting it out. But, when they do make bad decisions like that, is he going to tell them?

3 hours ago, TrentFox said:

I think our defensive shortcomings are more easily remedied than our striking ones. Vardy is done and neither Nacho or Daka are good enough. We can argue who should start, but none of them are really enough. Forest getting Wood in was a great bit of business. 

... Rodgers is not looking for a lamp post, that is not how he sees the game being played!!!

We may see Wood as a very good player to have upfront, but he is far removed from what Rodgers purport to want.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

11 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Re Maddison, yes I think he is a different character and yes sadly we are missing having more like him. You are bang on about the need for more leaders like Huth and Morgan.

Ultimately though, the manager is responsible for on the pitch matters. He sets the team up and the tactics and yes sets the tone for the mentality. I have never seen such a poor mentality from a manager. The stuff he says in the press etc. This is why I can’t stand him, not because of results. You are talking to someone who backed Puel to the end and was sad to see him go. 

You are right that the players could do more but if they are not leaders it is not their natural trait. This is where poor recruitment has been a factor as we should have addressed this.

On the Daka example, you’re probably right Rodgers wouldn’t have reprimanded him for booting it out. But, when they do make bad decisions like that, is he going to tell them?

Good post. Can a player become a leader? Can they try to find it in themselves? Is it part of the job to improve in that area or at least try? I'd love to see some of our players bollocking each other or, preferably, get in the faces of the opposition a bit more (without getting a red!) It's not that difficult when you've got at least 10 mates with you plus either 29,000 people on your side and 3,000 away. Find a voice - it's part of the job. Maybe they need a character-strengthening coach to go with the set piece coach!

44 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

....your post seems pretty much like a secondary account poster!!!

It seems that your total posts count has been done all today, always good to get fresh perspective though.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....your post seems pretty much like a secondary account poster!!!

It seems that your total posts count has been done all today, always good to get fresh perspective though.

What's a secondary account? I'm trying to avoid doing some work so this is a distraction! Sad I know. Plus it's free. 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rossiter said:

Good post. Can a player become a leader? Can they try to find it in themselves? Is it part of the job to improve in that area or at least try? I'd love to see some of our players bollocking each other or, preferably, get in the faces of the opposition a bit more (without getting a red!) It's not that difficult when you've got at least 10 mates with you plus either 29,000 people on your side and 3,000 away. Find a voice - it's part of the job. Maybe they need a character-strengthening coach to go with the set piece coach!

I don’t think so, I think leaders are born. You may develop a winning mentality or be stronger but some are leaders and some aren’t.

I would say the title winning main 11 had 6 or 7, with the exceptions being Simpson, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Okazaki. Those guys though were mentally strong and winners and experienced in Simpson’s case but I wouldn’t say naturally leaders. Now we have none.

I don’t think a full team of leaders is needed though. In Daka’s case, if his strength is goal scoring let him do his thing. I just think some of these guys have more to offer and in the interest of balance, yea with more leaders in the side as well as the manager. 

On your last point, we used to have a psychological coach, I want to say Ken Wall? He was around in the title winning years but someone, and I’m not sure if it was Rodgers or before him (someone may know), removed him and we haven’t been the same since.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Nacho with great when Brendan had to use him in the run up games to winning the FA cup when Vardy was injured long term. 

The guy needs to be used fully in games, none of this start... stop 10 minutes here and there.

Or he needs to move on where he is at least played in every game

As much as I love Iheanacho, think he’s exactly what we need in games when Madders is out, and find him to be a likable and funny character, I do often wonder about what things are like behind the scenes. 

After all, he travel to Poland only to be turned away at the airport, which was a huge frustration to the club. He’s also had issues arriving on time to Nigeria’s camp.

Unfortunately, though, we’re in a relegation scrap and we cannot leave any option (especially a goal-scoring, link-up machine on his day) to waste away on the bench. 

• Like 1

Daka is so poor on the ball, as I’ve said on here before, he makes the ball look like a balloon when he dribbles with it. Though Vardy is (at his best) a world class finisher, he has never been the best at looking after the ball - control, holding the ball up, passing, dribbling etc and I really hoped that his replacement would be better at this aspect of the game but Daka is actually far worse than him. Daka is also not in Vardy’s league as a finisher. Really not convinced he’s ever going to be the solution. The only role I can see Daka being successful at is those rare games when we are playing against a very high defensive line when balls can be pinged over the top for him to chase.