Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

When you are faced with a 6-4 CB who outweighs you by 40 lbs , staying on your feet is not so easy. Why is Haarland such a handful ? He is a big, powerful bloke , so are Kane, Benzema, Lewandowski etc.etc.

...I can understand the others, but Harry Kane is just a very very clever forward, his size would not be the overriding factor in his success!!!

If Daka with his pace can put himself between the defender and the ball in the box, he would win a lot of penalties, looking to fall over a defender's leg all the time, does his game no favours..

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If only he could recapture his Leipzig form 

He needs a bit if composure, movement is often good and he occupies defenders but slashes at everything.

Would be very difficult considering he’s never played for them :)

• Haha 3

He may of got a goal every other game at RB Leipzig but he barely looks like getting a goal every 10 games here.

He puts a shift in but he's just not composed enough in front of goal, he had two very clear chances which he snatched at today.

We need Iheanacho starting games.

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Today was the last straw for me, I've run out of patience with him.

I appreciate all the excuses, I'm just not buying them any longer. Love his grin but he needs to be shipped out in the summer.

Worth reposting.. absolutely my view too. 

My camel's back today has broken with him..I've tried to like him. Wanted to like him. I've given him slack. Let's find asap some mug punter Bundesliha club who'll spunk 10m on him and cut our losses.

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Worth reposting.. absolutely my view too. 

My camel's back today has broken with him..I've tried to like him. Wanted to like him. I've given him slack. Let's find asap some mug punter Bundesliha club who'll spunk 10m on him and cut our losses.

I was very frustrated with him today, but I am desperately trying not to judge any player in what is clearly a broken system/team at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

can we put him behind nacho in the pecking order now please.

not writing him off, but we've got to avoid relegation. *we* dont care how, if only Rodgers was more pragmatic.

I’ll actually settle for him coming on between 60-70 minutes to score in cup games but we still need to do better than Daka starting 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

None of our forwards are really scoring. None of them are bad forwards. Therefore only a complete numpty wouldn't be able to see that a change in formation or tactics might just be worth a try?

Exactly the reason why maybe a change of formation is what we need. We already know that Nacho and Vardy work very well as a pair so I don’t see why Rodgers won’t at least give it another go considering we are crap at the moment.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Did he not win a penalty today? 

...yes he did, but he needs to change his approach to how he plays the game!!!

Last season when he lost the ball in a challenge with a defender, he would sit on the ground waving his hands around believing he had been hard done by. If you lose the ball, chase back to get possession or give your team some support, do not sit there and allow your team to be one man down.

As I said, get in the box and look to get across your man, learn to anticipate and gamble that the ball is going to get to you, and always make the run otherwise you are going to be constantly on your back foot when the chance arrives.

1 hour ago, marcymarc666 said:

The first time I watched him play for Leicester his first touch was bloody awful  and I thought who the hell scouted him !

Unfortunately  he hasn't improved.

Thank goodness you’re not on our scout urn team. What’s he supposed to do up front completely isolated on his own? 

• Haha 1

Daka needs to play on the shoulder and preferably with a strike partner. Him and Iheanacho were great in the pre-season games when playing together when he arrived at the club. Unfortunately we don’t get the best out of them as a pair as we play a system to accommodate Barnes coming off the wing instead. Fair enough when he’s on it. Frustrating when he’s not. 

Edited by An Away Move

I think there is some ability in there as referenced by the goals he scored when he first signed but my biggest concern is that he looks too lightweight for the PL and gets brushed off the ball far too easily. Also, considering some were saying how quick he was before we signed him I've been somewhat surprised with both his lack of acceleration and pace. He's not slow, but he's nowhere near prime Vardy levels. 

38 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

He may of got a goal every other game at RB Leipzig but he barely looks like getting a goal every 10 games here.

He puts a shift in but he's just not composed enough in front of goal, he had two very clear chances which he snatched at today.

We need Iheanacho starting games.

I think you will find it was Red Bull Salzburg of the Austrian League a slghtly different standard to the Bundesliga quite a jump in standard 

25 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Exactly the reason why maybe a change of formation is what we need. We already know that Nacho and Vardy work very well as a pair so I don’t see why Rodgers won’t at least give it another go considering we are crap at the moment.

Absolutely, it's quite bizarre really isn't it. Stubbornness springs to mind. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

There is a player in there. I genuinely believe that. 

Problems are clearly:

1. Our systems is shit. Its broken. It doesn't work.

2. Creatively we rely solely on Maddison in this system.

3. One upfront isn't working.

4. His confidence is shot to bits. 

I think Kristensen will make a massive difference. I think Tete will make a massive difference.

A run of games and a run of goals and I think he could genuinely be a 15-20+ goals a season player. 

Will need to create 150 chances then, keep hearing he is a good finisher, but has not scored in ages . No where near a prem striker at the moment. Not even sure he is that quick as he is a bit slow to react

50 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

He’ll only improve by playing up front with someone alongside him. This will never happen with Rodgers in charge. The forward’s we have atm are not capable of playing as a lone striker. How the fvck Rodgers doesn’t see this m I don’t know. Baffling. 

Agreed