Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Nowhere near good enough. If you think any different i worry for you. Vardy has shot it too unfortunately which means we are desperate up front. Another challenge either now or in the summer. 

Vardy as incredible as he's been has gone now so we need to bite the bullet and get someone in.

16 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Everyone was saying that about Kelechi 2 years ago… now he’s the saviour.

Ill judge him once we actually play decent football again

What's the football we're playing got to do with him being able to control a football and run with it? Or hit the target from 18 yards? 

• Like 3

First season should've been there to settle in, give him opportunities and let him grow into it here and find his motivation here, but compared to last season you've to say Daka's regressed if anything. You could possibly blame the manager as the tactics clearly don't suit him, but even at L2 opponents today, chance after chance where he just couldn't keep it on target.

I think he's just too nice a personality aswell, on all of his media pieces when he'd signed just such a nice lad. That inferno of rage we see in Vardy, bubbling away isn't there in Patson, he has a different type of determination.

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The hype in Transfer Talk easily eclipsed Madueke , De Ketelaire and Tete. They just love a new toy over there don't they. Patson is a decent striker and can be lethal in a quick break team ( Leeds anybody) but he doesn't have the physical presence for our slow build up play.

He is basically only useful for running in behind. Even then his runs tend to be poor. In a league like the Prem with quick defenders alive to the counter attack players like Daka who don't have a complete game get found out quickly. 

God knows why we don't get a big physical striker up front who can hold the ball and link play and play in others beyond. This would complement the way Bodgers wants to play beautifully. I'm thinking a la Giroud. We have wide players like Harvey and Perez absolutely suited to playing off a front man like that, Maddison too would get played on and even Daka could probably do a job out wide too.

We even have Kel who would fulfil that role to some point but of course Brendan hates him for some non apparent reason. Probably Kel questioned him once and he's still holding a vendetta. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's the football we're playing got to do with him being able to control a football and run with it? Or hit the target from 18 yards? 

Probably the fact he’s never getting service, can’t build any confidence, starts one week not the next. 

Again, Kelechi was the same for a while, people saying he looked like a competition winner - think it’s too early to write him off. Wasn’t that long ago he scored a hat full in Europe 

1 hour ago, TMELcfc said:

Everyone was saying that about Kelechi 2 years ago… now he’s the saviour.

Ill judge him once we actually play decent football again

The football was good enough to carve out 3/4 decent chances v early in the game which were fluffed . If 2 had been taken there’d be no talk about decent football . Having said that the football isn’t great at the moment because all the laboured build up and moving the oppo around ends in the creation of a chance to score which is bungled in embarrassing fashion 

25 minutes ago, surrifox said:

The football was good enough to carve out 3/4 decent chances v early in the game which were fluffed . If 2 had been taken there’d be no talk about decent football . Having said that the football isn’t great at the moment because all the laboured build up and moving the oppo around ends in the creation of a chance to score which is bungled in embarrassing fashion 

I don’t think those chances were great, maybe one should’ve gone better, the one where he created room in the box for himself but scuffed it. I thought compared to recent weeks, some of his movement was good today. 

I shouldn’t be surprised by what I see on here though, football fans have a habit of writing players off quickly. People seem to love Kel now… yet a couple of years ago some were booing him coming off the bench… but with a bit of time and confidence, he’s looking much better (although still looks laboured at times). 

Then of course there was vards in the early days. He didn’t turn out too bad in the end. 

Anyway, we will need some more fire power in the summer as Vardy is sadly, on his way out. 

Edited by TMELcfc
  • Like 1

I hate being reactionary but I’m with the posters that say today has seen me give up hope of Patson being Vardy’s heir so to speak.

I know confidence is important in football and it’s evident his is extremely low but WOW….the lad just seems to struggle to do some of the basic things doesn’t he?

Peak Vardy wasn’t only quicker but his runs between top level CB pairings etc made him a nightmare too.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Patson Daka will be just fine once we get a Manager who understands football. 

Coming from someone who has never coached or won a trophy in football and probably works at a kebab shop in Braunstone. Poor character :brendan:

Edited by Simoken
  • Haha 1

Neither Kel or PD have JV’s striker’s  instincts or footballing brain . They are slow to react and create scoring chances and the fraction of additional time they require mostly nullifies their threat . I don’t think it’s something you can learn or be coached into either 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Ok you can say that, but come on back it up why? Discuss I wanna hear your insight.

These same things were said from most on foxestalk about nacho, now most saying he should start. Daka looked great when he first arrived but being benched in favour of Vardy has knocked his confidence, he needs to play, he needs a scrappy goal or 2, he needs some help perhaps but he shouldn’t be written off yet

• Haha 1