Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

I think his problem is poor service.

We've been shit for so long passing through the lines that we can make anyone look bad.

What he needs is the help of an experienced attacking Coach or an Ex Striker with a different style to Vardy.

With a better Coach who can help him how to find better positioning and space in attacking area's. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Neither Kel or PD have JV’s striker’s  instincts or footballing brain . They are slow to react and create scoring chances and the fraction of additional time they require mostly nullifies their threat . I don’t think it’s something you can learn or be coached into either 

Have you seen Jamie Vardy since 2021? Iheanacho is our best striker now. Get with the times.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Have you seen Jamie Vardy since 2021? Iheanacho is our best striker now. Get with the times.

Yes oddly enough I have . Don’t be disingenuous it’s obvious I was referring to Vardy at a comparable age . If your contention is correct we are definitely in trouble 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Yes oddly enough I have . Don’t be disingenuous it’s obvious I was referring to Vardy at a comparable age . If your contention is correct we are definitely in trouble 

That’s a fair point with your narrative. But your narrative is wrong(obviously in my opinion!). I can agree that we’re definitely in trouble regardless. 

3 hours ago, Simoken said:

Coming from someone who has never coached or won a trophy in football and probably works at a kebab shop in Braunstone. Poor character :brendan:

What a very strange comment. !! If only people who have coached or won trophies are allowed to comment this will be a very limited forum.

Were you violated by a kebab shop worker from Braunstone ?  Is that where the bias comes from.??

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

Probably the fact he’s never getting service, can’t build any confidence, starts one week not the next. 

Again, Kelechi was the same for a while, people saying he looked like a competition winner - think it’s too early to write him off. Wasn’t that long ago he scored a hat full in Europe 

So when he miskicks the ball that's his team mate's fault. Got it.

Funny how when Nacho comes on with the same "service" he immediately goes on a strong run and hits the target forcing a save, then scores a few minutes later. There is zero reason to be playing Daka over him.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I am sorry but daka is not a premiership striker he is never in a position to get a pass he’s never balanced when he receives the ball , for me he is a failure and boy haven’t we had some of them 

Joke of a comment. He was literally in the right position every time yesterday. If you want to pick on him, the finishing was awful but to pick after yesterday to slate him not being in the positions just highlights your lack of knowledge unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So when he miskicks the ball that's his team mate's fault. Got it.

Funny how when Nacho comes on with the same "service" he immediately goes on a strong run and hits the target forcing a save, then scores a few minutes later. There is zero reason to be playing Daka over him.

Wow you really do hate him don’t you..? Were you one of those booing Kelechi off the Bench a few years back? 

I didn’t say he’s playing well, I just find it surprising he’s being written off so quickly when this is the first time he’s had some proper minutes … if he doesn’t come good, fair enough, but I’ve seen it plenty of times in the past, that with a goal and a bit of confidence, they find their groove 

• Like 1

I constantly scratch my head with wonder what the whole debate it over, all this goes to show how poor the Austrian Bundesliga is. Someone said it best last week here when they said he constantly looks like he’s playing with a balloon at his feet.

Someone please sort a long term loan deal out for the sake of both parties.

Edited by jonathan_ross

9 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

I constantly scratch my head with wonder what the whole debate it over, all this goes to show how poor the Austrian Bundesliga is. Someone said it best last week here when they said he constantly looks like he’s playing with a balloon at his feet.

Someone please sort a long term loan deal out for the sake of both parties.

You say the Austrian bundesliga is poor Erling Haaland played there and he isn't doing to bad, perhaps after he left to play in Germany he was coached better at Dortmund  than we have here at Leicester.

22 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Wow you really do hate him don’t you..? Were you one of those booing Kelechi off the Bench a few years back? 

I didn’t say he’s playing well, I just find it surprising he’s being written off so quickly when this is the first time he’s had some proper minutes … if he doesn’t come good, fair enough, but I’ve seen it plenty of times in the past, that with a goal and a bit of confidence, they find their groove 

Let me guess you back every player staying indefinitely incase they "do a Vardy". 

In terms of positioning that's the best I've seen him play and when factoring in the new right winger he now has the chance to move forward and take his chance.

I would only give him until summer to make that step up that's required because I don't think by that point that all the coaching in the world would make him better.

Daka also seems to rely too much on his confidence which is a negative for me.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

In terms of positioning that's the best I've seen him play and when factoring in the new right winger he now has the chance to move forward and take his chance.

I would only give him until summer to make that step up that's required because I don't think by that point that all the coaching in the world would make him better.

Daka also seems to rely too much on his confidence which is a negative for me.

A new manager? I suppose it’s how long in the future that will be…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Let me guess you back every player staying indefinitely incase they "do a Vardy". 

😂😂 no I just give them a bit of a chance… not quite sure what writing them off this early does… 

I can’t believe though I’m being criticised for wanting a player to come good 🤣🤣 

God help Tete if he doesn’t hit the ground running 

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

😂😂 no I just give them a bit of a chance… not quite sure what writing them off this early does… 

I can’t believe though I’m being criticised for wanting a player to come good 🤣🤣 

God help Tete if he doesn’t hit the ground running 

For the record I want him to come good, absolutely. 

But we're in a relegation battle. We can't be playing lads in the hope they come good.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

You say the Austrian bundesliga is poor Erling Haaland played there and he isn't doing to bad, perhaps after he left to play in Germany he was coached better at Dortmund  than we have here at Leicester.

Haaland is definitely warping people’s opinions on the Austrian league. It’s like saying the National League is a good level because Vardy came through there or the Swedish league is a good level because Ibrahimovic came from there.

Ive posted it a couple of times before, but if you go through the golden boot winners in the Austrian league over the past 10-15 years you’ll see that they all get taken a chance on by a PL, La Liga, Bundesliga or Serie A side and they consistently all flop, a couple even dropped down to the Italian and Spanish 2nd tiers and still couldn’t get more than 4 or 5 goals a season in their 2nd tiers.

The reality is that players coming from the Austrian league have consistently shown themselves to be a significantly lower level than even players coming from 2nd tier European leagues like Portugal, the Netherlands or Belgium.

Of course Haaland is an exception to that, but freak generational talents happen from time to time and it seems to seriously have warped people’s view of the league.

Regardless of anything else about Daka, I just think the argument that “he’s scored goals in Austria, so he’s got something” is such a silly one, because outside of Haaland, prolific scorers in Austria have consistently shown to be way out of their depth when they’ve gone up to the level of a team in the major 4 European leagues.

Edited by Sampson

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

For the record I want him to come good, absolutely. 

But we're in a relegation battle. We can't be playing lads in the hope they come good.

I get that, and so I agree that Kelechi has to start more games… god knows why he doesn’t when he usually impacts the game. 
I just find all the slander Daka is getting a bit unfair when he doesn’t get loads of starts or service. 

Rodgers comments were interesting after the game on RL, Owynn PA asked him if he would consider playing Nacho up top in the premier league and he said he’d been thinking about it and would do so when a right sided attacker comes in.

Expect he will start against Villa especially with Vards being out.

We shouldn’t write Daka off as Leicester fans but he is in really poor form. His main strength was his finishing but that has deserted him recently. His all round game especially outside the box is questionable and has been since he signed.

Edited by mod hero