Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...take a look for yourself!!!

Yeh looks like he thrives against a high line. Most of those goals look like the defence is out of position from a fast break. Lots of orthodox crosses to him too. Not going to get that from inverted wingers. Might just be the Austrian league (particularly when stadiums were empty) is not a good gauge of quality judging by what he’s served up to us since he arrived?

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

When Rodgers leaves and we finally play Daka and Iheanacho together consistently, people on here will look a little silly... (in my dreams)

How are you going to play 2 up top? 442 and our 2 in midfield will get overrun and you won’t be able to play Maddison. 532 and you are going to be playing with no wingers. Tete on the bench? 

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

How are you going to play 2 up top? 442 and our 2 in midfield will get overrun and you won’t be able to play Maddison. 532 and you are going to be playing with no wingers. Tete on the bench? 

...a 4-4-2 will allow Maddison in the team, but he will play the #8 role as I  believe he states that he is!!!

Maddison is leaving this summer, and if we went with a more robust midfield two when Tielemans and Mendy leave as well I think it's doable

Edited by Nicolo Barella

18 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'm mystified by the number of people claiming Daka is quality. Based on what evidence?? 

I still think he's terrible. I'll be highly surprised if he turns out to be decent for us.

Kelechi did more on Saturday, after coming on, in less time. Coming short and off the defender for one.

Yeh looks like he thrives against a high line. Most of those goals look like the defence is out of position from a fast break. Lots of orthodox crosses to him too. Not going to get that from inverted wingers. Might just be the Austrian league (particularly when stadiums were empty) is not a good gauge of quality judging by what he’s served up to us since he arrived?

...you have stated mitigating factors why we have not seen the best of this player in your opening lines!!!

Those observations make the way we have asked him to play, far removed from his previous experiences.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

It is not a gauge at all. Aside from Haaland (who is a very good striker), pretty much all golden boot winners in the Austria league have been awful when they've moved to stronger leagues in Europe.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a 4-4-2 will allow Maddison in the team, but he will play the #8 role as I  believe he states that he is!!!

That will result in us getting completely overran in midfield. No one can play 442 in the premier league these days . 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

That will result in us getting completely overran in midfield. No one can play 442 in the premier league these days . 

Said it before, but if you go into Daka’s thread over the past year, you’ll  have found people saying “he’s being misused, we need to play 4-4-2 to get the best out of him”.

If you go into Ndidi’s thread you’ll have seen people saying “he’s being misused, we need to play 4-3-3 to get the best out of him as an anchor man”.

If you go into Maddison’s thread you’ll find people saying “he’s being misused, we need to go back to 4-2-3-1 to get the best out of him”.

If you go to Tielemans thread you’ll have seen people say “we need to play a diamond in midfield to get the best out of him”

Now we’ve just signed another winger so in Tete’s thread everyone’s talking about 4-2-3-1 with proper wide players…

Seems to me we’ve got a bunch of limited individuals who can only play one way and who don’t work together rather than trying to build a “team” and at some point we’ve got to decide which are the players we actually need to build the side around, which unfortunately means we’re going to have to stop playing/getting rid of some.

And right now, I’m really not convinced the likes of Daka and Ndidi are really good enough to build the entire side round. All those saying “Daka just needs to be played a certain way and played balls over the top for” are giving backhanded compliments admitting how limited he is.

Ultimately, you’ve got to be pretty bloody good to have the style of play built for one or two players, for everyone demanding we play 4-4-2 to suit Daka then they’ve got to be convinced he’s *that* good to build the side round at the sacrifice of other players. - Vardy was good enough for that, as was Mahrez, as is Maddison currently. I’m not convinced the likes of Daka or Ndidi are though.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Said it before, but if you go into Daka’s thread over the past year, you’ll  have found people saying “he’s being misused, we need to play 4-4-2 to get the best out of him”.

If you go into Ndidi’s thread you’ll have seen people saying “he’s being misused, we need to play 4-3-3 to get the best out of him as an anchor man”.

If you go into Maddison’s thread you’ll find people saying “he’s being misused, we need to go back to 4-2-3-1 to get the best out of him”.

If you go to Tielemans thread you’ll have seen people say “we need to play a diamond in midfield to get the best out of him”

Now we’ve just signed another winger so in Tete’s thread everyone’s talking about 4-2-3-1 with proper wide players…

Seems to me we’ve got a bunch of limited individuals who can only play one way and who don’t work together rather than trying to build a “team” and at some point we’ve got to decide which are the players we actually need to build the side around, which unfortunately means we’re going to have to stop playing/getting rid of some.

And right now, I’m really not convinced the likes of Daka and Ndidi are really good enough to build the entire side round. All those saying “Daka just needs to be played a certain way and played balls over the top for” are giving backhanded compliments admitting how limited he is.

Ultimately, you’ve got to be pretty bloody good to have the style of play built for one or two players, for everyone demanding we play 4-4-2 to suit Daka then they’ve got to be convinced he’s *that* good to build the side round at the sacrifice of other players. - Vardy was good enough for that, as was Mahrez, as is Maddison currently. I’m not convinced the likes of Daka or Ndidi are though.

Daka is definitely not good enough for the side to he built around him. As for the Ndidi bit, I don’t think you’d ever build a side around a CDM anyway. Based on form he shouldn’t be getting in the team though.

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

Good post..

Interesting takes..

Today a PL player in the front 6, has to have the capability & flexabilty to play at least 2-3 roles…and in various set-ups…So like  you these points of not playing

Player XYZ in his best position, falls on deaf ears for me..

What do these fans think when they see top 6 clubs,having players who can pick up comfortably a variety of positions..

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Good post..

Interesting takes..

Today a PL player in the front 6, has to have the capability & flexabilty to play at least 2-3 roles…and in various set-ups…So like  you these points of not playing

Player XYZ in his best position, falls on deaf ears for me..

What do these fans think when they see top 6 clubs,having players who can pick up comfortably a variety of positions..

...I am sure these versatile players are actually playing in the right positions!!!

Rotation and a tweak of the plan is what happens, only in games where the options are limited would you see the change with someone being made to cover a position he is not usually played in.

I still giving him a benefit of the doubt.

He just can't display his skills under BR's mind boggling, confusing game plans.

Currently, non of our players performing anyway thanks to our rocket scientist football coach.

Looking at the performances of Lookman and Under and how they excelled at their new clubs, is the clear indication of his incompetency of recognising talented football players.

• Like 1

It really feels like we are missing out by not building a Daka-Iheanacho partnership now. 

Both reaching their prime and have shown moments of brilliance, but need to be playing week in, week out. 

Vardy is done. I think everyone can agree on that. He should be utilized as late impact sub and nothing more. 

I want two strikers back in the team as well. I am fed up of us sticking with one isolated striker each game.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It really feels like we are missing out by not building a Daka-Iheanacho partnership now. 

Both reaching their prime and have shown moments of brilliance, but need to be playing week in, week out. 

Vardy is done. I think everyone can agree on that. He should be utilized as late impact sub and nothing more. 

I want two strikers back in the team as well. I am fed up of us sticking with one isolated striker each 

Yeah I feel playing a 4411, with Nacho playing a deeper 2nd striker role, would really work for both. Unfortunately I just don't think Nacho will ever be more than a after thought for Rodgers,  bringing him on for 5-10mins here or there once a month. 

17 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Before we signed tete it should have been 41212 diamond for over a year now with ndidi-tielemans-kdh-maddison-iheanacho-daka. Yes I'm aware that Barnes exists, i still think that side would have been better.

• 2 months later...