Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

I've made a point of holding out hope for Daka, but I thought he was crap today. He ran around a bit, gave away loads of possession, a few free kicks in dangerous areas; his touch looked awful and he doesn't really apply any pressure when he presses. But yes, he tried, and yes, that beats some of the listless, disinterested displays we've seen from others. And it's fair to say that he needs judging on what he does as a CF.

Poor in the first half, had 2 chances in the second half and looked knackered at the end. Think he went left foot with at least one of them.

We're better off with Barnes out on the left wing and a confident Daka in the middle. He's showing more passion and aggression, which I think he was missing last season - he looked too nice and happy all the time, you need to have some sort of rage bubbling under there in that role buzzing around imo.

Edited by Jaspa

He's most definitely not a winger. Still think he could do a job up top in the right system and with proper supply - which we haven't seen him in yet - but I'd hope he was only out on the left because Barnes and Maddison were both unavailable.

Putting in the effort which is good to see at least, but quality wise was lacking today. Not the only one that applies to, mind.

10 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I'd move him on in the summer and try and make some money back while there are still clubs who will take a chance on him. He's very lightweight and doesn't seem to have a footballing brain at all. Can't see him ever becoming a regular PL goalscorer.

Wouldn't be against moving him on.

But we said very similar things about Nacho once upon a time. Down to the guy's attitude to improve at the end of the day. Nacho definitely worked his a*** off in training when he was frozen out

Edited by HybridFox

Like others have said, he's not a winger and should never be played there. He should be played through the middle with balls played in for him to run on to. Regardless of what we saw today, he can finish, he's just short of confidence. The only criticism I have is his penance to go down as soon as he sees a defender. That's really frustrating and so many moves broke down because he's lying on the pitch when he should be fighting for the ball. Also please don't ask him to defend, probably the worse defender I've ever seen.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Ran his socks off. End product was poor.

Let’s see what a change in management can bring out of him.

Think we already have seen that, and that's not a lot.

That said, he ran his heart out, even down with cramp near the end, but next to no end product. As a supposed striker, that's reason enough to potentially move him on. It just isn't working out for him.

Looks at his best when he doesn’t have to think. Through ball, run into it, shoot. Problem out wide is its constant decisions; pass, come back, cross, run at the defender. Problem is I don’t feel like he has the technical ability of footballing brain to play anywhere other than out and out striker, and even there his runs look below what you need at this level.

I stayed after the game to get Vardy to sign a couple of shirts and Patson came across as a very nice bloke. Stayed for a while, chatted to everyone, posed for pictures doing his celebration etc.

I told him he played well, hope he doesn’t agree **** me was he shite lol 

1 hour ago, FLAN said:

Someone tell him to stop tracking back. He’s a liability tackling 

Played out of position. He isn't a winger, but always makes an effort. A confidence player who like many others has had is confidence destroyed by Rodgersball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sycokilla said:

I think he is a goal scorer and  technically reasonable, today he gave away too many fouls. He is another one of our players where the confidence has been drained...i hope he can change his mindset and push on... i hope we have the patience to support him a while longer.

...we seem to be adopting this everybody get back behind the ball to defend type of football!!!

Daka was more a liability coming back to defend, he could have caused us to drop points today. Leave him further up the pitch where it makes the opposition have to hold 2 players further back. Iversen gets the ball or a broken attack needs an outlet, and we have someone with his pace and we use him to get involved in atreas he has no right to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

IHe's got all the fundamental skills to be an absolute force. 

But what are these “fundamental skills”?

I just don’t see it… People say he’s lightning quick but I never see evidence of it on the pitch. People say his movement is grear but he never finds space and is easily marked. People say he’s a great finisher but he misses easy chances. He also can’t hold the ball up or control or 

What are these fundamentals he’s supposedly great at? Kramaric I always thought clearly had talent with the ball at his feet. Daka just doesn’t 

• Like 3