Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

22 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

I'm keen to see what he can do too. We've had sneak previews, and it looks promising. It'll take time for him to adjust (quite a step for him I'd imagine) so patience is the key here. We'll see more of him when he's ready and the time's right. 

You've got to trust BR (and the coaching staff) sometimes.

Not going to make the step up without significant game time. Scored against Napoli - fractional offside. The guy is mustardo and must get more game time. We need to step up against Burnley and actually play football from the off. Attack the cnuts. 

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Not going to make the step up without significant game time. Scored against Napoli - fractional offside. The guy is mustardo and must get more game time. We need to step up against Burnley and actually play football from the off. Attack the cnuts. 

I must admit I have been wondering lately what would happen if we sacked off whichever absentee No.10 and played 2 forwards.

Maybe goals?

8 hours ago, ShadowKing said:

If Daka isn't starting for premier/cup games, they should at least have him start as main forward for Europa matches.

I imagine he'll start in Poland to be honest. 

If he's starting at home against the strongest team in the group then I imagine the plan is he starts all the group stage games. 

I am surprised and a bit disappointed he didn't start WITH Iheanacho yesterday but you have to respect Rodgers wanting to ease him in. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I must admit I have been wondering lately what would happen if we sacked off whichever absentee No.10 and played 2 forwards.

Maybe goals?

Was going to say I’d rather be Napoleon than Wellington, but that might be a bit obscure and some might only consider the last battle. I’d rather burn bright than just fade away. 

9 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Piper said he is still getting up to speed too, which is fair enough. Also, both Kel and Vards are scoring and need fitness, so we can afford to be patient with him.

...but can he be patient with himself!!!

It must be frustrating to be training all week and not to play. He would be well into the groove at his previous club by now but he cannot buy a game here.

The situation is that he maybe adjusting to the pace of the game and our movement on the pitch but this situation unless he handles it right could lead to him trying too hard to impress. This can only lead to a Cengiz Under effect where you look to play for yourself and not the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

If he's starting at home against the strongest team in the group then I imagine the plan is he starts all the group stage games. 

I am surprised and a bit disappointed he didn't start WITH Iheanacho yesterday but you have to respect Rodgers wanting to ease him in. 

You do?

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

It must be frustrating to be training all week and not to play. He would be well into the groove at his previous club by now but he cannot buy a game here.

The situation is that he maybe adjusting to the pace of the game and our movement on the pitch but this situation unless he handles it right could lead to him trying too hard to impress. This can only lead to a Cengiz Under effect where you look to play for yourself and not the team.

If he wasn't up for it then presumably he wouldn't have come. There's no way he wouldn't have been made aware that he wasn't coming in as a first-choice striker and that his game time initially would be limited - maybe not quite as limited as it has been thus far, admittedly.

Under I think was a bit different in that he was essentially working against the clock from the start and trying to earn himself a move either here or elsewehere whereas Daka has signed a five-year contract, which he's about three months into. I imagine he will be very relaxed about his situation, as we all should be.

Hard to drop Vardy, in the league as he’s got 3 in 5 and 1 or 2 assists in 5 also.

Iheanacho has also taken his chances, as had Perez so Daka (as unlucky as he was to have that goal chalked off) will just have to be patient. 

We’ve got good options attacking wise, and it’s a long season, in which they’ll all get a go. 

It’s our defending which needs attention tbh….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He chosen to sign for a club with one of the best PL strikers over the last 6-7 years, with over 120 PL goals and a Striker who has just had the season of his life.

He would have had to be terrible naïve to think he would be playing regular in the first month or so of the season.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No, what we do is stop starting players bang out of form who waste substitute positions and mean its nigh on impossible to make 2 subs on that are both strikers. Daka would have been given more opportunities in the league.

Also don't put him on the bloody wing. He's clearly a natural finisher and his finish against Napoli was so instinctive.  

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah, agreed on last night but 433 was probably the right move and Kels needed the mins and more than earned the right to start, as did Lookman, so formation was there.  More puzzling from BR was playing Youri and Wilf for the full match.  I think it should have been Madders in there as an attacking 8 with KDH and a holding mid to help balance.  But we won.

Back to Daka - he looked well pissed off when Kels didn't square to him for the second goal, and didn't really seem to celebrate like the others. That's a little worrying but I think he's the sort of bloke who will get over it.  Seems like he's more keen and enthusiastic to be involved in a positive way and won't get the hump too much (well for now) if he's eased in.  He was the main man for RB though and did play champs league, so it's not like he can't step up - just look at Toney for someone who has and has the right attributes.  Nice to have the problem of three class strikers, just hope (as Ric says) BR isn't afraid to wait to shake things up (but I fear he has shades of Southgate)

• Like 2

Daka seems to me like the type of player who would really compliment a team that's already attacking well, creating loads of chances etc. But wouldn't necessarily be the one who digs in and forces the play when things are a bit stale. Maybe Brendan can see that and is just protecting him a bit until the team form picks up. 

• Like 1

On 23/09/2021 at 09:02, Webbo said:

So do we drop Vardy who scored on Sunday or Iheanacho who scored last night to accommodate him? 

No, you put him in a three up front with Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare behind them. Can't think of many defences relishing the problems those three could cause them. With Ricardo having the odd burst down the right there's plenty for the opposition to think about before daring to try and flood a competent  midfield in order to get at a tippy tappy side to side defence and overwhelmed 2 in midfield option.

Occasion balls down the channels or over the top could create variety and chaos instead of a slavish persistence for a poor form of an antiquated build up from the back possession style of football that arguably we haven't got the players to fulfil anyway.

Surely it's about a winning style for the players currently at your disposal rather than a style for the mere sake of it?

• Like 1

To be honest we have this luxury of having a great squad now, so that makes the choices harder and the competition greater, BUT I am sure so many Leicester fans are wondering why players who have no form to speak of are being picked.

Seen Soumare a couple of times, think he should play.  Tielemens, Ndidi of course.

At the back you've got Castagne (who never puts a foot wrong), Riccy, Jonny, Cags, Vestergaard, Bertrand and I have plenty of time for Thomas too & Justin is back in 4-6 weeks.

Up front for me Jamie & Nach worked brilliantly last season, we are not good to watch so far and not creating very little, the stats prove it.  Lookman obviously played well at Brighton but thought he struggled against the Millwall fullback Weds, as I was there, certainly first half. 

Got to get Daka playing some games, just for some continuity and play and fitness really, so its tough for him, would get interesting if he found the back of the net a couple of times when he plays, looks a bit raw currently.

That's 15 (If I can count right).  

So BR has to bite the bullet and drop Maddison (pick on form, no goals, no assists, no big chances created, 1 through ball, 2 crosses), and you still have Perez, Albrighton, KDH, even Choudry tends not to let us down.  Maybe Wes 2nd half of the season (Feb onwards), god we need him at the back.

But its seems a real slog this season, limited invention and effectiveness, so the squad/team is just not meshing or the style, the build up from the back - Weds was painful, we just don't move the ball quickly enough and I'm sorry Jonny is no Quarterback, Vestergaard is a better passer on the form I've seen this season, but a worse defender.

Its tricky, Brendan has to earn his money, and he's a patient even cautious manager I believe.  he's served us brilliantly so far mind, but he needs to get it right again.  But we all hope Daka can be a success, you always want everybody to work ideally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

No, you put him in a three up front with Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare behind them. Can't think of many defences relishing the problems those three could cause them. With Ricardo having the odd burst down the right there's plenty for the opposition to think about before daring to try and flood a competent  midfield in order to get at a tippy tappy side to side defence and overwhelmed 2 in midfield option.

Occasion balls down the channels or over the top could create variety and chaos instead of a slavish persistence for a poor form of an antiquated build up from the back possession style of football that arguably we haven't got the players to fulfil anyway.

Surely it's about a winning style for the players currently at your disposal rather than a style for the mere sake of it?

Which of Vardy and Daka do you completely neutralise by putting as the wide forward though? You will struggle if you have them both playing through the middle as they are similar players in terms of the positions they will try take up on the pitch and the type of player they are so they will just get in each others way, and neither have performed regularly or done well as a wide player either, it isn't just a matter of throw all 3 on the pitch and let them play how they want, it doesn't work like that

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1