Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Will give him a bit of leeway as he was played out of position, but even some of the basics he failed to do. Poor first touch the main thing.

Totally understand why he was the option to play there - I guess the team needed pace down that side and Daka allowed for that. I don't suspect he'll be played there again any time soon. It just emphasises the lack of depth in the side, though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Play him as a wide striker like Barnes does. Barnes isn’t really a left winger and Daka has been getting chances playing there against Wolves and tonight. 

Agree. He just needs to be more confident/selfish when hes in those goalscoring positions

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

If he shot and missed people would be moaning about why he didn't pass it to Vardy. Foxes Talk is a relentless mob.

Rewatched and I think he makes the right call to pass. Vardy goes a little too early. Personally I think this is just unlucky. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Play him as a wide striker like Barnes does. Barnes isn’t really a left winger and Daka has been getting chances playing there against Wolves and tonight. 

But barnes gives 0 options to the full back who's often desperate to give and go with someone but there's nobody there because barnes is stood in the strikers pocket. 

He also makes zero effort to get back out wide and it causes is no end of problems. He needs to stay wide more to pick up the ball then drive inside

12 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Thought he did well when he came on tonight. Certainly looked more threatening than Barnes. 

Dont forget that Barnes suffered a 'reducer' from that horrible Ayling challenge that was an 'orange' card tackle - and he was only just coming back from injury

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Looks like the man’s confidence is just shot to peices!

Strikers don’t usually get through on goal, one to one with the keeper, only to slide it across to another striker stood offside!

A confident Daka would have just pulled the trigger and probably scored. 
I still think there’s a striker in there who’s a couple of goals away from scoring lots of goals. 
But he’s had lots of time now really. It’ll be interesting to see if he stays or goes in the summer.

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Strikers don’t usually get through on goal, one to one with the keeper, only to slide it across to another striker stood offside!

I still think there’s a striker in there who’s a couple of goals away from scoring lots of goals. 
But he’s had lots of time now really. It’ll be interesting to see if he stays or goes in the summer.

...he is playing alongside Vardy a player he states he admires and nine times out of ten he would have deferred to him!!!

With Nacho now having groin problems, it would be great if a partnership could be struck up between them by the end of the season.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just what I’ve been saying for a while the lad is a quality striker when in form !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Vardy and Patson have both now opted to square the ball when through on goal at an angle. Got to be a confidence thing as you'd expect a Premier league striker to be going for it and slotting them in.

Maybe physiological given the position we are in, desperate for points etc  

• Like 1