Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

I feel for him.

He’s a central striker who likes to play off the shoulder, but as Vardy’s doing that, they’re just throwing him on anywhere just because there’s **** all else on the bench attack wise. At a few points late on he was in the number 10 position and had no idea what he was supposed to be doing there. 

• Like 1

He’s all about instinct, when he has time to think about his next move, he 9 times out of 10 trips over his own feet, takes too long and gets closed down, or misplaces a simple ball. This is why he should be nowhere near either wing. Would sooner see Praet out there if we are shoehorning someone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhispyWizard said:

Why not hook Barnes and have him play with Vardy and Madders behind?! 

Why do we seem persistent on playing wingers? Such a waste when you have Madders and Tielemans to thread balls through

Mad isn't it, especially when we only have two, of which one is horribly out of form and the other appears to be shit 

Between now and Fulham, just get him practicing how to run with the ball. 

So tiresome see us get into attacking opportunities only for Daka to collect the ball and fall or trip over it. 

Also annoying when players do the hard yards to win the ball back, then be totally brain dead and not get back on the attack. 

I stand by my opinion that I’ve had of him for the past year, he is terrible. So easy to knock off the ball. Laughable when he had so much space to run into but played the ball to an offside Vardy instead.

36 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Confidence is clearly shot which can happen to anyone but is it me or is he not actually that fast? I seem to remember him being rapid and now he looks slow. 

Agree with this completely. His confidence is rock bottom which isn't helping matters and I'm sure an in form Daka is a totally different beast, however I too can't believe how slow he has become.

That moment towards the end where the ball got played into the right channel and effectively became a foot race between him and Mykolenko and you're thinking to yourself if Daka turns on the pace he can get in behind the back line, but instead he got nowhere near the ball. The only explanation for me is that he isn't fit enough although to be fair to him that is something which is evident across the whole squad. 

He’s a penalty box player, playing him anywhere other than as a 9 is a waste of time. Not his fault.

Tete has been awful but Smith’s persistence with Daka out wide hasn’t helped

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 4

Did I watch a completely different player?! He looked up for it as soon as he came on, he tracked back brilliantly unlike Barnes and Tielemans who were giving balls away for fun, and he got into good positions.

Much more vitriol should be going Maddison’s way, he wasted countless opportunities tonight to have played someone else in.

• Like 4

I believe their is a good player in  there, but he looked lost tonight.

Apart from charging back to make a defensive challenge , I got really frustrating with him.  He can sprint he's rapid but his decision making is slow, Is brain looks like it's running in treacle sometimes. 

He needs  confidence and  play in the correct position and he needs to not think about what he's doing , Dean Smith needs to send him of for hypnosis or something drastic.