Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

10 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Half an hour out of position (and he worked hard, tracked back, didn't do anything hugely wrong), and people are comparing him to Musa and Akinbyi off the back of it? Bit harsh.

It’s not just about position though. His basics are just terrible. He’s easily knocked off the ball and has terrible decision making.

He hasn’t been played out of position all the time he’s been here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Don't think he was as bad tonight as some are making out, especially in an unnatural position. Think he needs to put some timber on though, he's too lightweight for the Prem.

I think he is absolute shite and not suited for the PL, hes had more than enough time to adapt and im not convinced, if he was bought by Liverpool hed of been letgo by now. Time for LCFC to pull the ;plug early on players and get rid instead of giving them a free payment ride. k thanks

The list of players giving up the ball to the opposition is nearly as long as the team list. Not sure why that is unique to Daka.

Missed place passes, under hit passes, aimless panicky headers our of defence, wasted throw ins, goal kicks / clearances it's like we spent most of the game giving the ball to Everton and that's been the tale of our season.

11 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I think he is absolute shite and not suited for the PL, hes had more than enough time to adapt and im not convinced, if he was bought by Liverpool hed of been letgo by now. Time for LCFC to pull the ;plug early on players and get rid instead of giving them a free payment ride. k thanks

There was a time when many of us thought the same about Iheanacho to be fair. 

17 minutes ago, Simoken said:

He's played about 2300 minutes of league football for us and got 9 Premier League goals, in Jamie Vardy's first 2300 minutes of league football for us he had 6 Championship goals. Hopefully we have a better system than 'how patient is Simoken willing to be?' before we decide to start kicking players out.

Edited by Mark_w

12 hours ago, chuck'em said:

Mad isn't it, especially when we only have two, of which one is horribly out of form and the other appears to be shit 

...it does seem strange when you have constantly persisted with Tete, that you then choose not to bring him on to stretch the pitch!!!

He always gets dragged off and never seems to get the end of games, where defenders are tyring and he can run at them?

It is looking like desperation tactics are now being used as opposed to common sense by Smith. Like it our not, there is now pressure on Smith due to our situation,  he needs to take the heat out of this dilemma.

The possibility of Pizzas all round for the next clean sheet, might do the trick?

3 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

He's played about 2300 minutes of league football for us and got 9 Premier League goals, in Jamie Vardy's first 2300 minutes of league football for us he had 6 Championship goals. Hopefully we have a better system than 'how patient is Simoken willing to be?' before we decide to start kicking players out.

Haha the classic "Vardy turned it around so that means everyone else will" line. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Haha the classic "Vardy turned it around so that means everyone else will" line. 

I mean that’s obviously not what I’m saying is it? Just highlighting that the ‘pull the plug early’ strategy without looking at the context of the situation (in this case, a player who’s moved to a new country, is playing at a higher level than he ever has before, hasn’t had a consistent run of games at any point in his time here) is a bit silly. We have not given him the chance to succeed or fail here yet, now maybe he’s not shown enough in training to get that chance - and if so fine, but randoms on Foxes Talk don’t know whether that’s the case or not.

Edited by Mark_w

11 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Half an hour out of position (and he worked hard, tracked back, didn't do anything hugely wrong), and people are comparing him to Musa and Akinbyi off the back of it? Bit harsh.

This lad like others has had his confidence shot by Rodgers negative football & blame culture, a player we saw score 4 goals in Europe for us his form looked amazing then he wasn’t used but for cameo appearances so how can he develop under those conditions?

I still think Daka could be an amazing replacement for Vards if he gets the right confidence instilled in him & given the training to hit the heights in the EPL !

11 hours ago, Mark_w said:

..he is unable to stay on his feet, he is falling down too often and that is sometimes without contact!!!

Is that down to his studs that he us using or just his gait that affects his balance.

It is getting more and more difficult to sanction his inclusion in the team, take him away from what he is familiar with and he has no idea what to do. I would suggest he speaks with Vardy, a few sessions, even if it is not a technical lesson could open his mind up to other ways of supporting the attack and threatening defences.

Always thought a day a week, where the players are in a classroom setting and the principles and strategies of the game are taught would benfit so many players. Every single position would be discussed and how it impacts your game. This is the old Ajax system, but it is done as young students where they play the role and find out what is required in that position. So long as you can understand the limitations of what a fullback can do in a given situation you can move into a position to help to mitigate the problem he has encountered.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

A club that gives unperforming players no real consequences wont ever achieve their fullest potential. LCFC has become a haven now with a 5* holiday home.. i mean 'training facility' thus why we have dropped in standards and facing relegation, I have no patience at this Level, its either fly or die in the PL. With the quality of lesser teams improving each season, you cant afford to risk, You get paid 80k a week i  expect improvements. its a joke. Sounds harsh but 2 season without any progress but clumsy and aimless like lastnight... not good enough

Edited by Simoken

8 hours ago, Mark_w said:

I mean that’s obviously not what I’m saying is it? Just highlighting that the ‘pull the plug early’ strategy without looking at the context of the situation (in this case, a player who’s moved to a new country, is playing at a higher level than he ever has before, hasn’t had a consistent run of games at any point in his time here) is a bit silly. We have not given him the chance to succeed or fail here yet, now maybe he’s not shown enough in training to get that chance - and if so fine, but randoms on Foxes Talk don’t know whether that’s the case or not.

You're talking to the guy who KNEW Iversen was much, much better than Ward. Save your breath the guy knows everything 

34 minutes ago, Stinky said:

You're talking to the guy who KNEW Iversen was much, much better than Ward. Save your breath the guy knows everything 

Are you suggesting there’s someone out there who watched Danny Ward and didn’t know that?

• Haha 2