Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

Would have conceded a silly free kick or two on the edge of our box for sure, then enter Keiran Trippier…

...true, he should be nowhere near our box, leave him up top, give the opposition something to think about and keep two of their players back to cover him!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...true, he should be nowhere near our box, leave him up top, give the opposition something to think about and keep two of their players back to cover him!!!

Pushing it thinking they need two back.

• 3 months later...

Daka?

“He was one of the players who could leave but it doesn’t happen. Now he’s here and he’s one of the players. If we need him, we will use him. He’s a quick player, he can attack in behind. He can link in the way we want to play. He’s a complete player.”

Reintegrating Daka?

“First of all he’s a good guy. He’s always laughing and positive even if he didn’t play this year. Now the transfer window is closed, there’s no problems.”

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Daka?

“He was one of the players who could leave but it doesn’t happen. Now he’s here and he’s one of the players. If we need him, we will use him. He’s a quick player, he can attack in behind. He can link in the way we want to play. He’s a complete player.”

Reintegrating Daka?

“First of all he’s a good guy. He’s always laughing and positive even if he didn’t play this year. Now the transfer window is closed, there’s no problems.”

Aslong as Enzo's actions match his words then no problem there. Can't be doing with another manager that says one thing and does another

• Like 1

Sounds to me as though it's all just a case of being civil until January. I don't think Maresca or Daka are the "bad guy" and I think they both know that. Maresca doesn't want Daka and Daka doesn't want to be 2nd/3rd choice in the Championship.

Ridiculous that we couldn't find somewhere for him in the summer window but that's Rudkin for you.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sounds to me as though it's all just a case of being civil until January. I don't think Maresca or Daka are the "bad guy" and I think they both know that. Maresca doesn't want Daka and Daka doesn't want to be 2nd/3rd choice in the Championship.

Ridiculous that we couldn't find somewhere for him in the summer window but that's Rudkin for you.

It’s ridiculous that he’s so useless and unwanted.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Do we know that? 

Maybe no one bid? 

Maybe the only bids we got were derisory?

Maybe we got the right bids from the wrong clubs? 

Maybe we got the right bid from the right club and Patson didn't like the personal terms? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Do we know that? 

Maybe no one bid? 

Maybe we got the right bid from the right club and Patson didn't like the personal terms? 

Polish_20230914_121327431.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Do we know that? 

Maybe no one bid? 

I’d say the first possible scenario is the most likely. Comes across as a lovely young guy but I’d grinning like a Cheshire Cat publicly myself if I was a conference standard player earning 60k a week for only having to train with the squad. Still racks my brains how such a terrible player has so many supporters running to his defence in regards to criticism.

Edited by jonathan_ross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Do we know that? 

Maybe no one bid? 

It's his job to move players on and bring players in.

Back in the summer I said i'd be happy for Daka to be given a chance, I think he could thrive in the Championship and give him a platform to build off, equally if we had to shift a striker to bring another in (Piroe*) Daka would have been the one sacrificed out of the 3.

I don't really think he's been given a chance or run with us, however I said the same about Demarai Gray which was proven to be dispelled.

I think Enzo would be happy to give him a chance, why not? If the rumour of it costing us extra in add ons to Salzburg are true that is more than likely the reason he's been frozen out and not getting a chance.

The powers that be, Ownership, Rudkin, the club, have made their bed, they've failed on many different levels, they've failed on deals involving Daka (whether that be signing him in the first place, agreeing add ons or failing to offload him); they cannot fail to offload, fail to bring Piroe(?) in, and/or instruct Enzo not play him because it'll cost the club in add ons, they cannot have it every which way, Daka has to be played now.

(*)Yes, I know we ended up with a striker, Cannon, and given his numbers they're pretty good (I can't go of anything else, i've not even seen any highlights) but I don't believe Cannon was a first choice or even really considered until late on where he became on option we decided to plump on.

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Back in the summer I said i'd be happy for Daka to be given a chance, I think he could thrive in the Championship and give him a platform to build off, equally if we had to shift a striker to bring another in (Piroe*) Daka would have been the one sacrificed out of the 3.

I don't really think he's been given a chance or run with us, however I said the same about Demarai Gray which was proven to be dispelled.

I think Enzo would be happy to give him a chance, why not? If the rumour of it costing us extra in add ons to Salzburg are true that is more than likely the reason he's been frozen out and not getting a chance.

The powers that be, Ownership, Rudkin, the club, have made their bed, they've failed on many different levels, they've failed on deals involving Daka (whether that be signing him in the first place, agreeing add ons or failing to offload him); they cannot fail to offload, fail to bring Piroe(?) in, and/or instruct Enzo not play him because it'll cost the club in add ons, they cannot have it every which way, Daka has to be played now.

(*)Yes, I know we ended up with a striker, Cannon, and given his numbers they're pretty good (I can't go of anything else, i've not even seen any highlights) but I don't believe Cannon was a first choice or even really considered until late on where he became on option we decided to plump on.

I read somewhere that it was the Georgian chap we really wanted (I’m not going to try spell it, look him up), who ended up at Ajax, and he does look the real deal, so pretty disappointed that didn’t come off… but Ajax is a great club, can’t blame him. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Daka?

Reintegrating Daka?

Not sure what to make of this, If he's the complete player then play him. It's obvious Vardy does not fit the style we want to play, Iheanacho has been okay and he's trying, if Daka is the complete player then why has he not played a single minute?
I really don't believe a word Enzo says here. Hopefully the first of very few occasions.

16 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Not sure what to make of this, If he's the complete player then play him. It's obvious Vardy does not fit the style we want to play, Iheanacho has been okay and he's trying, if Daka is the complete player then why has he not played a single minute?
I really don't believe a word Enzo says here. Hopefully the first of very few occasions.

Seems pretty obvious he didn't want to play in the Championship, so wasn't selected. No move has materialised so has been welcomed back in. So it's not a case of not being good enough, it's that Maresca didn't want to work with anyone that didn't want to be there. I think it's the similar with Soutar too, even if it sounds weird that a player who has a ton of Championship experience and little Premier League experience should say that. Though in his case, I think he also rates Vestergaard, Faes and Coady ahead of him so even if he stays, he won't be first team.

Players like Faes, Praet, Castagne, Ndidi, Nacho probably were / are on the market, but likely told Maresca they would still play for the club even if no move materialised. The other two I think wanted to move regardless.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

...I really think he could play in front of a defence, as opposed to playing on the shoulders of the last man!!!

Either the £5m scenario came into play or Maresca, saw a player that he wanted and Daka would have been the one who was more likely to be offloaded. Daka I would think needs to be convinced to change his game, Maresca has probably identified where he would be better used but Daka is yet to be convinced it will play to his strengths. I think he limits himself in his game, he can shoot with either foot and be effective, but he needs to change his game.

Whatever he has been doing all this time is not working, it is time for him to add more strings to his bow.

3 hours ago, jonathan_ross said:

Still racks my brains how such a terrible player has so many supporters running to his defence in regards to criticism.

Off the top of my head, I’d say…

Because he’s not “such a terrible player”

Edited by marbles
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Or the fact no other team wants to buy a player that has underperformed.

Just because we want to get rid doesn't mean other teams want to buy (or loan).

34 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

... im this close to suggesting people are required to take a statistical literacy course before being allowed to post on here, because there's literally nothing about Daka that suggests he's "Dogbob" rather than just a pretty effective defensive forward who's seen limited service in a dysfunctional team

I would like to see the statistical evidence that leads us to the conclusion that he’s “pretty effective”. 

I’m inclined to think it may lean more towards: “Dogbob”