Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Surely he can be a big asset for us at this level!?

I got annoyed by statements like that before the season started but I've come full circle  lol

The standard is a lot lower than I was expecting. Daka is not a bad player and should absolutely be able to contribute this season if Enzo fancies him...

2 hours ago, Drink Water said:

Daka needs to start from now on IMO, as soon as he came on he felt a lot more dangerous than Nacho.

Now just imagine how he would rip Championship defenses apart with Fatawu on his right and Mavididi on his left.

Yea give him a go. He can't be worse than Nacho this season. Is he struggling with the system or what?

2 hours ago, Drink Water said:

Daka needs to start from now on IMO, as soon as he came on he felt a lot more dangerous than Nacho.

Now just imagine how he would rip Championship defenses apart with Fatawu on his right and Mavididi on his left.

Vardy is Maresca's preferred starting striker. Daka might conceivably replace Iheanacho as second choice striker, but I can't see Maresca starting him regularly. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

14 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Yea give him a go. He can't be worse than Nacho this season. Is he struggling with the system or what?

He can't play effectively as a loan striker and never has been able to. One of my biggest gripes with him, you basically have to play a front 2 and build the system around him.

2 hours ago, Osavo said:

He can't play effectively as a loan striker and never has been able to. One of my biggest gripes with him, you basically have to play a front 2 and build the system around him.

...he doesn't have to play in a 2, as a false 9 he should be excelling in this role!!!

We have seen this form from him before, his touch is off everything is bouncing off him and he makes poor decisions and is on the ball too long. He was out in the wilderness before, and you thought there was no way back, but he clawed his way back into the team.

I believe he is under a lot of pressure and he cannot see any sign of redemption, all he sees is an axe hanging over his head, and in these situations, you do not perform anywhere near your best level.

• Like 2

Well I’ve long thought that Daka was a write off. He was very poor at Premier League level. Maybe he’s one of those whose stock rises when he’s not playing due to the form of one who is playing (Nacho?). It’s a tried and trusted recipe for forgetting how dreadful a player is. 

I was kind of happy to see the likes him, Soumare and Vestergaard never play for us again. The redemption of Vestergaard, however, makes me question everything from my own sanity to the meaning of life. 

Maybe EM can get a tune out of him? I’d be delighted to be proven wrong. With Ian’s relatively poor form it’s exactly the right time to give him a try. Even if it’s from the bench. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1