Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

5 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Yea give him a go. He can't be worse than Nacho this season. Is he struggling with the system or what?

I agree. I do like Kel but it’s not working at the moment and Daka probably needs a run of games to improve and gain confidence. Could be the making of him fingers crossed.

I imagine Vardy will get starts as well though as he can still do a job especially at this level and brings a level of tenacity leadership and experience that benefits the group. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

Football transfers on bbc gossip saying Brentford may come in for him if Toney leaves.

The source is football transfers which says:

“Daka is looking certain to leave the Foxes in the upcoming January window due to his lack of game-time at Leicester, having just played 26 minutes of action this campaign for the Midlands club. Daka has a €7 million (£6m) release clause written into his contract for former club RB Salzburg, and it will come into effect the next time he plays”

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/09/2023 at 07:20, Ed 1 said:

The source is football transfers which says:

“Daka is looking certain to leave the Foxes in the upcoming January window due to his lack of game-time at Leicester, having just played 26 minutes of action this campaign for the Midlands club. Daka has a €7 million (£6m) release clause written into his contract for former club RB Salzburg, and it will come into effect the next time he plays”

£6m sounds a bit low for a release clause unless we've kept most of the initial payment back?

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

AFCON will make it harder but I really hope he gets himself a good move in January

Unfortunately I don't think it will be too much longer until he isn't even seen on the bench with Cannon nearly back

Wouldn't mind him going out on loan for the rest of the season to get some game time and form. But with him and Cannon being the only strikers contracted beyond the end of the season selling would mean we will probably need to bring in another 2 (maybe 3) strikers for next season.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Wouldn't mind him going out on loan for the rest of the season to get some game time and form. But with him and Cannon being the only strikers contracted beyond the end of the season selling would mean we will probably need to bring in another 2 (maybe 3) strikers for next season.

If Bournemouth's bad form continues they'll resurrect the deal that fell through on deadline day, you'd have thought.

25 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

On loan I'd be ok with this, but I think selling him would be a strange decision given the current contract situation of our strikers.

I'd agree with this if he was featuring but it'd be quite the turn around to go from 3rd choice Championship striker to playing in the Premier League under Enzo.

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I'd agree with this if he was featuring but it'd be quite the turn around to go from 3rd choice Championship striker to playing in the Premier League under Enzo.

It's an unusual situation though. He's 3rd choice to 2 players who have scored over 230 goals combined for the club. He just needs some game time, either here or somewhere else.

40 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's an unusual situation though. He's 3rd choice to 2 players who have scored over 230 goals combined for the club. He just needs some game time, either here or somewhere else.

I agree, I rate him highly. Just can't see him turning the situation around. Clearly wanted out and I don't think Enzo will forget that. If it was just about his footballing ability he'd have featured for us a hell of a lot more this season, even with Vardy and Nacho. 

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

On loan I'd be ok with this, but I think selling him would be a strange decision given the current contract situation of our strikers.

If enzo doesn’t rate him enough to be a bit part player in the championship he’s obviously going to sign someone else for the prem. 

In truth, almost anyone on the fringes will likely be replaced if we go up. You can’t be overly sentimental with the step up. 

9 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I've got a feeling he might start as part of a front 3 v QPR. 

Maresca isn't going to change the shape and isn't going to play Daka out wide. He did it pre season for fitness. 

Most important thing our wingers have to do is dribble and beat their man. I like Daka but he couldn't dribble it round The Birch 1 v 1.

Do think just even the rare glimpse he had the other night highlighted how much quicker he is than Nacho and even Vards now though. I've made peace with the fact it isn't really gonna happen but I would like to see him cut loose with Fatawu and Mavididi. 

• Like 1

I'm completely baffled by the Daka situation.  He was signed with high hopes but so far he's shown very few glimpses of the ability that we bought him for.  I haven't a clue to what extent he either does or doesn't want out - it's so hard to get concrete information on the minds of players these days so I can't  see what makes some fans so convinced he wants out.

The question for me is does he have what it takes to improve sufficiently to the level where he can't be ignored by Maresca.  He's had 2 years in the company of Vardy; if he can't learn from him, and also improve under the added tutelage of Maresca, then that indicates a very low level of football intelligence in Daka and you would question his ability to ever step up to the level.

Or it could be that he wants out, is uncommitted, and is lazy in training.  But that would be a stupid attitude to adopt as he would just atrophy, preventing himself from putting himself in the position to be selected in the team or to in the shop window for a transfer.  As time goes on, what other team would want to come in for someone who has barely played for a year or more, who can't possibly be close to match fit, and who hasn't demonstrated any ability in recent times?

Can anyone come up with a believable explanation?

42 minutes ago, deep blue said:

anyone come up with a believable explanation

I dont think it's rocket science. Any of it really. 

He signed with a lot of promise for a manager who didn't appear to really want either him or a number of his other new signings. Proceeded to drop him in and out of the team, disrupt his form and eventually tank his confidence entirely. 

He's probably already sick of being here when we get relegated. His agent tells him he can get a move so he asks the club to sell him and says he'd rather not play in the Championship. So we try but his stock has dropped and nobody wants to buy him for an amount we're happy with because we spent quite a lot of money and we still have him contracted. 

The new manager has spoken well of him, Enzo has said he works hard in training and is a good footballer but he's also made it abundantly clear that he's prioritising the players that want to be here. 

At the same time, Vardy and Iheanacho have cracked on, got their heads down, grafted for the team and between them have 9 goals already despite heavy rotation and a style of football designed to spread the chances out around the team. 

Over rotation of strikers is not a smart idea. Rodgers used to do it all the time, strikers need consistent runs of games to build up form and momentum, Daka is in the situation he is because Rodgers kept dropping him in and out in a blink. But ironically, that now means the best thing for Vards and Iheanacho (who are committed) is that they monopolise the game time between them. There just isn't room for Daka. 

No doubt we'll change things up a bit when Cannon is fit, especially given Kel has the cup of nations coming up and I imagine there'll be questions asked about his contract situation come January when he'll be free to talk to other clubs. If he isn't interested in extending I imagine he might start seeing less game time too unless Cannon turns out to be a dud. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I dont think it's rocket science. Any of it really. 

He signed with a lot of promise for a manager who didn't appear to really want either him or a number of his other new signings. Proceeded to drop him in and out of the team, disrupt his form and eventually tank his confidence entirely. 

He's probably already sick of being here when we get relegated. His agent tells him he can get a move so he asks the club to sell him and says he'd rather not play in the Championship. So we try but his stock has dropped and nobody wants to buy him for an amount we're happy with because we spent quite a lot of money and we still have him contracted. 

The new manager has spoken well of him, Enzo has said he works hard in training and is a good footballer but he's also made it abundantly clear that he's prioritising the players that want to be here. 

At the same time, Vardy and Iheanacho have cracked on, got their heads down, grafted for the team and between them have 9 goals already despite heavy rotation and a style of football designed to spread the chances out around the team. 

Over rotation of strikers is not a smart idea. Rodgers used to do it all the time, strikers need consistent runs of games to build up form and momentum, Daka is in the situation he is because Rodgers kept dropping him in and out in a blink. But ironically, that now means the best thing for Vards and Iheanacho (who are committed) is that they monopolise the game time between them. There just isn't room for Daka. 

No doubt we'll change things up a bit when Cannon is fit, especially given Kel has the cup of nations coming up and I imagine there'll be questions asked about his contract situation come January when he'll be free to talk to other clubs. If he isn't interested in extending I imagine he might start seeing less game time too unless Cannon turns out to be a dud. 

To see him come on, could that mean that he's turned a corner mentally and is a bit more accepting of the situation now? Or could that be reading too much into it?

I think he suffers from being too much like a 2014 version of Vardy. He's clearly rapid and a good finisher, but Vardy has developed his game a lot since then. I'm convinced that Daka will be a roaring success for a good club that wants to use him correctly. We're just not in a position to be that club while Vardy and Iheanacho are still performing, and now we have some succession planning with Cannon.

If we choose to cash in on Kel in Jan (if it becomes clear he isn't going to sign a new contract) then maybe Daka gets another chance. But it absolutely baffles me that Soumare can get a move to Europa League winners and current Champions League side Sevilla but Daka's move to Bournemouth fell through.

7 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

could that mean that he's turned a corner mentally and is a bit more accepting of the situation now? Or could that be reading too much into it?

We've got two injured wingers and we just wanted fresh legs to press the flanks and close the game out tbh. 

Wouldn't read much in to it until he starts getting regular >=30 minute appearances as a central striker in the league tbh. Which I doubt happens unless there's an injury to Vards or Kel.

• Like 2