Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

He's at an age where he needs to be playing regularly.

It seems like, ever since him joining, that there hasn't been a playing style the team has used that haven't suited him.

...just reading this it seems that you are saying that there has always been a playing style that has suited him!!!

I am sure you meant the reverse, We just do not play in a way that suits his game, as a clone of Vardy it was a strange move to bring him in, seeing that Vardy was struggling in games where he was not getting on the ball and the service was non -existent.

Maresca's style of play is a one-size-fits-all, it does limit us and for certain teams with a certain style of play, you have to change to combat what they will bring and give yourselves every opportunity.

For teams such as a high-pressing Sunderland or Leeds, you might be best to start with a back five where Ricardo and Justin come into their own, a midfield of Winks, KDH and Yunus and two players forward, such as Nacho and Vardy with Daka coming on later.

We do need to show something different, but I would suspect Maresca would see this as his system failing.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just reading this it seems that you are saying that there has always been a playing style that has suited him!!!

I am sure you meant the reverse, We just do not play in a way that suits his game, as a clone of Vardy it was a strange move to bring him in, seeing that Vardy was struggling in games where he was not getting on the ball and the service was non -existent.

Maresca's style of play is a one-size-fits-all, it does limit us and for certain teams with a certain style of play, you have to change to combat what they will bring and give yourselves every opportunity.

For teams such as a high-pressing Sunderland or Leeds, you might be best to start with a back five where Ricardo and Justin come into their own, a midfield of Winks, KDH and Yunus and two players forward, such as Nacho and Vardy with Daka coming on later.

We do need to show something different, but I would suspect Maresca would see this as his system failing.

Have edited the original post, now, thanks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Why didn't we still daka instead of George Hirst, who the tractor boys are loving!

Think I'd rather have Hirst on my bench

...a conventional Forward in a team that keeps possession is a ploy that seems to work!!!

I always believed Hirst was a good player and pleased that he is at a place where he can show it.

We will, I believe, get that same added part to our game with Cannon in place. I have only watched him on YouTube, but his movements and ability in the air will give us a new dimension,  and teams will no longer be able to sit and ask us to break them down. 

Just now, Clever Fox said:

I can only assume it's because of some clause in Daka's Contract. Yesterday he coudn't have done any worse than those who played.

At least he would have offered pace especially when the game got stretched.

There’s nothing in his contract - it’s because he’s a saleable asset who is off in Jan. He’s worth potentially 15-2mil to the club, maybe more if you believed the rumours of 23m in the summer. Enzo won’t play a player who isn’t going to be here and the club won’t risk 20 odd mil getting injured. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I can only assume it's because of some clause in Daka's Contract. Yesterday he coudn't have done any worse than those who played.

...he plays off the shoulder and you watch Vardy struggling in this system, you cannot expect him to excel in this system!!!

We need a unorthodox Forward who will give us the presence up front aerially.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he plays off the shoulder and you watch Vardy struggling in this system, you cannot expect him to excel in this system!!!

I totally agree, But we can only play the players availble to us. He couldn't have done any worse than Vardy or Kelechi yesterday.

You always need a proper Centre Forward in the squad.

It's one of the things I derided Rogers for which cost us Champions league not once but twice.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I totally agree, But we can only play the players availble to us. He couldn't have done any worse than Vardy or Kelechi yesterday.

You always need a proper Centre Forward in the squad.

It's one of the things I derided Rogers for which cost us Champions league not once but twice.

Vardy got the golden boot the season we missed out. Kel was banging them in the season after. We missed out on cl because we had Rodgers who is king bottlejob

Edited by don_danbury
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

absolutely. We need a hold up striker / target man if you will, someone who can receive the ball back to goal under pressure with defenders all around, Patson Daka is NOT that man, Vardy isn't either, Kel should be more suited but he blows hot and cold.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 14:42, don_danbury said:

Vardy got the golden boot the season we missed out. Kel was banging them in the season after. We missed out on cl because we had Rodgers who is king bottlejob

Agreed, But you always need a big CF who offers something different, even simple at times, just winning Headers in the Box.

The last one we had was Ulloa and he did'nt do too bad for us. Ulloa or Mitrovitch or someone silimar who would most certainly have added the few Goals which would have got us the point or two we needed to qualify.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 13:19, Clever Fox said:

If that were the case he wouldn't have come on for 5 minutes vs Sunderland 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 21:20, TJB-fox said:

There’s nothing in his contract - it’s because he’s a saleable asset who is off in Jan. He’s worth potentially 15-2mil to the club, maybe more if you believed the rumours of 23m in the summer. Enzo won’t play a player who isn’t going to be here and the club won’t risk 20 odd mil getting injured. 

Ironically the less he plays the less we will get for him.

On 12/11/2023 at 13:20, TJB-fox said:

No one is paying £20m for him.

10 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

A lot of daft comments here. There will be egg on face I think. Daka is a very good player and will score loads. Hope he goes somewhere he’s appreciated. 

...he will not be doing it for us!!!

He needs a team more into the Liverpool, Leeds mode, where they are on the front foot and playing with overloads. He will have to change and adapt his style of play whilst he is here, it will be easier for him to go elsewhere. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

A lot of daft comments here. There will be egg on face I think. Daka is a very good player and will score loads. Hope he goes somewhere he’s appreciated. 

I'm willing to take this chance.

That said, I would try him over Inheacho now.