Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What a performance today. Absolutely fantastic, he NEEDS minutes now, he needs to start for the next few weeks to give him some confidence. Plymouth went for it today and that gave him some freedom, but he used that freedom far better than Vardy or Kel have this season and Fatawu/Mavididi played much better as a result of him being on the pitch. We've seen these glimpses before but I really hope this could be the resurgence of the Salzburg Daka that we know is in there. 

Depends if he’s off in Jan window - would imagine him and Souttar are both leaving. hopefully we keep and use him! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Depends if he’s off in Jan window - would imagine him and Souttar are both leaving. hopefully we keep and use him! 

I think he will need some guarantees by the end of the month, hopefully we have enough time as you could forgive him for wanting a fresh start, but today he was electric. Needs a nice christmas run and a couple of games in January and I think if he does well and gets minutes he will stay

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think he will need some guarantees by the end of the month, hopefully we have enough time as you could forgive him for wanting a fresh start, but today he was electric. Needs a nice christmas run and a couple of games in January and I think if he does well and gets minutes he will stay

It doesn't matter too much what he thinks, he's under contract and Leicester would only currently sell if it's financially viable and doesn't leave us in a mess or short until the end of the season depending on injuries and the form of others. 

Fact is the lad has not been given a lot of chances to prove himself. This type of strikers need game time to gain confidence. I understand PL is very demanding and you need to be on your top game as a striker in every game, but Championship is different and Daka should do alright. Unless he's League One quality which I find difficult to believe. 

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It doesn't matter too much what he thinks, he's under contract and Leicester would only currently sell if it's financially viable and doesn't leave us in a mess or short until the end of the season depending on injuries and the form of others. 

Contractually you're correct, but it's pointless having a player who does not want to be here if he's never playing and only used when we are desperate, especially given today's performance. I think he could quite easily force his way out, or just pick up a paycheck. Neither scenario are ideal for us really so I think his feelings do need to be taken into account. 

• Like 1

Just now, inckley fox said:

Did Foxeshub just broadcast him saying something that we weren't meant to hear?

Who was he referring to who 'thinks that they're better than everyone else'?

Didn't catch this. Doesn't SEEM like the type of player who would be like that.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

The biggest comeback since Paul Konchesky's hairline

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I was gonna raise you Kev Phillips but nowt beats Konch

Danny Drinkwater had to move to Chelsea, and spend all his big 6 bunce down Harley Street to achieve a minor hairline improvement, whereas Paul Konchesky just went away on holiday in the summer in the Championship looking like a boiled egg and rocked in pre-season looking like a Hairy Lazarus. Probably got stopped at the passport gates for looking feck all like his photo, then spent 2 hours trying to convince sceptical HMRC bods that he was indeed a former England International, but suddenly had all his hair back again. Shows what can be achieved with a bit of willpower lol

• Haha 1

Nice little cameo really. Clearly better centrally than a left winger and took his goal well. Interesting how popular he seemed to be when he went off.

I suspect his future lies away from us, but he’s come in from the cold and delivered. What more can you ask for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Nice little cameo really. Clearly better centrally than a left winger and took his goal well. Interesting how popular he seemed to be when he went off.

I suspect his future lies away from us, but he’s come in from the cold and delivered. What more can you ask for.

Perhaps being put in the shop window for January?

I’m very critical of him, but he was more fun to watch today than Nacho has been all season.

Edited by phoneticerror