Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Gonna get pelters for this but oh well. He only played well because Plymouth came at us and he had space to operate in In a typical LCFC game this season I've trying to break down a massed parked bus he will once again be useless. Ps I didn't even think he was that impressive anyhow, his basic ball control when under any sort of pressure is still sadly lacking, he lacks the balance to make use of any physical strength he does have and probably always will do so.

However will say that if and it's a big if, this is what the system requires, a striker who isn't that involved but runs around a lot to create space for others then gerrimin (but I'm not convinced just think this game suited him a la the 4 goals Vs a high backline Cska game)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think any of our 3 main strikers are particularly suited to the system, but Daka did a decent job today. However, like others have said, Plymouth came with a game plan that suited Daka's style. It will be interesting to see how plays when teams sit deep. On today's showing, just as good as the other 2. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I don't think any of our 3 main strikers are particularly suited to the system, but Daka did a decent job today. However, like others have said, Plymouth came with a game plan that suited Daka's style. It will be interesting to see how plays when teams sit deep. On today's showing, just as good as the other 2. 

Suited Daka’s style? Watch Daka before LCFC, this didn’t suit his style at all. His style is playing on the shoulder of the last defender and running in behind, very much in the JV mould when he was at the peak of his powers. Daka didn’t do that at all today, he was followed everywhere by their center half for the entire game, dropping deep and dragging Plymouth out of their defensive shape, creating space for Ndidi and Mavididi to run beyond. 

Being completely honest, I do rate Daka and think he goes somewhere else and scores goals, however I did have my reservations about how capable he would be doing what Enzo and this system requires of a striker. Today he proved he can do it and he was actually highly effective. The goal he scores was pretty much the ONLY time in the game it was himself that was able to exploit the space behind Plymouth and he did so with aplomb. 

I hope he plays Wednesday and does well again, and I also hope that he gets the same amount of patience that we have shown with Kelechi this season who has, quite frankly, been abysmal. At least with Patson we get someone who you know will do the hard yards and work his nuts off for the team. The interview he gave after the game shows the sort of professional he is and I for one hope he goes and seizes his chance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Suited Daka’s style? Watch Daka before LCFC, this didn’t suit his style at all. His style is playing on the shoulder of the last defender and running in behind, very much in the JV mould when he was at the peak of his powers. Daka didn’t do that at all today, he was followed everywhere by their center half for the entire game, dropping deep and dragging Plymouth out of their defensive shape, creating space for Ndidi and Mavididi to run beyond. 

Being completely honest, I do rate Daka and think he goes somewhere else and scores goals, however I did have my reservations about how capable he would be doing what Enzo and this system requires of a striker. Today he proved he can do it and he was actually highly effective. The goal he scores was pretty much the ONLY time in the game it was himself that was able to exploit the space behind Plymouth and he did so with aplomb. 

I hope he plays Wednesday and does well again, and I also hope that he gets the same amount of patience that we have shown with Kelechi this season who has, quite frankly, been abysmal. At least with Patson we get someone who you know will do the hard yards and work his nuts off for the team. The interview he gave after the game shows the sort of professional he is and I for one hope he goes and seizes his chance. 

I thought that's what I was saying?

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

I thought that's what I was saying?

Maybe I didn’t word it the best or it was misunderstood. You mentioned that Plymouth came with a game plan that suited his style? Watching Daka before LCFC that would be a high line from a back 4 leaving loads of room for Daka to run into. Instead, as I said, he was man marked and followed constantly by their centre half, which in turn created space for others to utilise. Hence the chances for Ndidi first half and Mavididi.

I then agreed with you regarding his goal where Daka was the one to take advantage of the space in behind, however I thought in todays case, he did a much better job of creating those spaces for others which Enzo has already said is the job of the striker in this system. I wasn’t sure Daka had the capabilities to do that, as I saw him as very much in the Vardy mould (rapid, best running away from defenders rather than linking the play), but happily he’s clearly worked at his game and looked to be very comfortable today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Really?

1000% for me. The bare min is effort and I don’t think Kelechi has even bothered to show that on multiple occasions this year. 

Hopefully Daka has got the bit between his teeth now and gets his chance. Because with him, at least you know you’re getting his all when he pulls the shirt on 

3 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Maybe I didn’t word it the best or it was misunderstood. You mentioned that Plymouth came with a game plan that suited his style? Watching Daka before LCFC that would be a high line from a back 4 leaving loads of room for Daka to run into. Instead, as I said, he was man marked and followed constantly by their centre half, which in turn created space for others to utilise. Hence the chances for Ndidi first half and Mavididi.

I then agreed with you regarding his goal where Daka was the one to take advantage of the space in behind, however I thought in todays case, he did a much better job of creating those spaces for others which Enzo has already said is the job of the striker in this system. I wasn’t sure Daka had the capabilities to do that, as I saw him as very much in the Vardy mould (rapid, best running away from defenders rather than linking the play), but happily he’s clearly worked at his game and looked to be very comfortable today. 

I suppose I meant, that they played a much higher line than most who come to the KP and that there was more space to run into. I hope he plays against Millwall as I look forward to seeing him cope with a different challenge defensively. He certainly took his opportunity to impress well today. 

Post match Daka talked about knowing he'll get a chance even when not in the squad. Credit to Enzo as well as Daka, for keeping him in the loop and well motivated. With Enzo confirming that Vardy and Nacho wont be ready for Wednesday, hopefully he has a decent outing against Millwall.

• Like 2