Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

I always assumed poor attitude and trying to force a move in pre season as the reason Enzo hasn't played him. 

If it's just football reasons then I find it a strange one. It's quite obvious how much he can give us in this division. I still think there's a top player there.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Contractually you're correct, but it's pointless having a player who does not want to be here if he's never playing and only used when we are desperate, especially given today's performance. I think he could quite easily force his way out, or just pick up a paycheck. Neither scenario are ideal for us really so I think his feelings do need to be taken into account. 

Very true but firstly there's nothing to suggest he's like that. Secondly, we need 2 strikers and Vardy certainly can't play all the games, you can't rely on a debutant young kid and the misfiring Iheanacho is equally likely to leave. I think at this moment in time Enzo is keeping his options open. We of course have not a clue what goes on behind the scenes with any of them. 

I like his kneeling down fingers to the sky prayer method. I’m going to adopt that when Mrs O is about to come through the door after a weekend away and the empty beer bottles and pizza boxes are still lying around and I just havent had time to flush any of the toilets due to caning netflix since she left 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, jbflcfc said:

Do you know what, fair play to the lad.

The guy has been frozen out of the side, has never moaned & just cracked on!

I still think there’s a huge player in there if we give him a run of games, if he’s off in Jan, I’ll be gutted to see him go.

Definitely I’ve always liked Daka when he played for us in Europe and scored some amazing goals especially the 4 in one game, he’s got some skill and scoring prowess really hope he stays in January and Enzo has seen what he gives to the side really pleased he got his goal and assisted Wilf too yesterday!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I like his kneeling down fingers to the sky prayer method. I’m going to adopt that when Mrs O is about to come through the door after a weekend away and the empty beer bottles and pizza boxes are still lying around and I just havent had time to flush any of the toilets due to caning netflix since she left 

Netflix and chilling in the spare room for a couple of nights…

I never really rated him at Premier League level and would have been content to see him sold. This season, however, has not turned out how I expected. 

I really thought that Nacho would kick on at this level and Vardy would be sufficient support despite his declining abilities. Maybe Daka now deserves a run with Vardy/Cannon as back up and Ian is the one to get off the wage bill? 

There is nothing better than a player you’ve previously written off proving useful. Vestergaard has proven his worth in a system that works for him and it’s possible that Patson could similarly thrive. Certainly Ian’s inconsistency has justified the experiment 

• Like 1

Not taking anything away from Daka, played well and did what was was asked of him. But, the space in behind that Plymouth left, plus the fact that we played a few early balls forwards would have had Vardy drooling.

will be interesting to see if he does any better than the regular starting duo against millwall who will likely park the bus and not leave the sort of gaps to be exploited that Plymouth did.