Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

We're got to start thinking of next season , if we are in the Premier League.

Will we still have Vardy? Don't know about his desire to carry on another season with us.

Iheanacho seems hit and miss most of the time but he does make important passes for afew goals.

It's really really hard to find a constant striker and every teams looking for one......I'd rather keep Daka and with Enzo coaching him he can finally score goals regularly 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Was at the game and I put my hands up, i didn't notice how good a move this was pulling the midfield towards the keeper and then showing a huge burst of space to capitalise on the longer ball. I could watch that all day. 

He actually did this a few times without getting the ball in the first half and when you think with him dropping deep like that it should be a winger or an 8 making that run and he’s done it all himself Also it could obviously be many different reasons but the defense seemed more disrupted with him playing, seemed a lot more room for these type of 3rd man runs then we have previously seen 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

He actually did this a few times without getting the ball in the first half and when you think with him dropping deep like that it should be a winger or an 8 making that run and he’s done it all himself Also it could obviously be many different reasons but the defense seemed more disrupted with him playing, seemed a lot more room for these type of 3rd man runs then we have previously seen 

Presumably because they persisted with the high line and just couldn't cope. I expect Millwall to play much deeper.

He was a little rusty but that's expected but he offered more that anyone else have from this position this season. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cannon start Wednesday though and Pat coming on at 60 but i guess it depends how long Kel and Vardy are out for. 

42 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He was a little rusty but that's expected but he offered more that anyone else have from this position this season. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cannon start Wednesday though and Pat coming on at 60 but i guess it depends how long Kel and Vardy are out for. 

Hopefully a while if Enzo is considering just throwing them back in again. 

On 10/12/2023 at 17:28, foxes_rule1978 said:

The player I have been calling to start, obviously Enzo felt he didn’t have the right attitude, but the performance yesterday proved to me he is willing to play for the club still and should start imo 

Enzo said that Daka's goal was his favourite in the game and feels for him that he hasn't played much.  Said his attitude and effort in training has been first class but in a system that plays just one striker, being third choice behind Vardy and Iheanacho means minutes will be limited.

I hope we see more of him now.

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

Enzo said that Daka's goal was his favourite in the game and feels for him that he hasn't played much.  Said his attitude and effort in training has been first class but in a system that plays just one striker, being third choice behind Vardy and Iheanacho means minutes will be limited.

I hope we see more of him now.

Genuinely think this is Enzo's hardest managerial decision to date.

I never wish injury or unavailability on a player but it would make the decision easier for him if one of Vardy or Iheanacho were injured for several weeks.

Cannon needs minutes too, we don't want to be going in to January where he hasn't played much. I'd sit Iheanacho out for a few games now from the squad, regardless of whether he's available again soon.  

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I never wish injury or unavailability on a player but it would make the decision easier for him if one of Vardy or Iheanacho were injured for several weeks.

Cannon needs minutes too, we don't want to be going in to January where he hasn't played much. I'd sit Iheanacho out for a few games now from the squad, regardless of whether he's available again soon.  

I agree.  

20 games into the season though... That's long enough to give a fair appraisal of Vardy and Iheanacho.  Whilst both have had their moments, I'd say neither have particularly looked like dominating the league like many (including me) had hoped.  Vardy's age gets him something of a pass.  Kels, as we've seen throughout his time, is the absolute definition of a confidence player, and it's not quite working for him at the moment.

Conclusion... For me, Vardy and Iheanacho haven't done enough to be automatic first and second choice.  Daka is now well placed to challenge and push both, and with sensible game management, Cannon should start seeing more minutes too.  

Genuine competition for places should only be a positive for the team.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Nacho now needs to earn his spot. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, damolcfc said:

From where we sat in p3 there appeared to be sooo many occasions where he could have been put thru 1 on 1  on the player in the middle changed direction and went sideways. 

You could see his frustration 🫤 

This has also happened with Mavadidi,Nacho,Mcateer Vardy, Daka & Fatawu..

No wonder every week in the changing room there are those funny episodes between those best of teammate..:D

I noticed in a break of game…Stephi,first with Vesty,then Daka with both Mats & Vesty,with commentator also giving his interpretation…I wonder if Mats longer kicks ,Vesty suddenly dropping in a couple of spot on cross balls,& Justin’s drive for that 4th goal had something to do with

strikers putting or having their say occasionally :rolleyes: