Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Tbh I liked what I saw. It wasn't an easy night for him with both lack of service and limited space but I reckon he looked alive and willing, with good skills and awareness. He wanted to make things happen, and found some good positions. Time will tell but I'm positive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfan92 said:

He's going to take a few games and probably a goal or two before he starts to look the part.

Luckily no one on Foxestalk will judge him too harshly based on one or two performances. 

Post of the day for me, well played sir :appl:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Anyone judging him off the back of that needs to be banned from discussing football for life. 

Whether he goes on to be a club legend or a complete flop, it's impossible to tell at this stage. He's barely had a sniff. 

Standard FoxesTalk. 

No one is afforded any time. 

No one is given a chance to settle. 

Other factors away from football are never taken in to account - new country, new home, new life essentially. There's always a bedding in period on and off the pitch. 

If a player basically isn't hitting 10/10 performances from the first minute of a debut then they're written off. 

Even worse is when they're written off before they've even kicked a ball, or before they've even signed. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Give the lad a break. 

He's already shown enough for anyone to see that he can play and is a great prospect. 

I think Brendan has to look at how he is utilising him at the moment. 

Agreed, I think the whole Kelechi debacle with not getting into Poland really impacted Daka, as I’m sure they would have both started last night. Both were more than lively enough against Napoli and linked up pretty well I thought.

If this was a player transferred from another PL club, we still wouldn't have seen enough to judge him by. The fact that he is still adapting to English football, with extremely limited playing time to be able to do so, is evidence that we need to with hold our opinions on him.

He's in a bit of a catch 22 whereby he isn't quite good enough to break into the first 11 due to lack of quality and adaptation, But lack's the chance to gain said quality and adaptation due to lack of game time. There's definitely a player in him, but i think it's going to be a slow drawn out process. A few minutes in the cups isn't really going to get him up to speed to be a Vardy replacement IMO.

He'll come good. 

As a fanbase, in general, we need to learn to give players time to settle and find their feet. Not every player will hit the ground running. 

Even our players that went on to become gods of our squad took a bit of time - Mahrez and Vardy! They went instant impacts, neither was Kante. Or more currently, Ndidi for example. 

Let's be patient! Let's give them a chance before writing players off! 

• Like 2

Is all this hysteria bourne from the Zambian fan base losing patience? I don’t think there’s a question that Patson’s gonna be a very good player for us. Seen enough in the game against Napoli alone. 

He’ll get his chance and decent run of games at some point and I have every confidence he’ll prove to be a quality signing. No need to start getting on his back, the poor bloke’s barely had a kick!!!!