Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fair play to him, I'm quite openly critical of him but can't argue with 2 goals from 2 games!

What! You told me he was your favourite player ever, 10 times the player Vardy was at his peak. And what about the tenner you put on him to score 50 goals this season? Turncoat mate, dont believe it,think you only said this to appease those UFS ultras 😊

11 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Agree with this. Has been pointed out a few times since the Plym game. But the difference between Patson and Vardy/ Kel this season is the intensity. When Vardy/ Kel have dropped deep, and then spun to use the space they’ve created it’s not been with any urgency. Whereas Daka is always looking to move into the space, with pace. 

As was highlighted at the start of the season based on stats. Daka is best of the three at pressing from the front, and made a couple of good challenges last night working back. But he also has electric pace. Never understood the questions about whether he is that quick?! He might not be as quick with the ball at his feet. But his pace in behind, especially at this level terrifies defenders and creates more space for the 8’s and wingers. Hopefully, he continues to get a chance, and continues to impress. 

seem to remember VVD at Liverpool saying he was phenomenally quick

12 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Pretty much same as Vardy with more  PL experience, higher wages and a club that’s won 17 of 21 games.
I get the unease some have with Nacho’s languid nature, and I get the usual FT Flavour-of-the-Week nature, but perspective helps. 

I don’t see many people clamoring for 2023’s version of Vardy starting week in, week out.

However unlike Nacho, Vardy’s considered the GOAT in the majority of our eyes whilst Kelechi doesn’t have the same credit.

As for flavor of the week, read 90% of match day posts, Iheanacho is getting more pelters than love but yeah let’s deflect and bring your Vardy comment into it 🙄

10 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Wonder if Enzo will start jamie or Patson on the weekend?

Apparently Vardy is not going to be fit for Monday night's game according to Enzo - which in some respects I'm pleased about. It should be all about Leicester City v Birmingham City, not Vardy v Rooney.

• Like 4

He’s got a contract here for another 2 and a half seasons… probably with a years extension option? Dare I say it, “he’d be like a new signing” if we can get him to continue this form. We know he can score goals, his problem has always been hold up and link up play, seems to have improved massively. 

he excites me when he’s like this, has passion for the club clearly and doesn’t seem like a bad egg. We’ll come back to this in next ten games and see what he returns. He’s always looked better with another striker next to him which is sort of a problem but maybe can prove us wrong next few games.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Wonder if Enzo will start jamie or Patson on the weekend?

Daka has scored in back to back games, has been rested all season so far and has a good 4 day rest til Monday. Assume it'll be Daka again. 

Can actually see that front three starting to become settled unless there's big congestion tbh. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I think he’s genuinely a good egg and I don’t think he’s had exhaustive opportunities, though his goals per game is undeniably poor. There’s presumably a reason managers have overlooked him but I’d love to see him succeed.

Per game maybe, per actual time on the pitch he's done fairly well I'd argue. G+A/90 of about 0.6 for both league seasons, obviously a good deal higher in Europe as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bryn said:

I think he’s genuinely a good egg and I don’t think he’s had exhaustive opportunities, though his goals per game is undeniably poor. There’s presumably a reason managers have overlooked him but I’d love to see him succeed.

As has been said, do it per 90. Per game is misleading if you're not a starting striker as Patson generally hasn't been here. 10 games if he's coming on at 80 minutes is basically only 1 actual game

• Like 3

On 14/12/2023 at 20:02, VictorFox said:

What I like about him is he gets in the right place at the right time, Vardy and Iheanacho haven’t shown that desire at times this season 

This. 

Plus he has this amazing ability to score all types of goals. We have seen cultured finishes from him, and scrappy one yarders. Those 50/50 tosses into the box he’s likely to scrap a goal. 

14 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I don’t see many people clamoring for 2023’s version of Vardy starting week in, week out.

However unlike Nacho, Vardy’s considered the GOAT in the majority of our eyes whilst Kelechi doesn’t have the same credit.

As for flavor of the week, read 90% of match day posts, Iheanacho is getting more pelters than love but yeah let’s deflect and bring your Vardy comment into it 🙄

If comparing players in similar positions a “deflection” then said “deflection” started by comparing Daka with Nacho…:doh:

I stand by my Flavor-of-the-Week comment, as Daka was even getting “pelters” at half-time of the Millwall game (simply go look at the match thread half-to e comments) - same as when he missed a chance from 2 yards out in the Plymouth game. It’s just the nature fandom (perhaps moreso FT fandom).  Meanwhile, when Nacho was rattling off 4 goals in 4 straight league games earlier in the season, don’t recall much “pelters” (and the ‘deflection’ about wages was to sign him up).

PELTERS, SMELTERS…SMH. 

Edited by NaijaFox

14 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

As I’m in a generous mood tonight, I have taken the liberty to help you find some “pelters” on Daka from Wednesday’s game (yes, from just TWO DAYS AGO)! lol

See the thread below (with most half-time comments between pages 16-19 or thereabouts), and check out characterizations such as “rancid”, “playing with 10 men” “Patson Spaka is back”, etc. Frankly, Flavor-of-the Week is quite a generous ascription. It’s probably more precisely Flavor-of-the-DAY!! 

Edited by NaijaFox