Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

14 hours ago, Fox85 said:

They have litterally scored 11 goals in 36 games 

Vardy 6 in 18 games 

Ihanacho 5 in 18 games.

They are both wank in my opinion now. I wouldnt play either of them.

Daka and cannon are the future so we need to invest everything into them.

And what exactly does any of this have to do with the factual reality that we scored 7 goals in 2 games? 

Point is if it’s previously occurred then it could well be a “coincidence” that it’s re-occurred under different circumstances. 

The simultaneous occurrence of two different things is NOT necessarily a causative relationship!

Edited by NaijaFox

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've made no secret of the fact I like Patson Daka and I'm glad he's getting a chance and has made a promising start. 

But can we please absolutely F U C K O F F with this shit. Can we please, please, PLEASE stop defending or advocating for one player by straight up attacking another. You can call for Daka or Cannon without being a **** about Iheanacho and the GOAT. 

Especially when your "opinion" is completely senseless rubbish. Vardy and Iheanacho's combined G/90 is really pretty strong. Vards has scored more goals per 90 minutes (0.61) than Adam Armstrong (0.57) who is the league's second top scorer behind Szmodics (0.65.) Iheanacho is weighing in with a respectable 0.54 (for context, someone like Piroe has 0.45.) 

For a bit more context, of players to have played the same number of 90 minutes or more than Jamie Vardy, only two in the league (Rowe and Szmodics) are scoring at a better rate. 

For Iheanacho's benefit you should probably chuck in assists as his creative output is generally where he makes up ground, Iheanacho has a combined goals and assists of 0.61 per 90 minutes. Rutter is hyped as one of the best all round forwards in the league by neutrals and he's picking up 0.68.

Not for the first time I find myself pointing out both Iheanacho and Vardy are doing perfectly fine. 

Piroe has 8 goals in 1883 minutes, that is 0.38 goals per 90. That's almost half the goal output of someone like Vardy yet you still get some fans on here who are down in the dumps that we didn't sign him. Granted Piroe is playing as a 10 this year but it's not like he offers creativity and technical ability to make up for his goal scoring numbers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Piroe has 8 goals in 1883 minutes, that is 0.38 goals per 90. That's almost half the goal output of someone like Vardy yet you still get some fans on here who are down in the dumps that we didn't sign him. Granted Piroe is playing as a 10 this year but it's not like he offers creativity and technical ability to make up for his goal scoring numbers.

Even if you don't want to do anything as crazily, madly technical as looking at stats per 90 minutes, Vardy and Iheanacho have scored 11 goals combined having shared less game time BETWEEN them than Adam Armstrong has. 

It really shouldn't take a genius to work out that's pretty respectable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Even if you don't want to do anything as crazily, madly technical as looking at stats per 90 minutes, Vardy and Iheanacho have scored 11 goals combined having shared less game time BETWEEN them than Adam Armstrong has. 

It really shouldn't take a genius to work out that's pretty respectable. 

No, but it does require the capacity for simple critical thought...

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I've not seen Piroe mentioned for ages on here in that respect. The only Piroe posts I see now and people like you bringing him up in comparison to prove you're right. Arguing with yourselves over nothing.

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've not seen Piroe mentioned for ages on here in that respect. The only Piroe posts I see now and people like you bringing him up in comparison to prove you're right. Arguing with yourselves over nothing.

I mention Piroe a bit because I think he's a good example of a player people recognise as a known quality who is good at this level, who people wanted us to sign, who is at a rival club doing well in the league and who is an important part of one of the best attacks in the division. 

I think he's having an alright season and he makes a good measuring stick to compare some of our more under rated players to. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It usually happens when Piroe scores which has not happened recently. The comparison is more to show that Vardy and Iheanacho are still scoring at comparable rates to the top scorers in this league.

The only reasonable criticism towards the two is that they are not performing up to their own standards, which would be a level above the other best strikers in the league like Armstrong or Piroe. For me it is unreasonable to say that they are 'wank' or bad at this level. Despite facing lots of criticism from our fans they are still among the most productive strikers in the league, if their worst is decent championship level performances then we should not be tossing them aside for unproven strikers like Cannon.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I've made no secret of the fact I like Patson Daka and I'm glad he's getting a chance and has made a promising start. 

But can we please absolutely F U C K O F F with this shit. Can we please, please, PLEASE stop defending or advocating for one player by straight up attacking another. You can call for Daka or Cannon without being a **** about Iheanacho and the GOAT. 

Especially when your "opinion" is completely senseless rubbish. Vardy and Iheanacho's combined G/90 is really pretty strong. Vards has scored more goals per 90 minutes (0.61) than Adam Armstrong (0.57) who is the league's second top scorer behind Szmodics (0.65.) Iheanacho is weighing in with a respectable 0.54 (for context, someone like Piroe has 0.45.) 

For a bit more context, of players to have played the same number of 90 minutes or more than Jamie Vardy, only two in the league (Rowe and Szmodics) are scoring at a better rate. 

For Iheanacho's benefit you should probably chuck in assists as his creative output is generally where he makes up ground, Iheanacho has a combined goals and assists of 0.61 per 90 minutes. Rutter is hyped as one of the best all round forwards in the league by neutrals and he's picking up 0.68.

Not for the first time I find myself pointing out both Iheanacho and Vardy are doing perfectly fine. 

To be honest, my biggest criticism of them isn't so much their numbers in terms of goals/assists, although I did exoect nore from Iheanacho,  I mist admit. It's more their link-up play and how they are involved in the build-up which has been lacking. The lack of respect that poster had shown towards Vardy in particular was ridiculous though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

in fairness to Piroe, he’s not been playing as a striker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

It usually happens when Piroe scores which has not happened recently. The comparison is more to show that Vardy and Iheanacho are still scoring at comparable rates to the top scorers in this league.

The only reasonable criticism towards the two is that they are not performing up to their own standards, which would be a level above the other best strikers in the league like Armstrong or Piroe. For me it is unreasonable to say that they are 'wank' or bad at this level. Despite facing lots of criticism from our fans they are still among the most productive strikers in the league, if their worst is decent championship level performances then we should not be tossing them aside for unproven strikers like Cannon.

For me Vardy has been fine, especially when you consider his age, but Inheacho has not been good enough. I'll refrain from "wank" but I'm fed up of him personally.

Always hard to judge the goalscoring charts now, but Armstrong is lethal at this level, has proved it before, and I think whoever scores more than him will finish the league's top scorer. I can't see it being any of our strikers, mind.

I've been a big critic of Daka of course, but I can't argue with his output and he is now edging towards being our current main striker. Hope he continues his current form.

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

0.54 goals a game. 

0.57 goals a game. 

Would you like to go away and have a rethink? 

Doing some quick working out from stats on transfermarkt. From Kel's sub appearances he averages a goal every 28 mins and from starts he averages a goal every 314 minutes.

Odd that considering it's easier to score when you start matches rather than coming on as a sub :ph34r::D

Edited by filbertway

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Doing some quick working out from stats on transfermarkt. From Kel's sub appearances he averages a goal every 28 mins and from starts he averages a goal every 314 minutes.

Odd that considering it's easier to score when you start matches rather than coming on as a sub :ph34r::D

Something something, sample size, something something statistical aberration. :whistle:

• Haha 1

If Daka plays and scores today, then he's got to be 1st choice surely..

We seem to adopt a slightly different style with Daka in - attack down the flanks more and get the crosses in... With Nacho it all goes down the middle... Playing with Daka a bit more allows the wingers to be a bit more expressive which is what the crowd seem to love..

22 minutes ago, Mark said:

We’ve scored 10 goals in 3 games with Daka up front, the goals had dried up before he came in. Pace in this league is massive, first choice for me whilst available

I don't see it. He hasn't really done anything, he got credit for the assist for KDH when it wasn't him. 

Any of the other 2 for me, as I don't feel Daka offers anything. 

• Like 1

I have to defend Patson tonight. Was watching him closely. Made numerous cracking runs which should have been fed. Stephy will get the plaudits tonight. But had a few of those passes been made to Patson. Rather than the wide boys stuff it up their jumper. Then possible different story. Both wide boys and KDH ignored Patson again again. Shame. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I have to defend Patson tonight. Was watching him closely. Made numerous cracking runs which should have been fed. Stephy will get the plaudits tonight. But had a few of those passes been made to Patson. Rather than the wide boys stuff it up their jumper. Then possible different story. Both wide boys and KDH ignored Patson again again. Shame. 

Agreed was 3 or 4 times the early through ball was on and it was just carried forward slower and played wide.