Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

I thought he played well tonight. 

Enzo wants his striker to drop deep, link play and make space for our wingers and #8s and tonight, as an isolated instance I think he done that better than Nacho and Vardy has this season. 

Involved on the 3rd and helped create some very good chances. I'm far from a fan of his but credit where its due. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Sad to see Daka scoring so low in the match ratings. I think Enzo will rate his performance much higher considering how well he came deep and linked up the play. Looks the better of the 3 strikers that have played regularly. 

Agreed !!

His link up play was very good & his pace created room for the other forwards. I'm sure Enzo was very happy with his performance today. Easily better than Vardy or Nacho's performances so far .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guest said:

"Hasn't really done anything" is a harsh assessment of a player with two goals and an assist in three games

Look at them though. Not like he's pulling trees up. Don't let stats cloud your judgement, if he was to do it consistently and make a good contribution I'd call it out. Last night he offered nothing. Trying little flicks when there was much better options. 

6 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Look at them though. Not like he's pulling trees up. Don't let stats cloud your judgement, if he was to do it consistently and make a good contribution I'd call it out. Last night he offered nothing. Trying little flicks when there was much better options. 

We mustn't let the objective, verifiable facts get in the way of our subjective and flawed judgement? 

Perhaps the facts should help inform our judgement, rather than be ignored when they don't match our opinion.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We should be very happy with, what that CF cluster are doing for us.

Cannon needs a chain of starts…maybe with Daka..this tees up other options.

A few  on FT look to only a small compact choice…I could be misreading it..

Now we have it, we should use that CF-Partner Turn around and replacements.

not 12_13 man squad, but 15-17 first choices approach…

Which I believe Enzo actually practices. Though 4-5  niggling injjuries can curtail that area of developement.

• Like 1

I thought he played alright, made some great runs drawing the defenders , had a hand in the 3rd goal with a cheeky back heel . Iv noticed we are getting the ball forward a lot quicker since hes been in the team and not pissing around playing it around the back . I still thing he can get 10 goals for us this season and play a major part. Should of scored though when 7 yards out , but as any striker will tell you hes getting in the right positions its when your not we need to be worried . I love the underdog !

• Like 2

In this system, I still think he’s our best option. For me I’d start him as first choice striker from now on.

Obviously he will miss a few games with AFCON and we’ll need to make sure Cannon is up to speed, but his movement and general play is certainly the best option we have. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

Tonight was a great opportunity in a wide open game for Daka to perform. He didn’t. 

He created 2 goals so he actually played a brilliant game.

Infact when you look at the statistics of last night's game you would probably find that without him we would of lost that game maybe drew.

Last night was a great opportunity to enable Leicester to win and perform really well.

He did.

1 hour ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

The little flick in the build up to the third.....

• Like 1

The full range of opinions as always!

I'm in neither camp on Daka - I haven't completely written him off nor did I greet the previous two performances like the Second Coming.

But he was dreadful last night, and if you're one of those who thinks differently - which is fine - then that's just endowment bias in action.

50 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Is it me, or does there seem to be more chemistry between the attack when Daka plays? It might just be the opposition, but the last 3 games the forward line look more intense with each other. Daka didnt have his best game, but he was making good runs and movement 

Yes, this is what I thought too…

just love Vardy, but in translation & transitions Daka looks to add more to the chemistry…

Mavadidi is doing what the moaners want,getting even more involved ..

Fazzy just simply gets one month older & becomes even more of a threat.

Look we are far from the finished article,but we see each week we have other things in our tank..

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

We've scored 10 goals in three games with him in the team and the way he can drop in and link up with the 8s/winks (as is the role of the striker in this system) to enable the wingers and 8s is a big part of it. If you don't think he's making a good contribution, maybe that's because you don't understand his role in this system, because he's playing it very well 

But are those goals down to him or the quality of the opposition? 

Whoever Enzo intends to play against Ipswich needs some game time against Rotherham.