Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

38 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Had a rough game last night but that’s totally fine after his prior two performances. Give him time and he’ll rebuild his chemistry with his teammates. 

His finishing wasnt very good but i felt he did alright with his movement and link up play..

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MPH said:

His finishing wasnt very good but i felt he did alright with his movement and link up play..

There were a few mix-ups and he was caught between decisions a couple of times— I think he’d admit he had a frustrating day at the office but I totally agree with you on his movement. He’ll bring that to every game, which is a huge advantage for us, even if his finishing isn’t going well.

Didn't particularly rate Patson on the ball last night. Interesting to read the comments about his movement.

While being able to follow tactical instructions that your manager gives you is important, a big part of judging someone's performance for me is that they're actually looking technically competent and can do stuff with the ball.

If playing well is just about following someone's tactical instructions then football will get very cheap as I'd say the vast majority of people are capable of learning patterns. Judgement still has to encompass what a player does on the ball. 

He was unfortunate not to receive a few through balls although how he was miskicking and scuffing the ball, I wouldn't have been confident in him taking the chances.

Best of a bad bunch atm, although his main bonus is that he still looks arsed. Vardy's heads already abroad for a massive pay day, Kel looks like he's mentally checked out. Cannon likely gets a crack in January so ideally by Feb - we'll have the two of them fighting it out as the first 2 choices.

If we could get any money for Kel in Jan I'd take it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I find it remarkable how polarised opinions are on here re Patson. Do those 'against' posters feel Nacho/Vards have stepped forward this season? Because I think overall they've been woeful. And on top coin for it. Whilst the Patson era hasn't seen every attack result in the net bulge. Certainly not from Patson himself. You can't have missed that our attacking intent has more zip, purpose and a 4th / 5th gear about it. That isn't a coincidence at all. So I for one, am in no rush to see the return of the overpaid coasters. Keep going Patson. 

For starters, no LCFC fan is “against” Daka. The more options we have, the merrier.

Nonetheless, I remember asking sometime ago where our attack that created but sadly wasted oodles of goal scoring chances earlier (not early) in the season disappeared to. Thus, for seemingly the umpteenth time, no disrespect to Daka who has done very well in the last two games and thus deserves the accolade he has received, but the simultaneous occurrence of two things do not necessarily prove a causative relationship. Obviously, every player contributes in some measure to the team’s form (eg, the return of Ndidi from injury has been a significant contributor) but I respectfully disagree that Daka has singularly (or even been the biggest contributor) to our current form,  since we’ve shown similar form earlier in the season without him. That’s not being “against” Daka. It’s merely bringing (seemingly much needed) perspective to the discourse!

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

It's a fair question, particularly given Plymouth played suicideball, but honestly I'd direct you back to games against QPR and sheff weds. Daka is not playing a different role to Vardy or Iheanacho, it's the same role and the same movement patterns - striker drops in to pull defenders out, 8s surge forward/wingers inside to the vacated space to create overloads. While we didn't convert them, think how many 4 v 3s we had last night. Vardy and Iheanacho have been making the same movements but have been coming too deep which allows the defenders to drop back and let the midfielders pick them up, and have lacked the pace and energy to spin back forward and add to the overload having created the space. No doubt it helps that Birminghams understanding of defence starts and ends at it being the thing that goes round degarden, but Dakas movement in this system has been better than Nachos or Vardys

I see your point and I certainly agree regarding the other two dropping too deep! I've seen Vardy twice in the right back position! Whether they have misunderstood or been instructed to do that who knows? Possibly with Plymouth and Birmingham instructions were slightly different with lesser emphasis on more defensive play?

43 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Didn't particularly rate Patson on the ball last night. Interesting to read the comments about his movement.

While being able to follow tactical instructions that your manager gives you is important, a big part of judging someone's performance for me is that they're actually looking technically competent and can do stuff with the ball.

If playing well is just about following someone's tactical instructions then football will get very cheap as I'd say the vast majority of people are capable of learning patterns. Judgement still has to encompass what a player does on the ball. 

He was unfortunate not to receive a few through balls although how he was miskicking and scuffing the ball, I wouldn't have been confident in him taking the chances.

Best of a bad bunch atm, although his main bonus is that he still looks arsed. Vardy's heads already abroad for a massive pay day, Kel looks like he's mentally checked out. Cannon likely gets a crack in January so ideally by Feb - we'll have the two of them fighting it out as the first 2 choices.

If we could get any money for Kel in Jan I'd take it.

I see what you're saying.. and for example,  Ndidi's transformation into someone with the most amazingly deft, weighted crosses that have brought about a couple of goals recently is nothing short of remarkable. But its taken him half a season of regularly playing to get to this mark. Daka has shown great improvement in morphing from an out and out goal poacher into a more mobile and creative forward - it's great to see! Who knows how well he could do  with another 4-5 consecutive games...

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I see what you're saying.. and for example,  Ndidi's transformation into someone with the most amazingly deft, weighted crosses that have brought about a couple of goals recently is nothing short of remarkable. But its taken him half a season of regularly playing to get to this mark. Daka has shown great improvement in morphing from an out and out goal poacher into a more mobile and creative forward - it's great to see! Who knows how well he could do  with another 4-5 consecutive games...

Oh yeah, I wouldn't drop him. Just he looked noticeably poor. If you dropped players whenever they look off it you'd be constantly changing the team.

Given he's out most valuable striker, its in our interest to get him firing for ourselves or for his market value 

3 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

For starters, no LCFC fan is “against” Daka. The more options we have, the merrier.

Nonetheless, I remember asking sometime ago where our attack that created but sadly wasted oodles of goal scoring chances earlier (not early) in the season disappeared to. Thus, for seemingly the umpteenth time, no disrespect to Daka who has done very well in the last two games and thus deserves the accolade he has received, but the simultaneous occurrence of two things do not necessarily prove a causative relationship. Obviously, every player contributes in some measure to the team’s form (eg, the return of Ndidi from injury has been a significant contributor) but I respectfully disagree that Daka has singularly (or even been the biggest contributor) to our current form,  since we’ve shown similar form earlier in the season without him. That’s not being “against” Daka. It’s merely bringing (seemingly much needed) perspective to the discourse!

You've really honed in on the word 'against'. Which was a random tool I used, to describe those current fans who aren't overly sold on Daka's current efforts as our starting striker. It certainly wasn't meant as a comment on him as a human being. I hear what your saying about Ndidi's return. But my post was about the merits of our current 4 strikers to enhance team performance. And currently Patson gets a 👍from me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I know loads of Leicester fans who are 'against' Daka. They think he's rubbish.

Thinking he's rubbish doesn't mean people are "against" him. I don't rate him but I want him to do well, I want to be proved wrong over time, if any player is doing well (as Daka is at the minute) then we're benefitting.

• Like 2

its the same thing that happened with Vardy, his first season think most LCFC fans wanted him gone saying he wasnt good enough, given time etc he turned that around

think if Daka is afford that and games he'll come good too, 

as stated already hes been our best striker this season for me and hes only started 3 games

• Like 1