Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

He needs time. Austrian league to premier league is a jump and needs time to settle, not only in a more demanding league but a completely new country! He’s young as well, give him a chance to settle find his feet in games, can’t be easy to do all that as such a young age so quickly.

Daka is not the issue at the mo, our defence is the more pressing concern. Without a solid defence our confidence to go forward has been affected. 

I have no doubt he’ll come good. There is a player in him, I’m sure of it. 

Edited by fox_favourite

2 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Is all this hysteria bourne from the Zambian fan base losing patience? I don’t think there’s a question that Patson’s gonna be a very good player for us. Seen enough in the game against Napoli alone. 

He’ll get his chance and decent run of games at some point and I have every confidence he’ll prove to be a quality signing. No need to start getting on his back, the poor bloke’s barely had a kick!!!!

.....you can see he is snatching at things went he gets on, all comes down to over eagerness to impress!!!

The longer he is out raises doubts in his mind, which shouldn't be there, but human nature being what it is, brings it to the fore.

Why are we worried about Daka when Nacho and Vardy are scoring goals?

Our strikers are playing great, the rest of the team... not so much.

Daka is one for the future and will come good when we need him to. In the meantime make the most out of enjoying the performances possibly the best player that has ever played for us and that we will ever see in Jamie Vardy is giving us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

If this was a player transferred from another PL club, we still wouldn't have seen enough to judge him by. The fact that he is still adapting to English football, with extremely limited playing time to be able to do so, is evidence that we need to with hold our opinions on him.

He's in a bit of a catch 22 whereby he isn't quite good enough to break into the first 11 due to lack of quality and adaptation, But lack's the chance to gain said quality and adaptation due to lack of game time. There's definitely a player in him, but i think it's going to be a slow drawn out process. A few minutes in the cups isn't really going to get him up to speed to be a Vardy replacement IMO.

Could have had more of a look in than the last ten minutes at Millwall perhaps as could Benkovic had a run out. Of all the competitions, this is of least priority and a great opportunity to bed new players or get others up to speed in case required. Priority has to be Premiership and Europe.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Why are we worried about Daka when Nacho and Vardy are scoring goals?

Our strikers are playing great, the rest of the team... not so much.

Daka is one for the future and will come good when we need him to. In the meantime make the most out of enjoying the performances possibly the best player that has ever played for us and that we will ever see in Jamie Vardy is giving us.

Because we don’t want him to become pissed off and disenfranchised? Or just because he’s shiny and new?

Joking aside, I do think he could have had more minutes to help him be brought up to speed for when we need him. I have a bad feeling he’ll be thrown in at some point and won’t have had a chance to acclimatise 

• 2 weeks later...

FT getting a mention in the guardian..

“I also hear they are blowing up the Leicester message boards with complaints about Patson not playing – Zambians can be a bit over-zealous! I think some Leicester fans in the UK are getting a bit fed up with them. They were saying: ‘We went through this with [Riyad] Mahrez; not again!’ They will learn to appreciate each other in the end.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/14/will-daka-and-mwepu-finally-put-zambia-on-english-football-map

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would be nice to see us field Vardy and Iheanacho on Saturday, get a couple of goals to the good and in the final 20 minutes, take both off and stick Daka on with Barnes or Lookman and hit them on the counter for a 3rd goal for Patson. Easy eh?

Wonder if we can loan Daka out somewhere in Jan if Vardy and Kel remain fit. Seems stupid to me to have one of the hottest young talents in Europe regressing on our bench when he's in his prime years for development.

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Wonder if we can loan Daka out somewhere in Jan if Vardy and Kel remain fit. Seems stupid to me to have one of the hottest young talents in Europe regressing on our bench when he's in his prime years for development.

And then what ? - when either of Vards and Kels gets injured?

• Like 1

Patson is another reason why the U23 needs scrapping and they need to bring back the reserve leagues, or rebrand the “development teams” to go back and allow senior players to play regular midweek games. Patson needs games, and you can’t just rely on giving players minutes here or there. It used to work well back in the day as those not getting minutes or just returning from injury we’re able to play and get proper minutes in the tank. 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Patson is another reason why the U23 needs scrapping and they need to bring back the reserve leagues, or rebrand the “development teams” to go back and allow senior players to play regular midweek games. Patson needs games, and you can’t just rely on giving players minutes here or there. It used to work well back in the day as those not getting minutes or just returning from injury we’re able to play and get proper minutes in the tank. 

Or perhaps allow Premier League B teams into the football league... :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Iheanacho will be away at AFCON for a month so Daka will at least stand a better chance then of some PL minutes. Vardy loves an injury around Xmas/Jan too.

44 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Another loan...pony...!!

We also Need Cover & 4 Tournament rotation potentialll..

Can we loan out 4000 over zealous  impatient fans...:celebrate:

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Loaning him out would be absolute madness. It's a long season and he'll be needed at some point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Loaning him out would be absolute madness. It's a long season and he'll be needed at some point.

We'll see at the end of the season, based on what I know about Rodgers' style, I feel like he will only play when it's absolutely necessary. If Vards and Kel are fit he'll be limited to European games and cup games. Playing a couple of times a month won't be good for him.

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If you are looking for reasonable, logical decision making in this country at the moment, well , good luck with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We'll see at the end of the season, based on what I know about Rodgers' style, I feel like he will only play when it's absolutely necessary. If Vards and Kel are fit he'll be limited to European games and cup games. Playing a couple of times a month won't be good for him.

The club needs to come before Daka though. What happens if he's loaned out in January and one of Kel or Vardy gets injured, they'd be expected to play 90 minutes, every week across potentially three competitions. Loaning him out and arriving at such a scenario is the very definition of shooting yourself in the foot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The club needs to come before Daka though. What happens if he's loaned out in January and one of Kel or Vardy gets injured, they'd be expected to play 90 minutes, every week across potentially three competitions. Loaning him out and arriving at such a scenario is the very definition of shooting yourself in the foot.

If i'm wrong at the end of the season, I'll hold my hands up. I hope he gets plenty of game time, seems a shame for the lad to have to sit on the bench all season. On the plus side, Kel has the experience of doing it himself, so at least he's got someone to chat to about it.

Rodgers would love the chance to play Perez up top again anyway :D

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If i'm wrong at the end of the season, I'll hold my hands up. I hope he gets plenty of game time, seems a shame for the lad to have to sit on the bench all season. On the plus side, Kel has the experience of doing it himself, so at least he's got someone to chat to about it.

Rodgers would love the chance to play Perez up top again anyway :D

I have no doubt he will have been told to not expect to play a lot this season, he will know his position in the squad and that his play time will directly relate to Vardy