Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Posted (edited)

Thanks for Moscow and for contributing this season, but he's not good enough. Any half decent offer, accept it and move on!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

@Finnegan this seems a better suited place to chat Parson 😅

I mentioned in the other thread that I think the set up at Salzburg—however you want to describe the forward situation—got the best out of Daka.

Yes I know it was in the Austrian Bundesliga. Yes it takes time for a player to adapt to the PL/Championship, or heck, any new side. Yes, under Rodgers we retreated more and more, leaving our striker(s) isolated.

But regardless of whether we agree that he plays best with someone to partner him, or to play off of, how do we get the best out of him?

Part of the reason I think he needs someone to play off of is related to @moore_94's comment (I think, apologies if I'm wrong) about Daka being a confidence player. I think that having someone playing close to him (not necessarily as a "two" but perhaps an inverted winger or an AM playing right up next to him like Maddison used to on occasion) gives him more confidence, more support, and gets more out of him.

What do you think?

9 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

@Finnegan this seems a better suited place to chat Parson 😅

I mentioned in the other thread that I think the set up at Salzburg—however you want to describe the forward situation—got the best out of Daka.

Yes I know it was in the Austrian Bundesliga. Yes it takes time for a player to adapt to the PL/Championship, or heck, any new side. Yes, under Rodgers we retreated more and more, leaving our striker(s) isolated.

But regardless of whether we agree that he plays best with someone to partner him, or to play off of, how do we get the best out of him?

Part of the reason I think he needs someone to play off of is related to @moore_94's comment (I think, apologies if I'm wrong) about Daka being a confidence player. I think that having someone playing close to him (not necessarily as a "two" but perhaps an inverted winger or an AM playing right up next to him like Maddison used to on occasion) gives him more confidence, more support, and gets more out of him.

What do you think?

Patson had some good moments in the Europa league. Sadly never replicated in any regular league games. 

If I was Cooper, I’d be putting more stock into Cannon.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

Patson had some good moments in the Europa league. Sadly never replicated in any regular league games. 

If I was Cooper, I’d be putting more stock into Cannon.

I don’t think that it’s as simple as giving him more bone broth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In theory he should be more effective in the PL, considering nobody is going to defend with a low block and 10 men behind the ball. Cooper's counterattack should suit him perfectly, the issue is can he learn to finish. Those 4 goals he scored against Moscow, I dont think he would've scored even one of those last season. His confidence is at rock bottom. 

21 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

Reading through all our thread topics, the one title that sends shivers down my spine the most is not any points deduction, finances, the manager, lack of signings  but this name. 

Really?

So if it came down to being forced to start and play one name every game - which would it be, Daka or Danny Ward?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

A new manager can do surprising things with fringe players, Vesty last season taught us not to rule anything or anyone out.

This point is correct. However he fluffed some absolute sitters last season. That’s not a management problem.

23 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

This point is correct. However he fluffed some absolute sitters last season. That’s not a management problem.

I agree, he is a confidence player though and, as in any walk of life, some people get the best out of someone where other (equally capable) managers couldn't.

28 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm far from convinced, however if the new manager could get him

1. to relax , stop trying too hard and use his instinct a bit more and

2.maybe connected with trying too hard... work on his balance

I think there's still a player there. 

I'm sure I saw this post when Maresca and Smith were both appointed.

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm sure I saw this post when Maresca and Smith were both appointed.

Absolutely, its a shame he constantly fails to impress and worse those that keep making those statements are like people that have 'stockholm syndrome' and love Daka as there perscuter.

8 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Absolutely, its a shame he constantly fails to impress and worse those that keep making those statements are like people that have 'stockholm syndrome' and love Daka as there perscuter.

Right now, we have no other choice other than to work with Daka. 

Vardy cannot possibly play the role of a modern PL striker leading the press. And Cannon hasn't got the pace (and his fitness/stamina level is unknown) 

Edit, made same point twice!

Edited by Paninistickers

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Right now, we have no other choice other than to work with Daka. 

Vardy cannot possibly play the role of a modern PL striker leading the press. And Cannon hasn't got the pace (and his fitness/stamina level is unknown) 

Edit, made same point twice!

That doesnt make it right, those responsible, need to be punished.  Im embarrassed for our club.

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

I agree, he is a confidence player though and, as in any walk of life, some people get the best out of someone where other (equally capable) managers couldn't.

I don’t think it’s all on the manager. The lad is responsible for his own effort. Some of those fluffs last season weren’t down to just low confidence. It’s a shame, because I think he’s a really decent guy.

• Like 1