Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

We´ve begun acting like the big club we are. Buy up good players to avoid competitors getting them - and then stick them on the bench...

Hard to drop Vardy with 2 in 3. Daka will get his chances. Personally I’d like to see him feature to some extent against Man City. His pace might keep them on edge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I hope he has the fortitude to put up with second fiddle for the time being. 

A period of broken football can break some players, Shaquri being one good example, and it'll be a test if he's got the mettle. 

I'm looking forward to him seize his chances. 

From talking to a number of coaches here about him, I'd say he's very mature and understands what's needed of him. When called upon he'll be ready. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan

I think we have to be careful with Daka

I doubt he’s come here to warm the bench constantly and is a very good striker

I can see him becoming twitchy if he doesn’t get much game time 

41 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think we have to be careful with Daka

I doubt he’s come here to warm the bench constantly and is a very good striker

I can see him becoming twitchy if he doesn’t get much game time 

I'm confident that he will have had what's coming spelt out to him before he signed.

• Like 2

It's a difficult one but Daka needs to be blooded into the PL games. It takes most foreign players a while to get up to speed in the prem anyway so I'd like to see him start to come off the bench. Vardy takes preference of course he does, but I'd rather we give Vards 10% more energy to impact games over 60-70 minutes than have him play 90 minutes and either wear him out or he gets injured.

• Like 2

If Daka is going to make appearances it will be in place of Vardy, they are too similar to try and use at the same time, and at the moment Vardy is playing well - but with EL and Carabao starting for us soon he will get game time as Vardy wont play every game

During games so far it has depended on what is the current situation of the game as to whether Daka can come on

Wolves: 1-0 up and change in system to 352, Vestergaard and Soumare on for Perez and Maddison to suit the system, Barnes initially partners Vardy in the 2 but he had to come off rather than Vardy so it had to be Nacho that comes on

West ham: Daka came on

Norwich: Vardy with 1 goal and 1 assist didn't deserve to be subbed off

In my opinion we are VERY unlikely to ever see Vardy and Daka on the pitch at the same time, it will always be 1 or the other.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It's a difficult one but Daka needs to be blooded into the PL games. It takes most foreign players a while to get up to speed in the prem anyway so I'd like to see him start to come off the bench. Vardy takes preference of course he does, but I'd rather we give Vards 10% more energy to impact games over 60-70 minutes than have him play 90 minutes and either wear him out or he gets injured.

Somare too.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Hard to drop Vardy with 2 in 3. Daka will get his chances. Personally I’d like to see him feature to some extent against Man City. His pace might keep them on edge. 

Not against Man City necessarily, but against Wolves and West Ham in a 433, I think we could have accommodated him well in a front 3 of Barnes, Vardy and Daka with Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare in behind. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not against Man City necessarily, but against Wolves and West Ham in a 433, I think we could have accommodated him well in a front 3 of Barnes, Vardy and Daka with Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare in behind. 

...the players have just had no time to acclimatize with the pace of the League!!!

It will 4-3-3 will hopefully become the standard formation but we need to be flexible enough with changes of shape during the games.

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm confident that he will have had what's coming spelt out to him before he signed.

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

He was blooded at West Ham, and featured in the Community Shield.

I seriously don't know what people expect: Vardy scored a great goal in the first game (two great goals really, including the off side) and Norwich. Was Brendan supposed to start Daka in those games?

We played just 3 games before the September international break: We have 7 before the October break; we will have 6 (seven if we beat Millwall) before the November break; then we have at least 12 up to New Years Day. In other words, we are playing twice a week for the rest of the year.

Daka can look at a calendar as easily as I can. I just don't understand how people are wringing their hands about his lack of minutes so far.

• Like 2