Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

53 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not against Man City necessarily, but against Wolves and West Ham in a 433, I think we could have accommodated him well in a front 3 of Barnes, Vardy and Daka with Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare in behind. 

Yes we could have, but we didn’t. Moving forward I feel Brendan’s faith is in Vardy as the one up top. I’d love to see Daka feature. I think he’s mustard. However, Brendan is notoriously cautious and I think bit part sub appearances are his lot currently - although he may well feature more heavily in the away legs of the EL. I’d like the guy on the pitch every bloody game. 

• Like 1

We know over the last 2 seasons, tiredness of key players being forced to play every week, in near enough every competition, has led to reduced performances and injuries.

(Ndidi, Vardy, Evans, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes etc).

The above has contributed, arguably, to us missing top 4 in two seasons we should have got there....Although personally, I hold Rodgers more accountable, as there were half a dozen games each season he directly contributed to us not getting a result.

This season though, he can't have that excuse.

In Soumare, Daka, Vestegaard, KDH, Lookman etc, he's got to rotate his squad more.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yes we could have, but we didn’t. Moving forward I feel Brendan’s faith is in Vardy as the one up top. I’d love to see Daka feature. I think he’s mustard. However, Brendan is notoriously cautious and I think bit part sub appearances are his lot currently - although he may well feature more heavily in the away legs of the EL. I’d like the guy on the pitch every bloody game. 

I agreee with this. I'd also add that I wouldn't want Daka just playing in the EL group stages. He needs at least some introduction to the PL as it's a massive step up from where he's been and if Vards gets injured next week then Daka will end up getting thrown on without any previous play. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The guy is only 22, has never played in a major league and only been here a few weeks. There's no need in chucking him straight in. There's 4 competitions, tons of games and Vardy is 35 soon. Daka will get plenty of chances, not sure why people are panicking. 

Because you sense talking utter buffoon, we want to see our new shiny toy in action, not stay on the shelf. 🤣

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If Daka is going to make appearances it will be in place of Vardy, they are too similar to try and use at the same time, and at the moment Vardy is playing well - but with EL and Carabao starting for us soon he will get game time as Vardy wont play every game

During games so far it has depended on what is the current situation of the game as to whether Daka can come on

Wolves: 1-0 up and change in system to 352, Vestergaard and Soumare on for Perez and Maddison to suit the system, Barnes initially partners Vardy in the 2 but he had to come off rather than Vardy so it had to be Nacho that comes on

West ham: Daka came on

Norwich: Vardy with 1 goal and 1 assist didn't deserve to be subbed off

In my opinion we are VERY unlikely to ever see Vardy and Daka on the pitch at the same time, it will always be 1 or the other.

Wasn't Daka about to come on vs Wolves to replace Vardy but Maddison then went off instead? 

He will get chances in upcoming Cup games and its down to him to hit the ground running. If and when Vardys form drops off, only then should we really be questioning Daka not playing anyway, what are we supposed to do? If Vardy is back on form then that's great and we know we have 2 strikers waiting for their chance as Vardy is bound to need to be rested, or get injured/lose form like he has the last few seasons and we weren't really prepared before.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Wasn't Daka about to come on vs Wolves to replace Vardy but Maddison then went off instead? 

He will get chances in upcoming Cup games and its down to him to hit the ground running. If and when Vardys form drops off, only then should we really be questioning Daka not playing anyway, what are we supposed to do? If Vardy is back on form then that's great and we know we have 2 strikers waiting for their chance as Vardy is bound to need to be rested, or get injured/lose form like he has the last few seasons and we weren't really prepared before.

Ah yeah I think Maddison had done something to his back hadn't he

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the players have just had no time to acclimatize with the pace of the League!!!

It will 4-3-3 will hopefully become the standard formation but we need to be flexible enough with changes of shape during the games.

They can't acclimatise without exactly playing at all, it's not like getting a sun tan 😁. Also, I can't see any of them being worse than a fully acclimatised Perez. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He was blooded at West Ham, and featured in the Community Shield.

I seriously don't know what people expect: Vardy scored a great goal in the first game (two great goals really, including the off side) and Norwich. Was Brendan supposed to start Daka in those games?

We played just 3 games before the September international break: We have 7 before the October break; we will have 6 (seven if we beat Millwall) before the November break; then we have at least 12 up to New Years Day. In other words, we are playing twice a week for the rest of the year.

Daka can look at a calendar as easily as I can. I just don't understand how people are wringing their hands about his lack of minutes so far.

I think last season's busy nature due to being a month shorter has made some people forget what regular seasons are normally like. By a month in last season we'd already played 5 games in 2 competitions and were about to embark on 2 games a week for 6 whole months. This time around we've only played 3 so far, not including the Community Shield, plus a 2 week break for internationals. Season starts now really.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

They can't acclimatise without exactly playing at all, it's not like getting a sun tan 😁. Also, I can't see any of them being worse than a fully acclimatised Perez. 

....Perez is a different matter (you see what you have just done, you have brought him up again)!!!

Yes there were the occasional opportunity to play them for 20 minutes here and there, but Europe will dictate the way we use our squad, and game time in Europe will get them  match fitness and the chance to integrate in the first team easier.

• Haha 2

Mr. Rogers has thrown down the gauntlet to our players that there are no excuses this season. I'm reading into that as no dropping off at the tail end - we should be able to finish strong and finally clinch that champions league spot. I hope this challenge applies to the manager himself. We will be watching and supporting but don't let us down please. COYF! :chant:

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Perez is a different matter (you see what you have just done, you have brought him up again)!!!

Yes there were the occasional opportunity to play them for 20 minutes here and there, but Europe will dictate the way we use our squad, and game time in Europe will get them  match fitness and the chance to integrate in the first team easier.

Sorry, just can't help myself at times, quite irrational 🤣

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

We know over the last 2 seasons, tiredness of key players being forced to play every week, in near enough every competition, has led to reduced performances and injuries.

(Ndidi, Vardy, Evans, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes etc).

The above has contributed, arguably, to us missing top 4 in two seasons we should have got there....Although personally, I hold Rodgers more accountable, as there were half a dozen games each season he directly contributed to us not getting a result.

This season though, he can't have that excuse.

In Soumare, Daka, Vestegaard, KDH, Lookman etc, he's got to rotate his squad more.

So you think someone else would have done better?

Our 3 league finish before Rodgers had a full season in charge, 12th, 9th and 9th (Which would have been in the bottom half without Rodgers coming In that season )

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sorry, just can't help myself at times, quite irrational 🤣

That reminded me of the Fawlty Towers episode when they had German guests :D.  Perhaps we should begin to refer to him as 'he who should not be mentioned' or just 'Voldemort'. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

i might be wrong but i dont think Kante started any of the first 5 or 6 league games when we first signed him? 

All players take time to bed into new clubs. 

Yep Kante was a sub for his first 4 games. In one game he even came on as a winger lol !

He looked very good whenever he came on though. Some of the threads on his performances at the time are legendary:

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep Kante was a sub for his first 4 games. In one game he even came on as a winger lol !

He looked very good whenever he came on though. Some of the threads on his performances at the time are legendary:

reading back through some of them comments.... Man i miss Kante. Dont get me wrong Wilf is a class player but i am not sure we will see a better Midfield that Kante ever again! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

reading back through some of them comments.... Man i miss Kante. Dont get me wrong Wilf is a class player but i am not sure we will see a better Midfield that Kante ever again! 

I’m trying to think of any other player in premier league history that became that good that quickly? Aguero maybe? Those threads show that after just 8 games (4 of which were sub appearances) that people were already saying he was one of the best midfielders they’d ever seen!

Hopefully Daka is the striker version!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

So you think someone else would have done better?

Our 3 league finish before Rodgers had a full season in charge, 12th, 9th and 9th (Which would have been in the bottom half without Rodgers coming In that season )

Yes.

Rodgers's last 2 seasons, the last third in particular, are evidence that he's never going to be good enough to manager a top side (Except Man City, who can buy 2/3 top players for every position).

The injuries/burnout we've had are not by 'chance', it's because he overplays certain players, rather than rotate his squad.

We're 3 games in, and we've made zero unenforced changes in every game.

We need to be able to rotate the squad, so that certain players can get a rest every so often.

It doesn't need to be full scale changes, but against a side like Norwich for example, we should be resting 1 or 2 players and still be able to get a result.

Compare how Tuchel managed their game against Palace, compared to Liverpool and Arsenal.

Not huge changes, but against Palace he started Chalobah/Pulisic/Kovacic, whilst against Liverpool+Arsenal these players were replaced by James/Havertz/Kante.

Kante wasn't fully fit for the first 1 1/2 games, and Tuchel was able to rest him....If that was Rodgers with Tielemans, he would have put him straight back into the side, as we saw by how early he was back against QPR.

Rodgers has at least 2 players in every position in the squad, to play a 4231/433 and 352/532....He needs to use his squad more this season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

When kante arrived there was a chance to meet him at David lloyd in narborough. I went with  my lad and said bonjour.   It was like shaking hands with a child.   He smiled nice.  I had no idea what he was about to mean for foxes fans

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Yes.

Rodgers's last 2 seasons, the last third in particular, are evidence that he's never going to be good enough to manager a top side (Except Man City, who can buy 2/3 top players for every position).

The injuries/burnout we've had are not by 'chance', it's because he overplays certain players, rather than rotate his squad.

We're 3 games in, and we've made zero unenforced changes in every game.

We need to be able to rotate the squad, so that certain players can get a rest every so often.

It doesn't need to be full scale changes, but against a side like Norwich for example, we should be resting 1 or 2 players and still be able to get a result.

Compare how Tuchel managed their game against Palace, compared to Liverpool and Arsenal.

Not huge changes, but against Palace he started Chalobah/Pulisic/Kovacic, whilst against Liverpool+Arsenal these players were replaced by James/Havertz/Kante.

Kante wasn't fully fit for the first 1 1/2 games, and Tuchel was able to rest him....If that was Rodgers with Tielemans, he would have put him straight back into the side, as we saw by how early he was back against QPR.

Rodgers has at least 2 players in every position in the squad, to play a 4231/433 and 352/532....He needs to use his squad more this season.

I mean you can hardly blame the injuries to Justin (ACL - bad landing), Fofana (Broken Ankle - bad tackle), Ricardo (ACL - bad tackle) on Rodgers?

We are 3 games in playing 1 game a week, there is little yet to actually start rotating players when they can get good recovery time between games

We struggled against Norwich with our strongest team available, no reason to think that resting 1 or 2 players would've made us better? What changes would you have made?

Chelsea who can easily just bring on Prem experienced £50m+ players? We have no where near the quality of squad depth they do, to suggest we can make the same level of changes to our starting line ups and still expect strong results like them (which we have struggled for even with our strongest 11 so far) is ridiculous

At least wait until we have multiple games a week and there is a better reason for him to rotate and especially now he has better depth to use before going off on one.

• Like 2