Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

One of his best moments probably won't be remarked upon.

When Newcastle's keeper (only just) managed to come out and prevent Patson Daka going through.

Daka took off and steamed past the defender like it was me on a jog.

Patson is utterly rapid.

And he can score and assist, too.

:scarf:

• Like 2

Dare I say he offers more in general play than Vardy does these days? Probably sacrilege around here. Feels like as Vardy gets older he preserves his energy more, which is totally understandable but means he can seem absent for long stretches of games. Daka has bags of energy, pace and ability, I’m not particularly nervous about the prospect of him one day taking up Vardys role. 

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Dare I say he offers more in general play than Vardy does these days? Probably sacrilege around here. Feels like as Vardy gets older he preserves his energy more, which is totally understandable but means he can seem absent for long stretches of games. Daka has bags of energy, pace and ability, I’m not particularly nervous about the prospect of him one day taking up Vardys role. 

I wouldn’t disagree. 

Liked him from his first appearance, has something about him that just gets involved. 

Vardy still the main man for now, but if we get to the hour mark and it's not a good day we should be chucking Daka on instead. I don't really seeing Vardy had an impact sub, has he ever made a massive difference from the bench? Daka I do think can have impact though. 

He is the future though. 

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

I like Daka but I worry that any comment might come across as anti-GOAT.

I want Vardy to keep playing and scoring.  But there is a part of me that is aware that Daka might offer more.

Having both of them available is great.  Unless you are Iheanacho.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

He does. Vards has to conserve much more to make a darting run or press but Daka is doing both

For a few years now we’ve all been worrying about what we’ll do when Vardy declines or hangs up his boots . Well I’m definitely not now, this lads pure class and will only get better .  We will  definitely see Vardy gradually play fewer games and Daka more  how exciting.  

• Like 1