Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Filled in for Vardy suitably today. 

Thought he looked tired towards the end of the first half but seemed to come out with a bit more fire in the second. Loved his off the ball movement for his goal, made the space for Barnes to run into and followed the space to get the ball. 

He's gonna be a proper star. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

Sacrilege I know but he's ahead of Vardy in the pecking order for me. He offers far more in open play and building attacks and he can press better. Daka is no winger so it's one or the other and Brendan has a big call to make. 

Was just coming on here to say the same thing. His link up play and all round game outside of the box is phenomenal. 

• Like 1

Our best player at Villa and great again today, while Vardy was anonymous against Napoli.

The plethora of fixtures over the next three weeks means we’ll need both, but for me Daka  would be first choice right now.

A truly special signing in the making.

Radio 5 live commentary team were really full of praise for him against Villa. Today he showed again that he is a very good footballer indeed and has that goal instinct. The transition period between the great Vardy and him is in full flow now I think. We should appreciate and treasure Jamie as a real legend and hope that Patson becomes another in time. 

• Like 1

I like how he's started to perform without the need for another out and out striker alongside him. He can hold it up and feed oncoming runners and his ability to stay just onside is a gift, seldom do you find strikers who can do that nearly all the time. 

So much more to come.

His hold up and link play has been impressive in his first two EPL starts and much improved from what he was showing in the earlier cup games where he didn't offer much other than trying to get in behind. 

Will be interesting how Rodgers plays things over the next few fixtures as Daka deserves to keep his place but not sure if he scores some of the goals Vardy has put away this season eg the goals against Watford and the finishes from low cut back crosses against Man Utd, Wolves, Norwich - not seen enough of Daka to know to be honest as most of his goals for us have been on the break/getting in behind opposition defences. 

Saying that there's enough fixtures to keep rotating them over the next month but if Daka goes on a run of games where he scores he'll be hard to drop given that he doesn't need to be rested like Vardy does now. 

What impressed me about Daka was not just his goal, and the set ups for both Tielemans and Maddison was his unselfishness. He could have taken shots himself for the latter two, but set up team mates instead. He seems a great and truly humble guy when interviewed.

We have our Vardy replacement at last, and they are hard shoes to fill. Lots of games coming, so need to continue rotating, but by the end of the season Vardy should be an impact sub.

• Like 3

As people are saying, he's really similar to Vardy which has surprised me. But I'm most impressed by his tenacity and physicality. He really puts himself about and occupies defenders that way but also by stretching it with his pace. Reckon if he can start creating opportunities for himself as well, then @Ric Flair's prediction of him being a top 3 striker in world football could come true.

Edited by dmayne7
  • Haha 1