Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

29 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Good finisher, very lightweight

Agree with this. Needs to stop getting bullied by his opposing defender. For a premier league level striker he struggles with holding the ball up, challenging for 50/50’s and pressing in general. Fabulous finisher though. 

32 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Good finisher, very lightweight

Yeah, can't hold the ball.

Thought it on Wednesday night but gave him the benefit of the doubt a bit considering Sanchez at Spurs is a fairly strong/aggressive defender.

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't think he's "very lightweight", think that's over the top.

Leicester fans have a habit of expecting everyone that's at least six foot to be some sort of target man bully. That's obviously not his game. 

He's not as strong as Iheanacho but he's no weaker than Vards, he's just probably not as well balanced. 

He still holds the ball up fairly well, gets involved in some really good build up play, puts himself about a bit quite a lot. 

I like him but disagree that he's no weaker than Vardy

Vardy has always been deceptively strong and been able to muscle off bigger players than him when going shoulder to shoulder.

I like Daka a lot but I don't think he has the same strength and aggression as Vardy.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

I like him but disagree that he's no weaker than Vardy

Vardy has always been deceptively strong and been able to muscle off bigger players than him when going shoulder to shoulder.

I like Daka a lot but I don't think he has the same strength and aggression as Vardy.

Certainly not aggression. I think a lot of Vardy’s strength comes from his raw pace. Whilst Daka is just as quick over a stretch, it’s the acceleration that gives Vardy the extra strength compared to Daka. 

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Patson is more connected to the rest of the team than vardy.  I love vardy... but every year now his powers will decline... he limits his work and so looks isolated.

Btw.  I do believe that with vardy or daka we should pop the odd ball over the top to keep the defenders guessing .

I hate the fact we’ve scrapped the simple ball over the top. With our pacey front three of Barnes, Lookman and Vardy/Daka, surely every now and again it wouldn’t hurt just pinging a ball over the top from defence instead of us pissing about with it at the back and losing it like we usually do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bert said:

Certainly not aggression. I think a lot of Vardy’s strength comes from his raw pace. Whilst Daka is just as quick over a stretch, it’s the acceleration that gives Vardy the extra strength compared to Daka. 

Vardy will really hit a guy, really go flying in there, Daka won't. Also don't think Daka's balance helps, he often seems to be turning and off balance when he's challenging someone. 

But equally he completely barged a centre back off the ball earlier in the box to get himself a shooting position only to be pulled back for a foul. 

We've seen him hold it up several times and get involved in build up play using his body. Ayoze Perez is lightweight. Daka isn't. 

• Like 4