Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

6 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Patson’s doing a grand job! I’ve been critical of Bouba’s start to life at Leicester but this guy has been terrific in the main.

His premier league involvement has been sporadic with us generally favouring Vards to start, but 7 goal contributions in 9 games says everything. I don’t know about everyone else but I always feel Daka’s a threat either with his pace or his poachers instinct in the box, I think this guy is mustard and will continue improve! 

9927DE83-7C32-4AD6-9162-7CA696599F81.jpeg

Even more impressive when you consider Vardy has 3x more minutes played

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Imagine if we’d opted for a ‘proven’ player instead

This x 10000. This approach is how we've progressed as a club, not signing someone like Vestergaard on huge wages just because he's played averagely in the PL for a few years. If we sign a PL player we should be looking only at those who have excelled in the PL. Mostly they'll be out of our reach financially but occasionally one will come around that is attainable eg Evans. But in the main picking up talented and hungry young players from Europe is a better way forward, I think. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

11 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Has anyone noticed how often he goes to ground or he just falls over , not sure if it’s his boots or he has bad balance 

No not at all, for me he always tries to stay on his feet. I think maybe you've got him confused with Shinji of circa 2017

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
16 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Good job he can sniff out scraps because we aren’t creating a lot for him at the minute! Going to get better and better when service comes.

The sign of a good striker. When he gets a chance he’s a really cool finisher.

He looks isolated at times though as the lone striker. His game isn’t a target man who’s going to hold the ball up well and bring in other players all the time. He looks like a fox in the box to me. 
Either we play someone alongside him or we get the midfield further forward to supply him better. Without either I think he’ll have barren games where he looks lost.

53 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The sign of a good striker. When he gets a chance he’s a really cool finisher.

He looks isolated at times though as the lone striker. His game isn’t a target man who’s going to hold the ball up well and bring in other players all the time. He looks like a fox in the box to me. 
Either we play someone alongside him or we get the midfield further forward to supply him better. Without either I think he’ll have barren games where he looks lost.

Be interesting to see him and nacho together 

Still looks quite raw at times but undoubtedly has a knack of finding the net or being involved in goals. Very good return so far given the limited game time too. Thought he was going to be a similar player to Vardy and he has the 1v1 finishing to match, but looks a slightly different type of player to me. Would like to see him play with some support alongside him - either from Nacho or Vardy - but he seems to be developing nicely and is one of the plus points in a fairly disappointing season so far.

On 23/01/2022 at 18:04, Sampson said:

I like him but disagree that he's no weaker than Vardy

Vardy has always been deceptively strong and been able to muscle off bigger players than him when going shoulder to shoulder.

I like Daka a lot but I don't think he has the same strength and aggression as Vardy.

'I like Daka a lot but I don't think he has the same strength and aggression as Vardy'.

Neither did Vardy at Daka's age, it's easy to forget he's only just turned 23 years of age. Neither is he used to the pace and physicality of Premiership football which is not to be underestimated. Can anyone remember Drogba's first season at Chelsea? He was quite poor to be honest but what an unplayable powerhouse he became when he got his feet under the table. Daka needs game time even when Vardy's back, as does Iheanacho. They are the future. That is in no way disrespectful to Vardy because he still has a vital part to play and there's room for all three here!

I think some of Daka's runs off the ball are remarkably clever and if he'd been playing at Man City or Liverpool I think he'd have scored even more because their players might have just seen his runs also!

I think he's made an incredible start to his Leicester career personally and will be another Fofana ie this time next year we'll already be struggling to keep him. He, like Tielemans and Fofana, will understandably want and deserve Champions League football. We blew that 2 seasons running. This sumner's transfer window will be a defining moment for our long term future as will be whether we keep Rodgers or not. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Stadt said:

4 goals and 3 assists in about 5 or 6 game’s worth of PL minutes. We’ve got a gem on our hands.

Imagine if we’d opted for a ‘proven’ player instead.

Like Perez? 🤣🤣

Just keep Rodgers and his mate away from the recruitment team until the end of summer 🤣

17 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Next season, if we can somehow translate Maddison's occasional good performance at RM this season into consistency, imagine this team

Iheanacho Daka

Barnes Dewsbury-Hall Ndidi Maddison

Thomas Evans* Fofana Justin

If Evans ever returns to his previous levels...

....Ndidi gets to screen the backline, no alternative position, he gets to run his own game without interference!!!

Maddison playing in the half spaces seems to be a role that has worked for him to a degree but he needs to be the '8 or #10. We resolve the issue for the Right side, stop fudging the issue, can we please get it done.

On 26/01/2022 at 04:31, sacreblueits442 said:

....Ndidi gets to screen the backline, no alternative position, he gets to run his own game without interference!!!

Maddison playing in the half spaces seems to be a role that has worked for him to a degree but he needs to be the '8 or #10. We resolve the issue for the Right side, stop fudging the issue, can we please get it done.

Yeah I'd rather us sign a real right winger as well, but we haven't managed that since Mahrez has left!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Struggling with the physicality in the Premier League again. He needs to bulk up and add a bit of shithousery to his game. He’s got a lot to do to fill Vardy’s boots, particularly this element. It’s too easy for matip and VVD.

He always has a goal in him.

• Like 1