Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Just now, Ric Flair said:

As soon as Seniorman came on we played the exact throughballs that would have been perfect for Daka. Was that a shift in the way we played once Tielemans was on or a sad indictment of Daka'a movement? It was frustrating to see Iheanacho on the end of them as we'd have been good for a point at least with one of them with Daka on.

You make a good comment. Daka’s movement is genuinely  poor at the moment. We all want him to be brilliant, but he isn’t right now. 

• Like 2

Remember confidence feeds off confidence we’re just a team that’s in a slump right now and maybe feel a little sorry for ourselves. Not sure when the boost will come or what that will be. I’m sure seeing lil Wes will cheer us all up.

• Like 1

Daka needs better service than Vardy does to affect a match 

People undervalue how good Vardys movement off the ball and runs are - could even be considered world class (and that's a big statement)

Daka's movement off the ball isnt as good and he needs better and more frequent service to get a goal than Vardy who only needs one 50-50 ball over the top to get a potential match winning goal.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Fed off scraps today. Can't blame him for being left isolated and receiving little of note from his team. Feed the Daka and he will score  

Not like the old days tho, he needs to have more dimensions to his game than just a finisher to be fed (though that’s obviously very important.) He needs to defend from the front, move his centre backs around, shithouse, hold the ball up better, create space for others, be stronger.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I agree he needs to work on his hold up play but I think he is instructed to run off the shoulders so needs the through balls. 

....we should not be looking to turn him into Vardy, he brings his own style of play and we have got to be that much different him how we attempt to give him the kind of service that he needs!!!

Was hoping he would drop a bit deeper to get more into the game and he is experiencing the same issues that Vardy has suffered from for some time. It is a testament to Vardy that he has scored so many goals when the service has not been consistent.

10 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Struggling with the physicality in the Premier League again. He needs to bulk up and add a bit of shithousery to his game. He’s got a lot to do to fill Vardy’s boots, particularly this element. It’s too easy for matip and VVD.

I have watched Vardy have games like that time and again. Very difficult to play up front in that kind of situation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I have watched Vardy have games like that time and again. Very difficult to play up front in that kind of situation.

He’s had those traits in every Premier League game has played in this season not just tonight. He has a real eye for a goal but there’s no physicality, he generally gives defenders an easy game, gets out muscled and gets knocked off/loses the ball with regularity. I was naively hoping he’d be a Vardy who might be better at looking after the ball (not one of Vardy’s strengths) who might do the dirty work almost as well as our legendary striker but what he appears to be (at the moment) is someone who gets on the end of things effectively but not much else. 

• Like 2

He's definitely a good prospect, I think people saying he'll never replace our greatest ever player are giving him too high a bar to measure him against, I think he can become a very good Premier League striker.

Right now, Vardy should still clearly be ahead of him in the pecking order and I still very much expect Vardy to be starting again as soon as he's fit again though.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1