Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

9 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Trevor Chalobah is not a 'Prem experienced £50m+ player'.

He's bought in the likes of Soumare/Daka, so he needs to use them.

Kovacic/Pulisic were not 'Prem experienced £50m+ players', they were signed from abroad, and had never played in this league.

ACL injuries can actually be heavily influenced by fatigue.

So unlike yourself, I don't see it as a coincidence that two of our least rested players, suffered such an injury.

How about Ndidi being rushed back? Evans? Soyuncu missed a few weeks last season, was brought back, and had to go off injured the same game again.

Claiming Rodgers hasn't increased our injury problems, is just false.

But they are prem experienced players now? Or has Kovacic not been at Chelsea since 2018, Pulisic since 2019 and Havertz not just finished a full season? Chalobah has also played a full season of top tier french football

They can, but those particular injuries were due to the players landing in awkwards positions which itself would have been very likely to cause the injury to any player.

I never claimed Rodgers hasn't increased our injury problems, I simply stated that you cannot blame EVERY injury we get on him.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, FoxyLeon said:

Trevor Chalobah is not a 'Prem experienced £50m+ player'.

He's bought in the likes of Soumare/Daka, so he needs to use them.

Kovacic/Pulisic were not 'Prem experienced £50m+ players', they were signed from abroad, and had never played in this league.

The weren't but in your example you are comparing Tuchel to Rodgers this season not when Chelsea brought them. 

Kovaic has played 90 PL games, and Pulisic PL 50 games before this season.............

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

`cheers mate. I haven't got a clue how to download videos from Instagram or twitter!

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

But they are prem experienced players now? Or has Kovacic not been at Chelsea since 2018, Pulisic since 2019 and Havertz not just finished a full season?

They can, but those particular injuries were due to the players landing in awkwards positions which itself would have been very likely to cause the injury to any player.

I never claimed Rodgers hasn't increased our injury problems, I simply stated that you cannot blame EVERY injury we get on him.

I haven't blamed 'every' injury....I've already stated the Fofana one was a complete freak accident.

But ACL injuries, particularly caused when landing, are hugely influenced by fatigue. Also, ACL injury then can cause muscle weakness itself, especially causing future hamstring issues.

I can remember Ndidi being injured, I think it was Rodgers's first full season, around Jan/Feb time, and we thought he would be out for months....

He was back within a few weeks, and didn't look right at all.

Soyuncu was rushed back last year, and got injured straight away.

Evans had the issue with his back, and injured it again his first game back.

Justin played pretty much every week last season, in all competitions, there's little doubt in my mind that made his leg weaker.

Look at this season....Vestegaard had no pre-season, was rushed back to a full intensity Wolves game, and training, and has been unavailable since.

The problem is, when you rush players back, and they get re-injured and are out longer, you then have to select other players more often and are unable to rotate.....

Resulting in more injuries.

Lets see what happens against Napoli.

He needs to rotate there.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I haven't blamed 'every' injury....I've already stated the Fofana one was a complete freak accident.

But ACL injuries, particularly caused when landing, are hugely influenced by fatigue. Also, ACL injury then can cause muscle weakness itself, especially causing future hamstring issues.

I can remember Ndidi being injured, I think it was Rodgers's first full season, around Jan/Feb time, and we thought he would be out for months....

He was back within a few weeks, and didn't look right at all.

Soyuncu was rushed back last year, and got injured straight away.

Evans had the issue with his back, and injured it again his first game back.

Justin played pretty much every week last season, in all competitions, there's little doubt in my mind that made his leg weaker.

Look at this season....Vestegaard had no pre-season, was rushed back to a full intensity Wolves game, and training, and has been unavailable since.

The problem is, when you rush players back, and they get re-injured and are out longer, you then have to select other players more often and are unable to rotate.....

Resulting in more injuries.

Lets see what happens against Napoli.

He needs to rotate there.

Anything to back up your comments about ACL injuries as i would be interested in reading them... We have the best doctors and facilities in the world but no one knows how the human body will react until they are tested. 

Not sure i would class the Wolves game as intense to be fair and the fact he was at the Euros with Denmark and had similar pre seasons to a massive percentage of the premier league i don't think Rogers can be blamed. 

We need to play full strength against Napoli if we want to progress. We need to get the points on the board early and then rotate when the season gets more intense. Some of these players have played 3 (max 4) competitive games in the past 10 weeks or so they need match fitness not a rest!

26 minutes ago, turlo said:

`cheers mate. I haven't got a clue how to download videos from Instagram or twitter!

I use this website to download from Instgram https://www.storysaver.net/

Then use this website to crop the videos quickly (they usually get posted on Instagram with the video in the centre and a lot of empty space above and below the video) https://clideo.com/

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Is that Soumaré who crosses it to him? Lovely technique for that too - can see a bit more of the build up in the tweet below

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Anything to back up your comments about ACL injuries as i would be interested in reading them... We have the best doctors and facilities in the world but no one knows how the human body will react until they are tested. 

Not sure i would class the Wolves game as intense to be fair and the fact he was at the Euros with Denmark and had similar pre seasons to a massive percentage of the premier league i don't think Rogers can be blamed. 

We need to play full strength against Napoli if we want to progress. We need to get the points on the board early and then rotate when the season gets more intense. Some of these players have played 3 (max 4) competitive games in the past 10 weeks or so they need match fitness not a rest!

But how do you know that 'full strength against Napoli', wouldn't include rotation?

For me, given their experience of Europe, 'Full strength' would mean Rodgers finding a place for Daka and Soumare.

• Like 1

On 09/09/2021 at 15:08, moore_94 said:

Looked offside to me. Don't they have VAR at Seagrave? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Must wonder what the **** he has to do to even get a few minutes on the pitch.

Never helps when circumstances mean your CB can only manage 60 minutes. I think he would have been on if that wasn't the case. Fully expect him to start on Thursday night

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He'll start on Thursday against Napoli. Book it.

I think for the sake of his mentality that's almost a must at this point, whether Rodgers intends to take Europa more seriously than he did last season or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3