Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Playing devil advocate

So he getting the best out of them asking them to play that way or not?

Would you prefer them to be more involved and have worse numbers?

Vardy second highest assist total in the PL last season.

He's not. They are quality strikers and excellent finishers. 

We generally should be creating more chances and playing higher up the pitch. No striker of ours should be isolated for long periods of matches. I don't see how giving them more support and more opportunities would bring worse numbers.

If we aren't going to defend properly we have to create serious amounts of chances.

Neither Daka nor Iheanacho can play as lone strikers, even Vardy struggles for service in that role. It's as clear as the hole in your arse, yet we seem hell bent on this 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 hybrid thing that isolates all of them. I don't know if it's because personnel that he's given up on it but wqe can't go another 17 games hoping it will somehow just happen for us.

• Like 2

On 11/02/2022 at 15:11, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How many times since Rogers has been here has Vardy been absolutely anonymous for 90 minutes? I remember a spell last season of at least a month where he never got involved in games at all. It's how Rogers wants him to play. I think Daka was misused badly, it's like Rodgers is an idiot sometimes. 

Fixed for you.

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Neither Daka nor Iheanacho can play as lone strikers, even Vardy struggles for service in that role. It's as clear as the hole in your arse, yet we seem hell bent on this 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 hybrid thing that isolates all of them. I don't know if it's because personnel that he's given up on it but wqe can't go another 17 games hoping it will somehow just happen for us.

I think you're wrong, I remember when we were saying the same about vardy 

Couldn’t believe Rodgers didn’t drag him, he was really poor today and offered absolutely no threat whatsoever. Thought he also started to look really leggy from about 55mins too.

I was saying he should have been the final sub and either bring Nacho on, or if BR wanted a bit more defensive cover could have pushed Barnes up top and bought Albrighton on.

Hopefully BR isn’t gonna run Daka into the ground too after he’s recently ish come back from injury. 

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

He’s definitely has shown promise but I’m not so sure how he’s ahead of Iheanacho in the pecking order. 

....if you put Nacho in the same position you would get the same result!!!

Rodgers does not trust Nacho and for some insane reason, keeps playing him upfront on his own. It does not work, has not worked and will never work. He played with Vardy as a two last season with Vardy effectively becoming the provider and it worked well, I do not understand why Rodgers then seeks to play him in as a lone striker.

We have watched for sometime how Vardy has suffered with lack of supply and it is his own mercurial skills that has enabled him to score the goals that he has. This does come back to Rodgers and his inability to learn.

There is a trait with people suffering from ADHD, it is that they have a poor short term memory and will repeat errors even though the consequences have been pointed out and explained to them. You start to wonder, why, when things are so obvious and warrants addressing, he continues to do the same thing, seemingly oblivious of the outcome.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Out of everyone in the squad I probably feel for Patson the most. He's clearly been brought in as the heir to the throne but he's getting absolutely no service. We've had games where JV, with all his PL experience has had the same lack of service and disappears in a game. Patson is essentially trying to adapt to the league without ever getting a decent ball.

Easy to say that but, but I definitely feel like we’ve lost a spark going forward since Vardy got injured. Of course there were games where Vardy struggled too, but overall we haven’t had the same attacking spark since Vardy’s injury.

Whether that’s because the creative players don’t know Daka’s game yet or Vardy is better feeding off the scraps than almost anyone.

Vardy was hands down our best player this season before his injury and was only being outscored by Salah at the time.

Still think Daka will be a very good player in the future, but I don’t think it’s just about service and we really are missing Vardy right now.

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

He wasn’t substituted yesterday because BR wanted to rest Kelechi as he will start on Thursday. 

Can’t believe we have some ‘fans’ writing off Daka already. The guy has been great. I hate this forum 😂 

Ok I don't agree with him being written off early... but yesterday he was very poor. For whatever reason he fell over many times and other times he was too easily pushed off the ball. This is a worry because in the PL once a players weaknesses are exposed you can bet they will be mercilessly exploited and the PL is probably the most physical league in the world. I am not saying he can't work on these weaknesses but until he does i can't see him being a success in the PL (IMHO).   

We had 2 shots on target yesterday, no striker is going to look good in a team as dysfunctional as us right now. We know these are good players so it’s down to the coaching and management.

Daka won’t shine in a team that struggles to do anything well.

• Like 4