Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

He's not a hold up man he needs support. I think there was a couple of occasions when there centre back was all over him and the ref gave nothing. In the first half he rarely got in the box and hung outside the box because we weren't getting balls in. Second half KDH and Barnes for the most part were whipping balls in and he was getting in to areas where he should be not with his back to goal trying to hold play up with a 6ft 5 defender on his back.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

We had 2 shots on target yesterday, no striker is going to look good in a team as dysfunctional as us right now. We know these are good players so it’s down to the coaching and management.

Daka won’t shine in a team that struggles to do anything well.

So its Rodgers fault we didn't get the other 11 on target?

46 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So its Rodgers fault we didn't get the other 11 on target?

How many were good chances? 

We had 0.55 non penalty xg yesterday so 0.05xg/shot which is absolutely honking when the average shot is about 0.1 (IIRC). We had so few shots on target yesterday, not as a result of wayward shooting but because we can hardly create decent chances at the moment.

We're 12th for shots p90 and 7th for shots on target p90, we're a clinical side and it's a good job because we don't create an abundance of good chances, certainly not an amount befitting our player quality.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Easy to say that but, but I definitely feel like we’ve lost a spark going forward since Vardy got injured. Of course there were games where Vardy struggled too, but overall we haven’t had the same attacking spark since Vardy’s injury.

Whether that’s because the creative players don’t know Daka’s game yet or Vardy is better feeding off the scraps than almost anyone.

Vardy was hands down our best player this season before his injury and was only being outscored by Salah at the time.

Still think Daka will be a very good player in the future, but I don’t think it’s just about service and we really are missing Vardy right now.

Like someone else said JV has the PL experience and can pull something out of the bag to save us every now and then. That still hasn't stopped him from going missing in games without a decent supply line, he just has the savvy and knowledge.

Daka seems to have that je ne sais quoi like Vardy (especially after seeing his goal reel from Austria) where he'll always find a way to score (be it the odd worldy long shot or the messy poacher tap in) he just needs to get a handle on the league. I don't think the way we're playing at the moment is helping him do that, rather than him being particularly poor.

I've seen a few comparisons to Musa which I find enraging.

41 minutes ago, Stadt said:

How many were good chances? 

We had 0.55 non penalty xg yesterday so 0.05xg/shot which is absolutely honking when the average shot is about 0.1 (IIRC). We had so few shots on target yesterday, not as a result of wayward shooting but because we can hardly create decent chances at the moment.

We're 12th for shots p90 and 7th for shots on target p90, we're a clinical side and it's a good job because we don't create an abundance of good chances, certainly not an amount befitting our player quality.

What were West Ham's?

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What were West Ham's?

Not the discussion we were having though, I'm not concerned about West Ham's capability of creating good chances.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

I just wish the bloke sitting near me would stop calling him ‘Datsun’.  And he’s being serious.

Bloke near me always called “Dabizas” “Dabitaz” all the time he was here. I think some people like to play deliberate ignorance with foreign names sometimes.

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Not the discussion we were having though, I'm not concerned about West Ham's capability of creating good chances.

Was just interest for context, it was a tight game, with little to give from both sides. 

Both side struggled to create clear cut chances 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol the clearest sign someone has lost an argument these days, move them goal posts haha.

Does every discussion need to be a argument?

Just thought it was a tight game with both sides give little away, so was just interested in what West Ham was. 

I thought our second half performance was pretty decent, one of the best we have had for a while. First half was was poor thou.  

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

We had 2 shots on target yesterday, no striker is going to look good in a team as dysfunctional as us right now. We know these are good players so it’s down to the coaching and management.

Daka won’t shine in a team that struggles to do anything well.

He's not strong enough to play on his own. He gets knocked off the ball so easy. Not just yesterday either, but all games. Sanchez, Van Dijk, Dawson, they all ease him off the ball so easy.

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Was just interest for context, it was a tight game, with little to give from both sides. 

Both side struggled to create clear cut chances 

Does every discussion need to be a argument?

Just thought it was a tight game with both sides give little away, so was just interested in what West Ham was. 

I thought our second half performance was pretty decent, one of the best we have had for a while. First half was was poor thou.  

Discussion is probably a fairer work, i'll give you that :D

Our second half was probably the most dangerous we've looked in the league since the Man Utd game. We didn't create much but it was nice to see us having dangerous attack after dangerous attack rather than relying on a flukey counter attack every 5-10 minutes.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Discussion is probably a fairer work, i'll give you that :D

Our second half was probably the most dangerous we've looked in the league since the Man Utd game. We didn't create much but it was nice to see us having dangerous attack after dangerous attack rather than relying on a flukey counter attack every 5-10 minutes.

It was the most enjoyable half for a long time.

Was great to see Barnes pin his ears back and run at his fullback until he had to be sub, Riccardo on the other side look like the old Riccy.

West Ham are a good side, lets be honest people were expect us to lose comfortably.

BR need to find a way of bring that City to the field more often, whether he can is another debate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I've seen you say this a few times now and I have to disagree. Those players are all considerably stronger than 90% of forwards in the league. It's only an issue when he's hugely isolated, we create very little centrally partial because we don't have any players in close enough proximity to him most of the time. Maddison and KDH should have been close enough for combination play yesterday but they were too far most of the time.

We could have had any number of physical strikers yesterday and they would have struggled without any support near them. bringing Iheanacho on for Maddison would have helped us keep the ball up the pitch and bring Daka into the fray.

That would have been my choice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It was the most enjoyable half for a long time.

Was great to see Barnes pin his ears back and run at his fullback until he had to be sub, Riccardo on the other side look like the old Riccy.

West Ham are a good side, lets be honest people were expect us to lose comfortably.

BR need to find a way of bring that City to the field more often, whether he can is another debate. 

I was surprised how poor West Ham were, I really thought they'd go for us once they scored the first, but they just kind of sat off and watched us pass the ball between our defence.

Can't imagine Wolves will afford us the same luxury, so will be interesting to see how next Sunday goes.

• Like 1

I was surprised how poor West Ham were, I really thought they'd go for us once they scored the first, but they just kind of sat off and watched us pass the ball between our defence.

Think they maybe running out of steam a little, like us, I'm not sure they have the depth last season, I'm not sure they have the depth for the PL, EL and FA Cup.

Can't imagine Wolves will afford us the same luxury, so will be interesting to see how next Sunday goes.

Conceded first against Wolves and its game over, they are an impressive unit. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I've seen you say this a few times now and I have to disagree. Those players are all considerably stronger than 90% of forwards in the league. It's only an issue when he's hugely isolated, we create very little centrally partial because we don't have any players in close enough proximity to him most of the time. Maddison and KDH should have been close enough for combination play yesterday but they were too far most of the time.

We could have had any number of physical strikers yesterday and they would have struggled without any support near them. bringing Iheanacho on for Maddison would have helped us keep the ball up the pitch and bring Daka into the fray.

Tbf we don't have players near him which is an issue but keeping the ball up top is an issue for us.