Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

keeping the ball up top is an issue for us.

Only because we have a habit of going about it in a stupid way. What the fvck are we firing the ball in to his feet for with his back to goal and a defender right on his heels? It's stupid.

We need to be bringing the ball out wide, building up through the full backs and the wide players or putting balls in to the channels for him to chase.

The last few games we've been trying to play "off" Daka by using him as a hold up player which isn't his fault, it's the team's/manager's. It's completely moronic. He's not Steve Howard.

We immediately improved yesterday when we stepped up the urgency, started building like "proper" Leicester and putting some good moves together. The move for Ricardo's goal was absolutely sensational and didn't rely on expecting Daka to hold up play.

Edited by Finnegan

Just now, Finnegan said:

Only because we have a habit of going about it in a stupid way. What the fvck are we firing the ball in to his feet for with his back to goal and a defender right on his heels? It's stupid.

We need to be bringing the ball out wide, building up through the full backs and the wide players or putting balls in to the channels for him to chase.

The last few games we've been trying to play "off" Daka by using him as a hold up player which isn't his fault, it's the team's/manager's. It's completely moronic. He's not Steve Howard.

Agree he's not a target man but when the ball isn't held up and it keeps coming back we're just under more and more pressure. I still think he needs someone at the side of him to do this.

It's different with Vardy, maybe because he has more experience, but he can also hold the ball or just knock it to Maddison or whoever where as with Daka a lot of the time I see the centre back getting there first.

I said before I liked his movement but yesterday I didn't, there were a couple of times he was running with Barnes and not taking the defender the other way.

I think Daka struggling is not a poor reflection on him, but instead shows how good Vardy actually is at creating high quality chances for himself through his movement. Our side is built around trying to open up the opposition and find the perfect pass, which is hard to pull off in most games unless our striker has exceptional movement which Vardy does, Daka's movement is good but he will thrive much more if we stop trying to score the perfect goal and instead try and create a large quantity of chances, i guarantee if things get scrappy Daka will be the one stood in the right place to poke any loose balls into the goal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm getting so fvcking bored of hearing people saying he's not strong or not strong enough. 

His game isn't supposed to be holding off massive centre backs. He's not Romelu Lukaku. People are expecting him to be able to out-muscle Virgil van Dijk or Issa Diop. These guys are fvcking massive, they're both like 6' 4", 200lb centre backs. Do you think Vardy would be barging these guys off the ball? How often do you see Vardy get the ball with his back to goal and shield it, hold it up like - say - Nacho does?

Daka = Vardy. I mean, like for like they have phenomenally similar styles. It's why we signed him. Vardy's a bit more aggressive, yes, but conversely I'd say Daka's build-up play is probably a little better.

But otherwise, Daka is very similar - he's a guy that's often going to get very, very few touches in a game and then pop up with a goal. How many times over the years have we heard, repeatedly, people claiming that Vardy's having a bad game because he's gone 80 minutes with the least touches of anyone on the pitch and then bam - goal.

Daka is a poacher. He's one of the best finishers I think I've seen at this club, he's immense, needs a half chance and he'll get a good shot off with either foot. But we actually need to create those chances for him.

Where he does need to improve and where he comfortably isn't at Vardy's level yet is his movement off the ball. There were a few times yesterday where he didn't quite seem to get a handle on the run he should be making (not helped, IMO, by some pretty poor delivery to him) but Vardy had to learn that too. Vards was considerably older when he started banging them in in the Prem for us than Daka is now. 

Looking at some stats and Daka profiles a lot like Danny Ings of 2 or 3 years ago. Which for a player at 23 in a new league is actually a lot more exciting than it sounds lol 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Looking at some stats and Daka profiles a lot like Danny Ings of 2 or 3 years ago. Which for a player at 23 in a new league is actually a lot more exciting than it sounds lol 

Many players  from europe really struggle with The PL - soumare and daka included.  They are both making progress.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

600 minutes in the PL, which is 6.67 whole matches.

4 goals and 3 assist is pretty decent 

Pretty sure he has the highest rate of (or very close to) goals/assists per 90 in the league (players with 6 or more goals/assists)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Many players  from europe really struggle with The PL - soumare and daka included.  They are both making progress.

I honestly don't even think Daka is struggling all that much. Yes, he's come off worse in a few physical challenges lately but he's also cropped up with his first few Premier League goals.

He's started 6 Premier League games this season and has 4 goals and 3 assists. If that's struggling, I'd love to see him on fire.

Unfortunately for him he just so happens to be playing at the moment at a time when the squad's morale is cripplingly low and form across the board is garbage. It's not exactly like he's got great supply from all over the park. If we could persist in playing every game like we did in that 30 minute spell after half time yesterday then he'd be scoring for fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I think Daka is doing incredibly well. Scored quite a few goals for a newbie striker who is still adapting to the league. It's mostly the delivery to him that's the problem, not Patson himself. 

• Like 2