Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No one knows if daka had missed some training ….. Rodgers obviously saw a reason to play lookman as a false 9 for ten minutes …. No one else did ! 

We’ve seen some bizarre rodgers substitutions in the past but this one definitely gets the award for most bizarre- then he compounds it by putting lookman out on right which he simply cannot play at all in anyway - apart from that we did pretty well - beautiful to see fofana and evans back - pair of rolls royces those 2

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No one knows if daka had missed some training ….. Rodgers obviously saw a reason to play lookman as a false 9 for ten minutes …. No one else did 

Probably trying to make himself look like the sagely professor of football again, auditioning himself as Pep's successor at Man City? 🤣

I'd have thought replacing Barnes with Ademola and Iheanacho with Daka would have been more logical. Barnes wasn't having the greatest of games in fairness and the repetitive tippy tappy triangles on the left had become so bloody obvious to the PSV defence it was virtually pointless. Agreed a change in players needed to happen but also the samey tactics. No real effort to win the game second half, more making sure we didn't lose. An opportunity lost. A lack of ambition and creative management from Rodgers again for me.

Edited by volpeazzurro

Daka is sort of reminding me of Joelinton at the moment, absolute devastating at his old club, but seemingly playing against his strengths and needs time to adjust to the league. Good player in there but we really need to start getting the most out of him in the next few months given the fact Vardy probably has 1 season left in him at this level. Really don't want to go into next season where we are still waiting for him to hit top gear, we waited for Iheanacho for multiple seasons and he's still missing really good chances albeit he's a good all round player now. We need a Vardy replacement and atm Daka is showing glimpses but he's nowhere near that level yet. 

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Probably trying to make himself look like the sagely professor of football again, auditioning himself as Pep's successor at Man City? 🤣

I'd have thought replacing Barnes with Ademola and Iheanacho with Daka would have been more logical. Barnes wasn't having the greatest of games in fairness and the repetitive tippy tappy triangles on the left had become so bloody obvious to the PSV defence it was virtually pointless. Agreed a change in players needed to happen but also the samey tactics. No real effort to win the game second half, more making sure we didn't lose. An opportunity lost. A lack of ambition and creative management from Rodgers again for me.

He listened to Peps comments about overthinking his tactics and took them seriously!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Umm I think we're kidding ourselves if we think he's a like for like replacement for Vardy.

The reality is no one will be a like for like replacement for Vards imo. just got to figure out how we can replace his output in terms of goals and assists and then edge he gives us 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

think Daka has got a bundle of talent to uncover but it has to be extracted by the right person in the right way. Some players take a long time to settle in to be fair so I hope it's just that and we don't ruin him. I think he'd be well suited to Liverpool's style of play.

It won't be "we" who will ruin him. It will be one man only. This is what you get when recruitment teams impose players on coaches. I don't think any player should be bought as in investment opportunity , they must fit the overall pattern. Trying to make them into something that fits that pattern is difficult and often fails. Daka is a fast raiding attacker like Thierry Henry not a "fox in the box". Vardy has adapted to high line tactics well but Daka may not. They only way to find out is to start him and let him try ,we will never find out while he sits on the bench.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It won't be "we" who will ruin him. It will be one man only. This is what you get when recruitment teams impose players on coaches. I don't think any player should be bought as in investment opportunity , they must fit the overall pattern. Trying to make them into something that fits that pattern is difficult and often fails. Daka is a fast raiding attacker like Thierry Henry not a "fox in the box". Vardy has adapted to high line tactics well but Daka may not. They only way to find out is to start him and let him try ,we will never find out while he sits on the bench.

Yes, I entirely agree with you but I think we have quite a number of players now that would be better served by playing another style other than Rodger's way. I do have to be honest though in that I'm one of those who think that both Rodgers and his philosophy are very flawed. 

I think that buying some players as investment opportunities has to be a strategy for a club like Leicester whether we like it or not to both survive and try and be successful at the same time. The  same strategy has served Dortmund quite well but they are of course much further down the line.

I also think that a good coach should be able to adapt styles to the players he has available to him also. It is after all about winning games and not being an individual manager admired for a particular style or philosophy, the club comes first, not the manager. 

The days of Barcelona and their previous style are well gone, it was also, in any case, very dependent upon a special set of players that came together at a particular time. Even then, as good as it was, nothing lasts forever. I remember Beckenbauer saying that they took what Barcelona and Madrid were doing but added strength and physicality to beat them and it worked. Styles should not stay still or they die. Rodgers is very one dimensional and reluctant to change. 

We won the Premiership with a style that suited a particular set of players at a particular moment in time and we didn’t have a huge cheque book. I think we can be successful again relatively, but it has to be in our own way, there's no point in copying say a Manchester City if you can't buy the same ready made standard of expensive players. You can incorporate some of their good points though.

I don't see Rodgers as being the man wanting or being capable of doing that though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

I will raise you Kante's first season he struggled to start with but once he got a run of games we all know what happened. 

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The man never, ever struggled.

Managed to win the league a bit.

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Loving how some people are giving Daka less time than Vardy got and expecting more from him in a  shorter period of time. 

:nigel:

Yes but these same people didn't give Vardy any time either and wanted to sell him to West Brom for 5 million

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Loving how some people are giving Daka less time than Vardy got and expecting more from him in a  shorter period of time. 

:nigel:

I am all for giving him more time - on the pitch. If he doesn't start when Vardy is injured. summats up.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is rightfully third choice this season, why would he usurp Kelechi’s position?

You can be sure we didn't tell him that before he signed. Sitting on the bench or doing cameos until he is 24 or 5 wasn't in his career plan.

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You can be sure we didn't tell him that before he signed. Sitting on the bench or doing cameos until he is 24 or 5 wasn't in his career plan.

Rodgers said at the start for the season for both Daka and Soumare that this would be a season of adaptation for them and just a chance for them to get used to the pace of the league, and that he was relaxed about their development.

I can be sure Daka will not have been told that he would be starting more games ahead of Vardy and Nacho this season.

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is rightfully third choice this season, why would he usurp Kelechi’s position?

....if Daka showed more application upfront, I am sure Rodgers would put him ahead of Nacho!!!

Rodgers at present has little option than to use Nacho upfront, he doesn't really trust him and only have another striker who seems to be overwhelmed in his present environment. De Ketelaere might be the one who comes in and gives Rodgers 7 & 8s in games, if there is to be a rebuild, then Nacho is going.

30 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if Daka showed more application upfront, I am sure Rodgers would put him ahead of Nacho!!!

Rodgers at present has little option than to use Nacho upfront, he doesn't really trust him and only have another striker who seems to be overwhelmed in his present environment. De Ketelaere might be the one who comes in and gives Rodgers 7 & 8s in games, if there is to be a rebuild, then Nacho is going.

Not sure about that as Kelechi cost about the same as Daka, Kelechi scored 12 goals? last season, is the more experienced, so no idea why Daka would be ahead of Kelechi just yet.

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure about that as Kelechi cost about the same as Daka, Kelechi scored 12 goals? last season, is the more experienced, so no idea why Daka would be ahead of Kelechi just yet.

....not about the individual price, just that Rodgers has little option than to play Nacho, a player who he does not entirely trust!!!

Daka does not have to be anything too special, but be consistent, and follow instructions for Rodgers to turn to him, instead of Nacho.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1