Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

You can tell he is lacking confidence at the moment, everything is bouncing off him.

Earlier on in the season he has shown enough to suggest his link up and hold up play is decent. Apart from the Spartak game I’d say the Newcastle home game was his best performance for us, played a decent one-two with Maddison for Maddison’s goal, so I’m sure will come good eventually.

The main area for me he needs to improve is his physicality, too easy for defenders to brush him off the ball, but I’m sure a season in the PL will help him 

• Like 1

I think Patson starts tomorrow so it’s a big opportunity for him to stake his claim (I think BR will bench Nacho so he’s fresh for PSV).

Like some have said, it would have been a real kick in the teeth for him on Thursday night with Lookman coming on in front of him, but I must admit, even as a Patson fan, his form has fell off a cliff since his promising start.

I think it was Watford at home in the FA Cup where we didn’t play with a recognised striker and Lookman, Madders interchanged up the top end and it worked really well (although Watford are dog muck). I think the initial decision on Thursday reflects where Patson’s confidence levels are at the moment, hopefully he can start to turn the corner tomorrow if given the opportunity.

• Like 2

I have no doubts Patson will come good. The experiences he’s had this season will be invaluable heading into next. 

Hopefully he gets a good pre-season behind him and gets firing next season - let’s not forget a certain Jamie Vardy really struggled in his first season, and that was the championship.

• Like 2

someone needs to show him videos of how Vardy shapes to make the rest play the ball over the top for him to chase it was on several times in situations Vardy's movement would have demanded it but he was static, overall I thought he had a solid game

Just now, majaco said:

He is going to be outstanding. 

He does some stuff badly.  But he's a goal scorer lacking confidence.   It will.turn round.

Hope so ..... But getting worried he struggled today.

Doesn't seem to get into the game and doesn't get the balls that Vardy does. Maybe the other players aren't used to passing to him...he doesn't seem to make the runs like Vardy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1