Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

32 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

someone needs to show him videos of how Vardy shapes to make the rest play the ball over the top for him to chase it was on several times in situations Vardy's movement would have demanded it but he was static, overall I thought he had a solid game

....he isn't Vardy, so why are we teaching him to play that way!!!

We knew how he played when we brought him in, why hold back his development by coaching him to play against his style. There are movements that you learn on the training pitch and hope to bring to the game on a weekend.

Vardy started out playing wide when he came here, made the right decisions but the other players were not reading him, the change of position was a godsend. If we are looking at comparing Vardy's start to Nacho, then that is difficult as Nacho was brought in to play alongside Vardy, received a long lay off at the start, and we had by now established Vardy as a lone striker. Nacho was not getting a look in, and never impressed when asked to play as a lone striker when the opportunity arose.

10 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I'm not sure what other people are seeing. He was decent today.  Pressed high, won a few lose balls, had an assist (good awareness to slide the ball to KDH instead of having a shot). He also took up some dangerous positions but the ball didn't fall to him. Yes he's no Jamie Vardy but he's new to this league and has already scored a few goals in the premier league and a few more in Europe. To compare him to Soumare is an insult. 

Fans of this club have a habit of writing players off very quickly, we did it with Vardy, Nacho, Barnes (to an extent) Soyunchu and even Maddison. I’ve done it myself. Fortunately the club have a pretty good record and there aren’t many bombed out that end up coming back to haunt us.

I think Daka will come good, he definitely has the ability but he just needs a bit luck and it to click at the right time.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Secured an assist today. With Lookman, stretched the play, letting KDH and Madders have all the space they wanted. Was first to at least three of four loose balls.

A little like Vardy he doesn't hold the ball up well, so if he's not receiving through balls he can look like a passenger. But he, along with Lookmam who also has pace, occupied their backline well. He's no Jamie Vardy yet but he's scored some decent goals already. The one against Villa, dribbling past three players and then coolly slotting home, was pure class.

Maybe you all are right. He might not make it. But I don't understand how people don't see his potential, nor a lot of the hard and thankless work he does off the ball. 

Hate to tell you this, but he didn't get an assist today - it came off Maddison.

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Hate to tell you this, but he didn't get an assist today - it came off Maddison.

I just looked and I don't think it did clip Madders but even if that's the case, I think he was passing to KDH. The result, regardless, was a dangerous ball across the box that was subsequently scored off.

Daka has five goals in Europe. Four goals and three assists in 17 games in the Premier League. My god. That's terrible? He's doing way better than I thought he would be. 

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he isn't Vardy, so why are we teaching him to play that way!!!

We knew how he played when we brought him in, why hold back his development by coaching him to play against his style. There are movements that you learn on the training pitch and hope to bring to the game on a weekend.

Vardy started out playing wide when he came here, made the right decisions but the other players were not reading him, the change of position was a godsend. If we are looking at comparing Vardy's start to Nacho, then that is difficult as Nacho was brought in to play alongside Vardy, received a long lay off at the start, and we had by now established Vardy as a lone striker. Nacho was not getting a look in, and never impressed when asked to play as a lone striker when the opportunity arose.

Vardy wasn't Vardy when we signed him, his style of play has developed and improved over the years through coaching, Patson learning from what Vardy does being one of the best around isn't a bad thing its adding a string to Daka's bow that currently isn't there

He’s very raw and massively down on confidence at the minute. First touch is poor and that general ability to hold the ball up and link up play just isn’t there.

That being said, you know there’s a player in there. As others have said hopefully he can pick a few bits up off Vards and also beef up a little bit. He’ll get there. 

....we don't play with the balls into the channels, but it would be a good way to keep him engaged in the games and an outlet ball for us!!!

So long as we are playing a highline, and having people around him to slip him in, one touch shoot, that's what he wants to do, get on the end of things. He needs to hold the ball up and wait for support, or even take on a defender, have a go at beating them or at least backing them up into their box.

He needs to get a foothold into games where he leaves some kind of imprint on the match, and not be so isolated upfront.

3 hours ago, Tanya said:

I'm not sure what other people are seeing. He was decent today.  Pressed high, won a few lose balls, had an assist (good awareness to slide the ball to KDH instead of having a shot). He also took up some dangerous positions but the ball didn't fall to him. Yes he's no Jamie Vardy but he's new to this league and has already scored a few goals in the premier league and a few more in Europe. To compare him to Soumare is an insult. 

Thank you, I thought he had an OK game, we just didn't get the ball to him in dangerous areas. Thomas crossed to him once in a good area but Lookman whiffed it before he could touch it.

• Like 1

Be staggered if a CF isn't on the agenda in a mini rebuild. Absolutely no way we can assume this guy will be effective enough to challenge top 6 spots. 

Vards days numbered, Kel is fine but we absolutely need someone in the summer to hit the ground running. May even pave the way for Daka to grab a few months away on loan playing regularly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He never moves!! He pressed a bit and did one or two half decent passes, fvck me I'd expect that as minimum in an under 10s game. Not impressed at all, most of his goals gave been tap ins, and he doesn't make runs so hardly sees any of the ball and never gets to use his pace. Very very poor and shows why Kel's has been playing every week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lets see if the club thinks he will make it. My guess is the club will get a new striker in just in case he doesn't make it. They certainly cannot afford to rely on him coming good for next season as yesterday proved he's nowhere near the standard for a prem striker. Lots of running around with no end product he looked like a little lost boy among men. Fingers crossed though he comes good and reaches his potential.

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Once he came off and Nacho came on their back line started to get a fair bit more time on the ball without his pressing

Pounced on the mistake from Guehi and did well for the 2nd goal

10 goals and 4 assists in all competitions, goal contribution every 116 minutes (Iheanacho - 108 mins, Vardy - 120 mins)

Doing perfectly fine for his first season

I thought he did well, too. His pressing was much better. I think both he and Nacho would benefit from playing together, though.

I see a lot of complaints on the forum (nothing new, I know), that seem to come down to: After less than a season without a regular run, and stepping up from the Austrian league, he is not yet Jamie Vardy in his prime! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1