Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

42 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Must wonder what the **** he has to do to even get a few minutes on the pitch.

He's behind one of the best Strikers in the league for the last 7 seasons and one who just had the season of his life.

I'm sure he was aware hard tough it was going to be to get in the side.

51 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You do realise we are only allowed 3 subs don’t you?

Kel is quite rightly ahead of him at the moment. He’ll get his chance

....he is right though...!!!

The fact that your CB is pulled for no obvious reason negates his opportunity to get on the pitch.

Previous games he could have and should have been given time on the park, but it seems that Rodgers has a plan, and I believe he will be the main man in Europe. 

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

The fact that your CB is pulled for no obvious reason negates his opportunity to get on the pitch.

Previous games he could have and should have been given time on the park, but it seems that Rodgers has a plan, and I believe he will be the main man in Europe. 

Vestergaard couldn’t play the full 90, had to be brought off

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

That looked like a planned substitution at 60 mins due to lack of fitness of both Vestegaard and Evans. Vestegaard was only back in training the week end joined us then has been injured. Could've done with Daka in the last 10 mins when Vardy tired but we ran out of subs

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

No obvious reason? Are you serious? You do watch the game? Surely anyone can see he only had 60 minutes in him? 
in the other games, he got 30 mins or so against West Ham.

Against Norwich, the injury to Ricardo meant we only had 2 subs, again Kel is correctly ahead of Daka at this stage and against Wolves we made the decision to shut up shop and bring on more defensive minded players.

We have a lot of games to play and Soumare and Daka will get minutes when Ndidi and Vardy are rested or unavailable- but for now will have to wait there turn.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Vetstegaard sub was planned as he’s still nursing the injury - he spent the rest of the match watching with an ice pack taped to his knee.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
On 08/09/2021 at 09:16, Col city fan said:

I think we have to be careful with Daka

I doubt he’s come here to warm the bench constantly and is a very good striker

I can see him becoming twitchy if he doesn’t get much game time 

1 minute ago, enmac said:

I know but we could have bought him for 14 M and sold him for 40 M next season. Mind you, I doubt that he'd ever get a game. 

Pretty sure we couldn't get him for that cheap, Celtic were specifically screwing us over when it came to him from what was reported

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure we couldn't get him for that cheap, Celtic were specifically screwing us over when it came to him from what was reported

....£14.67m looks like a bargain before he even kicked a ball this season!!!

Starnge that all the talk seemed to be centred around the £25m mark whenever we were linked.

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....£14.67m looks like a bargain before he even kicked a ball this season!!!

Starnge that all the talk seemed to be centred around the £25m mark whenever we were linked.

Rumoured that Celtic were trying to make us pay more due to Rodgers, and Edouard apparently wanted a bigger contract than Daka as well