Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Are you saying that you think he's good? That he played well at the weekend? That he's ever played well? The people I speak to we all have different opinions of course, I don't about you but if all the people you speak to agree with you then your life must be quite boring mate. The thing is the people I always talk to about footy think he's shite cos he's shite.

I don't think there's much point taking this any further.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

The only service he gets is when it gets lumped up to him with his back to goal.

Absolutely no idea why we are continuing to use him in this way.

I'm convinced he's got it. We just need to play him like we would play Vardy.

It's not the point, we can't use him in any way because he never makes any runs. Countless times on Sunday the midfield or even defenders were looking up and he was just stood amongst their defence. Make darting runs in behind come short, all things any prem striker does. Look at Kelechi, he might not be Drogba or Henry but at least he makes runs and causes problems. With Daka playing it's like we are playing with ten men.

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Doubt the club have that sort of money to burn. Even if we got 30m for Tielemans, with a replacement plus a winger and possibly even another centre half more of a priority, how much do you think they'd throw at yet another forward, the most sought after and expensive players in the market usually. Have you anyone in mind and how much?

I thought we were interested in a Swansea striker Piroe?

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Do you not think he has ever played well?

Not particularly no. I think he obviously took his goals well v Moscow and looked fairly promising early on as a sub. But in the games he's started he has been very poor, getting worse all the time. 99% of his goals have been tap ins an under 10 would score, he has a poor touch, poor awareness, lacks any sort of movement, and for someone supposedly quick doesn't really use his pace. His stats are padded by that Moscow game and some tap ins but let's be honest, he's been shite along with Soumare and the other tripe we bought in the summer. Should have integrated Mendy early season and not bought Soumare. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Play really well in a game, win, get 3 points, Rodgers rests players, no more injuries. All looking positive for Thursday.

But no let's have a moan about daka and the atmosphere this week.

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't think there's much point taking this any further.

I don't know why you're taking some sort of high ground about it, if you've actually got an argument why you think he's not rubbish or why on a fan opinion forum I can't say he's rubbish, I'd genuinely like to hear it.

• Like 1

Are we talking about Daka here or someone else?  I mean, surely people are talking about someone else when they say he’s never played well.  Or I’m with the Berenstain bears or something. 

anyway. I think the lad is great. He has loads of potential and a great eye for goal. Think he will be a top striker. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Play really well in a game, win, get 3 points, Rodgers rests players, no more injuries. All looking positive for Thursday.

But no let's have a moan about daka and the atmosphere this week.

The win was fantastic but Dakas performance is worrying moving forward. All our summer business was garbage, we cannot afford another off season like that again, and clearly there are threads about KDH and all the positives. This is a Daka thread and he was shite, if you don't want to read  it go on a different thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I don't know why you're taking some sort of high ground about it, if you've actually got an argument why you think he's not rubbish or why on a fan opinion forum I can't say he's rubbish, I'd genuinely like to hear it.

You can say he's rubbish, I never denied you that right. As for the rest, I think the other responses to you give you plenty of answers.

11 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I think this quote might come back to bite you on the bum

What you think he will turn into a good player? I'd love that to happen mate anything to help us win games, of honestly live nothing more. He just seems so so poor, like make a run mate or trap a ball please just show something.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

What you think he will turn into a good player? I'd love that to happen mate anything to help us win games, of honestly live nothing more. He just seems so so poor, like make a run mate or trap a ball please just show something.

Somehow.....I don't think so

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

You can say he's rubbish, I never denied you that right. As for the rest, I think the other responses to you give you plenty of answers.

Really bothers me this forum. So many clever clogs thinking they're all high and mighty. You still haven't offered any sort of counter argument at all.

• Like 1

Not suggesting he'll come good, but when I read some people's complaints I can't help be reminded of the comments people made when we signed a certain striker from a team who'd been in the conference the season before back in 2012. 

He was a waste of space. Only scored 5 goals in almost 30 appearances ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

His runs did seem okay, it was the one thing I liked about him.

Aside from that I do agree his control needs improving as well as his strength which I've mentioned before.

24 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Mate it's a football forum what do you expect, he's diabolical. I went to the match and thought he was shite yet again, I've been a fan for many years I can see when a player is shite or not. Everyone else around me and everyone I've spoken to since and many on this forum feel the same. He offers nothing at all.

That’s the problem with football forums players/managers/teams are either mustard or tripe there’s never any middle ground to account for human traits & real life circumstances.

Forums are to quick to write someone off, look at Rashford posters are now saying he’s Shite but he’s far from shite he’s just going through a tough time in what is probably a toxic environment + also due to his out of football activities taking more focus than he probably imagined.

Daka will come good once settled

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Not suggesting he'll come good, but when I read some people's complaints I can't help be reminded of the comments people made when we signed a certain striker from a team who'd been in the conference the season before back in 2012. 

He was a waste of space. Only scored 5 goals in almost 30 appearances ...

I know what you mean and there was a large contingent that didn't rate Vards. But there was also a healthy minority that did recognise it. I hate to be a smart arse but I knew we'd got a good un on his debut v (I think) Middlesbrough (at home, not away) in a  dull 0-0. I can clearly recall his delightful touch at high speed  (albeit followed by a rash shot but thinking, wow) 

I hate to say it with Daka, but I don't see the same level of rough diamond

• Like 1

It's all about confidence. I'm sure that's what Vardy and Kelechi will be telling Daka right now that he's got all the ingredients but just needs to be patient for a run of form to show how good he is. As other people on this thread have said, it wont be long before Daka's doubters are eating their words, we've seen what he can do when he has some momentum.

There's no denying he's looked less impressive in 2022 than he did in the fleeting appearances he had up to Xmas where Rodgers always paired him with another striker. However, he has had some good games for us and that's why I'm not yet concerned by his struggles.

I thought he played OK yesterday, him and KDH's pressing were largely the reason for our dominance in unsettling Palace and getting on the ball high up the pitch, he caused them problems all game off the ball. On the ball though he has seemingly hit a real iffy patch, he's snatching at things and often having air shots and his control and awareness of making paces seems rushed and panicky.

But he's shown he can finish, he's shown he can link the play in the 1st half of the season with some good team play and assists and so I'm of the opinion that Rodgers tries to play to his strengths a but more but maybe this is all part of the process that Rodgers has for Patson.