Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

I think he was trying to find KDH so a bit of a shame Patson got dudded out of an assist.

I hope he gets some gametime tonight. The game will likely be stretched (especially if it's still in the balance from the 60 minute mark). I'd love to hit PSV on the break, cheeky sucker punch goal 

I think we can all safely say he made that goal. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

I think we can all safely say he made that goal. 

KDH? Absolutely.  I just think Patson did a good thing pressuring the centreback and having the presence of mind not to shoot himself.

I agree Daka isn't playing as well as he was a few months ago, I just disagree with the people who say he doesn't have any potential for us going forward.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ronnup said:

The lad will come good, he's got all the natural attributes , he just needs to learn how to play our system and in our league, which is hard playing 1 minutes here and there. Patience 

We were patient with Vardy so let’s give this lad a chance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tanya said:

KDH? Absolutely.  I just think Patson did a good thing pressuring the centreback and having the presence of mind not to shoot himself.

I agree Daka isn't playing as well as he was a few months ago, I just disagree with the people who say he doesn't have any potential for us going forward.

No Daka. You were mentioning Daka got robbed of the assist, I'm saying that even if he didn't get the stat we can all agree it was his work that made it. 

He fought for the ball, had the composure to stop and turn to check for team mates and then picked out KDH, whether it took an inconsequential nick off Madders or not. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No Daka. You were mentioning Daka got robbed of the assist, I'm saying that even if he didn't get the stat we can all agree it was his work that made it. 

He fought for the ball, had the composure to stop and turn to check for team mates and then picked out KDH, whether it took an inconsequential nick off Madders or not. 

You're right. One thing he does have in common with Vardy: for a striker, he's quite unselfish 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tanya said:

You're right. One thing he does have in common with Vardy: for a striker, he's quite unselfish 

Massively. He reminds me of Vardy in almost every way really, just more rough around the edges which Vardy was himself when he was Dakas age. 

I'd say Daka is probably a more composed finisher off both feet but he doesn't have anywhere near the quality of Vardy's movement off the ball yet. 

But otherwise there's a lot of similarities in his game. You can see why we targeted him. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Also that miss should be a pen. I know they are never given but if you gamble as a defender to put off the striker and then make contact after the ball has gone, it has to be a foul.

I thought that if Daka had the nous of Vardy he would have known how to play for a stone-cold pen in that situation, and sussed it as the optimum ploy.  I'm sure he'll learn from Vardy on that and other points, and improve accordingly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

I thought that if Daka had the nous of Vardy he would have known how to play for a stone-cold pen in that situation, and sussed it as the optimum ploy.  I'm sure he'll learn from Vardy on that and other points, and improve accordingly.

I know I'm praising Daka to high heaven (and I concede a lot of the criticism of him are valid) he does seem awfully humble and willing to learn. And there's no one better than Jamie Vardy. He's a lucky boy to learn from the best.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

If he was playing week-in week out he’d have buried that chance

He snatched at it cos he’s rusty. A regular, on-form striker simply slots that away 

It must be difficult for him knowing he’s third choice at the moment 

If he doesn’t start playing more next season I think he’ll put in a transfer request 

Daka could become the real thing.   

I think we will sell Iheanacho who, for me, is too inconsistent.    If Rodgers is refreshing the squad, some have to go.  It is hard to see Bertrand, Vestegaard,  Choudhury and Perez being part of the squad next season.  Tielemans and Soyuncu could go.

Daka, with time, will suit our style of play.  He has pace and awareness.   As yet, he is not up to the pace of the Premier League but it is only a matter of time.

Iheanacho could raise funds.  Personally, I hope to see Daka start on Sunday.

5 hours ago, deep blue said:

I thought thats what he was going to do but never mind, he made decent space for himself a few times and with a bit more confidence he'll put these types of chances away.