Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Daka adds the same dimension as Vardy. Him, Lookman and Dewsbury Hall are a nightmare when they are pressing and it sets the tone for Maddison, Tielemans and the full backs to be confident enough to get high up the pitch which leads to better play. 

I'd start rotating, Iheanacho, Perez and Albrighton playing inside right for the rest of the season when Vardy isn't playing. Which allows Daka to press from the front.

It means only playing 2 of Tielemans, Mendy or KDH. In Europe that's no problem as mendy can't play. So might mean we have to rotate one of mendy, tielemans or Kdh out in the league 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, majaco said:

Daka could become the real thing.   

I think we will sell Iheanacho who, for me, is too inconsistent.    If Rodgers is refreshing the squad, some have to go.  It is hard to see Bertrand, Vestegaard,  Choudhury and Perez being part of the squad next season.  Tielemans and Soyuncu could go.

Daka, with time, will suit our style of play.  He has pace and awareness.   As yet, he is not up to the pace of the Premier League but it is only a matter of time.

Iheanacho could raise funds.  Personally, I hope to see Daka start on Sunday.

I agree on Choudhury, Perez, and Vestergaard. Bertrand, due to his injury, might be around, but I doubt he'll play and might be loaned out to "build fitness" as we actively look to shift him.

I could easily see Nacho going. Right now, I am cautiously optimistic about Youri and Cags: Not sure they will get a better contract offer than we have on the table.

I also think Amartey and Mendy could leave. If you are looking for a squad rebuild, they could be improved upon and a decision on the futures needs to be made, considering their contract situations.

Still not entirely sure why strikers don't back themselves more to go for the near post instead of the (arguably) less likely finish at the far post when a keeper narrows the angle. Both Daka and Barnes were guilty of it yesterday, will give Patson the benefit of the doubt though since he was being closed down well and forced into pulling the trigger.

Overall, he had a good game. More importantly than anything, the intelligence of his runs was a marked improvement on recent weeks.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, deep blue said:

I thought that if Daka had the nous of Vardy he would have known how to play for a stone-cold pen in that situation, and sussed it as the optimum ploy.  I'm sure he'll learn from Vardy on that and other points, and improve accordingly.

It was like he was copying Vardys Palace goal from other year, left footed put to the corner when there was time for a touch.

Showed confidence but not sure about nous...... Anyhow, alls well that ends well.

If I could graft a Vardy trait right now, it would be the snarl.

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

If he was playing week-in week out he’d have buried that chance

He snatched at it cos he’s rusty. A regular, on-form striker simply slots that away 

It must be difficult for him knowing he’s third choice at the moment 

If he doesn’t start playing more next season I think he’ll put in a transfer request 

And one we should accept.

18 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Still not entirely sure why strikers don't back themselves more to go for the near post instead of the (arguably) less likely finish at the far post when a keeper narrows the angle. Both Daka and Barnes were guilty of it yesterday, will give Patson the benefit of the doubt though since he was being closed down well and forced into pulling the trigger.

Overall, he had a good game. More importantly than anything, the intelligence of his runs was a marked improvement on recent weeks.

...depending on the angle, I would rather a player shoot across the Keeper than go for the near post!!!

I think the majority of players do opt for the near post and you would be a poor keeper to get beaten from that position.

If you can wrap your boot around the ball and impart the spin required then you can bring the ball back "inside" the far post. Unless the keeper can turn the ball away, the subsequent  "save"  could just fall at your teammates feet for a tap in.

18 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I agree on Choudhury, Perez, and Vestergaard. Bertrand, due to his injury, might be around, but I doubt he'll play and might be loaned out to "build fitness" as we actively look to shift him.

I could easily see Nacho going. Right now, I am cautiously optimistic about Youri and Cags: Not sure they will get a better contract offer than we have on the table.

I also think Amartey and Mendy could leave. If you are looking for a squad rebuild, they could be improved upon and a decision on the futures needs to be made, considering their contract situations.

You can always get better ,theoretically that is, but I see no indication at all that we have got the money. I keep saying it as well , contracted players will not leave for less pay. Game time does not pay the bills.

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You can always get better ,theoretically that is, but I see no indication at all that we have got the money. I keep saying it as well , contracted players will not leave for less pay. Game time does not pay the bills.

Players with a year on their contract will take a longer deal at less money per year if there are fears they won't get as good a deal after their contract expires -- aside from Choudhury, most of those we would be trying to move are at the age they need a good final deal. Some of them -- Vesty -- we might have to use a loan and take a hit.

I think Choudhury-- English, does a certain job well -- will get the contract he wants from a Premier League team. 

4 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Players with a year on their contract will take a longer deal at less money per year if there are fears they won't get as good a deal after their contract expires -- aside from Choudhury, most of those we would be trying to move are at the age they need a good final deal. Some of them -- Vesty -- we might have to use a loan and take a hit.

I think Choudhury-- English, does a certain job well -- will get the contract he wants from a Premier League team. 

....he needs to start believing in himself!!!

He cannot keep believing he is an U23 player that has shown promise, he is a professional player who should be seeking to building his life for his family, without the safety net of an U23 or club squad player. KDH did it, he changed his mindset and Hamza will need to do so to find out his actual level in the game. Where he should be playing is not yet determined and at his age, that is outrageous because he should know where his natural position lies and he should be seeking to be the best he can be in that position.

He has not broken into the team properly, CDM seemed to be his role, with people like Braybrooke about to become part of the midfield the options are dwindling, he needs to get out and I hope nothing comes between him finally getting his foot out the door next season.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he needs to start believing in himself!!!

He cannot keep believing he is an U23 player that has shown promise, he is a professional player who should be seeking to building his life for his family, without the safety net of an U23 or club squad player. KDH did it, he changed his mindset and Hamza will need to do so to find out his actual level in the game. Where he should be playing is not yet determined and at his age, that is outrageous because he should know where his natural position lies and he should be seeking to be the best he can be in that position.

He has not broken into the team properly, CDM seemed to be his role, with people like Braybrooke about to become part of the midfield the options are dwindling, he needs to get out and I hope nothing comes between him finally getting his foot out the door next season.

You know he has always struck me as a confident player. He never seem nervous or panicky. Perhaps if anything he seems too laid back and casual. He will never be the dynamic player that KDH is but I still think he is a useful squad player.

Edited by An Sionnach

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You know he has always struck me as a confident player. He never seem nervous or panicky. Perhaps if anything he seems too laid back and casual. He will never be the dynamic player that KDH is but I still think he is a useful squad player.

.....he has.t even got started!!!

He needs to go out and work for a living, being here for him is a giant safety net, and it has made him comfortable. His laid back style is very much like Mendy was, where you can see he can do more if only he had the courage to try.

He needs to get away from this club, it is the only way he is going to find out who he is.

Edited by sacreblueits442

36 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....he has.t even got started!!!

He needs to go out and work for a living, being here for him is a giant safety net, and it has made him comfortable. His laid back style is very much like Mendy was, where you can see he can do more if only he had the courage to try.

He needs to get away from this club, it is the only way he is going to find out who he is.

I don't think Hamza is particularly career driven or under any illusions that he is going to be a top ranked player. He earns an excellent salary for a player of his ability and he will want to sustain that as long as he can.

19 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I don't think Hamza is particularly career driven or under any illusions that he is going to be a top ranked player. He earns an excellent salary for a player of his ability and he will want to sustain that as long as he can.

....if that was true, and it might well be, that would say a lot about the  shortfall of his talents and ability and wish to learn and progress!!!

If this his how he views his career, then there will always be people willing to get past him, as they have a wish to be as good, as they can be. If this is his genuine mentality, you are not going to get a player willing to dig in when things get hard, as he has already decided that he can coast through life, so long as it gives him some kind of living that gets him by.

On 15/04/2022 at 15:01, OntarioFox said:

I think it's because you're coached to go far post and there's more goal to aim at if you go across goal. When strikers are going on instinct they tend to go far post however I agree near post is often much more effective 

In Harvey's case he does the same thing every time trying to bend the shot into the far post and he needs to mix it up as its super predictable. 

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I think it's because you're coached to go far post and there's more goal to aim at if you go across goal. When strikers are going on instinct they tend to go far post however I agree near post is often much more effective 

In Harvey's case he does the same thing every time trying to bend the shot into the far post and he needs to mix it up as its super predictable. 

.....I do see a lot of players when shooting tend to go for the near post!!!

I have posted about this before that I cannot understand why anyone should choose to for for an area, that is generally well covered. I am not sure if players are coached to shoot across the keeper, the very talented ones choose that option, Mahrez shoots across goal, Barnes looking to curl one in from the left, Demarai Gray was always looking to go across a keeper because he was playing as an inverted winger. Nacho trade mark is the near post, where he is bending the ball from outside the near post, but he is usually more central when he executes the effort.

Going across goal offers a chance to score from parried saves.

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I do see a lot of players when shooting tend to go for the near post!!!

I have posted about this before that I cannot understand why anyone should choose to for for an area, that is generally well covered. I am not sure if players are coached to shoot across the keeper, the very talented ones choose that option, Mahrez shoots across goal, Barnes looking to curl one in from the left, Demarai Gray was always looking to go across a keeper because he was playing as an inverted winger. Nacho trade mark is the near post, where he is bending the ball from outside the near post, but he is usually more central when he executes the effort.

Going across goal offers a chance to score from parried saves.

I would counter your last point saying going near post you're much more likely to at least hit the target. It really all depends where you are on the pitch 

1 hour ago, worthosoriginals said:

Ah lovely, another thread of hate, for a decent young player and where hes  gone wrong from foxesxtalk football experts.

Through the good times not the bad some of us will sometimes back some of the lads

It's not about backing him. I won't boo him or not back him. I'd be willing him on to score every time, but it's a popular opinion that the guy is not very good that's all.

• Like 2

On 15/04/2022 at 09:03, majaco said:

Daka could become the real thing.   

I think we will sell Iheanacho who, for me, is too inconsistent.    If Rodgers is refreshing the squad, some have to go.  It is hard to see Bertrand, Vestegaard,  Choudhury and Perez being part of the squad next season.  Tielemans and Soyuncu could go.

Daka, with time, will suit our style of play.  He has pace and awareness.   As yet, he is not up to the pace of the Premier League but it is only a matter of time.

Iheanacho could raise funds.  Personally, I hope to see Daka start on Sunday.

Sell Perez? Did you see the PSV game? Sell Kelechi?? Sell Soyuncu?? Fvck me glad you ain't in charge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think Daka can come good if he becomes a bit more physical and improves his movement a bit, he’s definitely got the pace for a great running in behind striker, it’s just whether he develops into a vardy-like player with his movement.

8 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Sell Perez? Did you see the PSV game? Sell Kelechi?? Sell Soyuncu?? Fvck me glad you ain't in charge.

The season is about more than  one game.

To return the compliment:   I am glad you are not in charge.  You seem to have not noticed that Soyuncu did not play.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's not about backing him. I won't boo him or not back him. I'd be willing him on to score every time, but it's a popular opinion that the guy is not very good that's all.

I wouldn’t say it’s a popular opinion. I’d say most supporters see a very good player who is still learning his trade. He’s inconsistent, but so are most when they are young and in a new country. 

• Like 1