Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

17 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I reckon Daka is going to go absolutely goal crazy next year.

His link up play with Nacho as a 10 has shown enough promise for that to be a viable option I think.

With all the rumours aswell regarding Charles de ketelaere, imagine them 2 together!

Another game where Daka has offered nothing. Shouldn’t he starting for us at the moment. Unless we are playing against a very generous team with an unlikely combination of a high line and very slow centre backs, we are basically playing with a man down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Another game where Daka has offered nothing. Shouldn’t he starting for us at the moment. Unless we are playing against a very generous team with an unlikely combination of a high line and very slow centre backs, we are basically playing with a man down. 

His movement and touch are poor. I understand it’s not his game to come short but Newcastle were so deep. 

needs to get involved, been a passenger for a couple of months now.

Edited by mod hero
  • Like 2

Really hoped that Daka kick on when he scored his 4 goals.. he just cuts a lonely figure really when up top… doesn’t try to get involved in the game and he Looks very easy to play against if you were a CB. 

If he is not learning in training from JV (pre injury) about movement and channel runs then it is going to be bit part games here and there.. 

I certainly wouldn’t want to go into next season with him as our main striker..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Really hoped that Daka kick on when he scored his 4 goals.. he just cuts a lonely figure really when up top… doesn’t try to get involved in the game and he Looks very easy to play against if you were a CB. 

If he is not learning in training from JV (pre injury) about movement and channel runs then it is going to be bit part games here and there.. 

I certainly wouldn’t want to go into next season with him as our main striker..

That's the thing - he isn't a one man main striker. The bloke just works well in a two. 

I'm not sure why we're persevering with him alone up top as it's going to do more harm long term than good. 

Definitely a good player in there, always seems a bit late to the ball, and muscled off the ball to easily, hopefully a match with a few goals will set him on the right path and it'll all fall into place for him, sooner rather than later, he was poor again today.

• Like 2

Difficult to know what to make of Daka so far. Certain parallels with one Ahmed Musa - pace player one excellent outing -  Daka v Moscow, Musa v Barcelona. Let’s hope he can adapt to PL and turn great promise into a great player.

18 hours ago, RoanClawson said:

Think Daka can come good if he becomes a bit more physical and improves his movement a bit, he’s definitely got the pace for a great running in behind striker, it’s just whether he develops into a vardy-like player with his movement.

I think Daka has potential, but he needs much more than just movement to become a Vardy like player, doesn't have the first touch and link up play - or the on the ball play needed to set himself up for the through ball - that Vardy has. Vardy is so good at playing a quick backwards pass with his first touch than quickly swiveling for a ball over the top or a through ball, Vardy's quick footed one-twos in tight areas are also very good. Whereas I haven't really seen Daka do any of that kind of quality link up play or setting himself up for the through ball yet.

Not to say he won't do it or can't do it, I think he's clearly got potential if he can unlock it. But I think it's much more than just his movement than Daka lacks and needs to work on to follow in the footsteps of Vardy right now,

Edited by Sampson

Another, like Barnes, Tielemans and Justin who, for some reason, is playing with zero confidence.

He started off with us reasonably well, showing genuine promise, but has got worse and worse as the season has gone on. His touch is currently as bad as the runs he makes, which, to put it kindly, are the opposite of intelligent. Worth persevering with but only for so long.

• Like 1

Question marks over him now and rightly so. Looks to be way in over his head. Let's hope Brendan can coach him to improve since pace alone is not enough to cut it here.

Is a loan to a Championship side a possibility? Being serious, some time to adapt to the English game with less spotlight on him could do him the world of good. 

• Like 1

Can't understand why anyone would expect a young player like Daka to hit the ground running moving into Premier League football from the level he was performing atand also moving to another country. If he had then that would have been a bonus. Give the fella a chance for heavens sake.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

How can you judge a guy when the service is non-existent? 

Nacho didn't get a decent pass either when he came on.

Dreadful attacking performance all round, unfair to pick out Daka IMHO.

Agree. If we're going to play just one up top, as BR seems to favour, we need players supporting the striker and making runs beyond them. There are games when even Vardy has looked isolated and barely touched the ball.

• Like 2

He'll bang in 20 next season and the same comments that are made now will be remembered - as in, plenty write him off way too early. 

There'll be some that will accept they wrote him off too quickly. Then there'll be plenty of dullards that will refuse to accept he a) has maybe settled in to the team more, b) is actually a good player, c) is a good finisher, d) just needed more regular game time and confidence or a combination of all. 

• Like 1