Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

10 hours ago, honeybradger said:

4-1-2-1-2 would give us an extra midfielder over the opposition. Also 2 strikers lining up against two centrebacks is a bad matchup for the centrebacks, not the other way around, it's not our attack that would be under threat but our defence down the wings in this scenario.

Having a specific man to mark makes it easier for the centre back. That’s how teams played for years. You’ve already highlighted the major flaw with your narrow set up. As well as having two strikers not offering much in the way of defensive support, we’ll get ripped apart on the flanks. Plus who would you drop to accommodate Daka and Iheanacho up front? 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he is a player who gets on the end of things, he is not creative or expect to be part of the build up!!!

We need to look to release him sooner, our passing game is contradictory to how he plays and therefore he is static as he is waiting for the moment to make a run into the box. It is going to be a rewrite of his game and unless Rodgers seeks to change the way we play, we have picked up the wrong  player.

Can strikers afford to be so one dimensional in the modern game though? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Having a specific man to mark makes it easier for the centre back. That’s how teams played for years. You’ve already highlighted the major flaw with your narrow set up. As well as having two strikers not offering much in the way of defensive support, we’ll get ripped apart on the flanks. Plus who would you drop to accommodate Daka and Iheanacho up front? 

Easy..... Tielemans!!

One of Rodger’s issues is the way we always set up with 1 striker. We’ve probably got the best one in Vardy who can’t actually play there but everyone else struggles on there own not just here at every other club. He need to find a way to get 2 up top, Daka will be fine and his first season has been ok. 

• Like 1

Think most forget how Vardy became the player he is today. Clearly those who post dumb comments are probably those who decide to support when the title was won. #plastic #miserabletwats k thanks

Edited by Simoken

59 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

LW+RW would be dropped, our options on the wing are quite poor for me even if we do sign a marquee RW over the summer. Also we've seen how effective a two man striker system is at consistently disrupting opposition defences, we've won both the FA cup and PL playing two strikers up front, i dont know why youre arguing otherwise that it's easily cancelled out when it's proven to be effective.

Harsh to write daka off so early.. he’s played as a solo for most of his games.. put him with a support and then judge surely? And for gods sake, If you don’t know the words to his awesome song then learn them :D A couple more goals and his confidence will rocket 

6 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Think most forget how Vardy became the player he is today. Clearly those who post dumb comments are probably those who decide to support when the title was won. #plastic #miserabletwats k thanks

I was actually one of the very few people on here that actually backed Vardy.

And I wish people would stop comparing both players. Just because Vardy turned so good doesn't mean any other player will do. I heard it about Kramaric, I heard it about Musa, now I hear it about Daka.

Daka just lacks everything to be this "top" striker people keep mentioning. I'm not going through everything about but it's not as if he even does the basics right. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I was actually one of the very few people on here that actually backed Vardy.

And I wish people would stop comparing both players. Just because Vardy turned so good doesn't mean any other player will do. I heard it about Kramaric, I heard it about Musa, now I hear it about Daka.

Daka just lacks everything to be this "top" striker people keep mentioning. I'm not going through everything about but it's not as if he even does the basics right. 

Comparing everyone who struggles to Vardy is so childish thing to do

I mean life does not work in that way - Vardy being bad at first and then getting one of the best strikers is one in a million case and American style of dream

• Like 1

12 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Daka has to move better to create that space. That’s what makes Vardy so effective - his movement off the ball.

Fair point.Though it has to be said when he first played he moved a lot more across the line...but often didn't get the ball..So whether that was instruction or he's got fed up because of it..

Edited by fuchsntf

26 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Comparing everyone who struggles to Vardy is so childish thing to do

I mean life does not work in that way - Vardy being bad at first and then getting one of the best strikers is one in a million case and American style of dream

Do you think Vardy is the only player who has struggled and gradually found his feet? 

Jumping Jehoshaphat, he's only 23 years of age and some on here want to bin him already, Vardy took a while to get started, so give Daka a chance.  He's come to a league that is played at 100 mph and it is like basket ball compared to the leagues he's played in.   I have seen enough to know he has the potential to play for us, his movement is not too bad and he can score goals, but give him time, like Vardy. 

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

It’s too early to write him off and hopefully he comes good but it’s not looking good so far.

I think a lot of us are expecting him to succeed based on a good goal scoring record in Austria but there are players who have had equally impressive records in stronger leagues that have struggled in the EPL. Werner & Laccazette spring to mind.

He may just not be suited to the premier league.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Vardy has been capable of going months where he barely scores or even touches the ball during a game. The striker is never helped by Rodgers safety first football, ideally we'd start every game 1-0 down and you'd probably see some genuinely decent attacking football where the striker is allowed to take part in the game without having to come and collect the ball from a defender.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's also worth bearing in mind that Vardy has been capable of going months where he barely scores or even touches the ball during a game. The striker is never helped by Rodgers safety first football, ideally we'd start every game 1-0 down and you'd probably see some genuinely decent attacking football where the striker is allowed to take part in the game without having to come and collect the ball from a defender.

Bar 2 chances Thursday I can’t remember Daka missing loads of chances lately. Needs a lucky goal like against rangers to bounce in off him his confidence be back. Doesn’t offer to much in build up but neither does vardy