Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

One of Rodger’s issues is the way we always set up with 1 striker. We’ve probably got the best one in Vardy who can actually play there but everyone else struggles on there own not just here at every other club. He need to find a way to get 2 up top, Daka will be fine and his first season has been ok. 

• Like 1

I think it's more a confidence thing at the moment. He's stopped making the runs that give the player with the ball an option of a pass.  He's reacting to a pass thats been made rather than making a run that encourages a pass to be made.  Too early to write him off, I think he struggled in his first season in Austria, but was then Austrian player of the season the second season, so i think we should give him a bit more patience and hopefully he will come good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

Jumping Jehoshaphat, he's only 23 years of age and some on here want to bin him already, Vardy took a while to get started, so give Daka a chance.  He's come to a league that is played at 100 mph and it is like basket ball compared to the leagues he's played in.   I have seen enough to know he has the potential to play for us, his movement is not too bad and he can score goals, but give him time, like Vardy. 

....Vards had the sense to get one to one coaching in the off-season!!!

He invested in his career and it paid off big style. His touch improved out of recognition and his game benefited. 

Perhaps Daka should invest in a long term plan and get the one to one coaching to resolve his poor touch.

Edited by sacreblueits442

There are barely any consistent young strikers in world football and by that I mean 20 goals a season. Mbappe and Harland are the exceptions , while Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic.Vardy, Benzema, Lewandowski etc.go rolling on into middle age. Salah and Kane will be in their thirties soon. Why? these young strikers lack brains and almost none of them can head a ball properly.

Daka showed enough signs to us when he started that there’s a decent player in him.

it’s not been working out for him but that’s down to a multitude of factors and not just his form.

we should stick with as he will come good for us. I won’t say no to competition though if we can get another striker in this summer.

next season could well be vardy’s last if he keeps getting injured. So we need daka to come good for us sooner or later.

I think the Moscow game has bought him some time here but in truth he has really struggled. Wouldn't write him off clearly but equally what worries me is his lack of ability when on the ball. I can accept a faster, stronger league and adapting but when you look distinctly average at best when in possession and decision making then it's a big worry.

Nacho toughened up and I'm sure this lad will too but we've got to see a huge increase in his ability as scoring 6 yard tap ins isn't enough, particularly under this management style.

Fingers crossed we see improvement in the new season.

4 hours ago, Kegworthfox said:

Well well well our so called fans writing a player off last time this happened it was a certain man called vardy the rest is history 

There has never been a last time…well at least since Railway became the Vogue..

The Daka bashing is way too premature if ask me.

Totally agree with comments about him needing to develop his game as can’t rely solely on his blistering pace in the PL but when he looked full of confidence his finishing was ice cold which gives me a lot of hope.

Scoring a tap-in, screamer from 20+ yards or a Chris Wood chasing down the keeper special has never been more needed for a player.

• Like 1

For me he needs to learn to make the runs to prompt the pass rather than waiting for it. It seems as though his drop in form has coincided with him not training with JV. More training and input from JV required but I think the lad has shown he has something and we shouldn’t be writing him off just yet.

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I was actually one of the very few people on here that actually backed Vardy.

And I wish people would stop comparing both players. Just because Vardy turned so good doesn't mean any other player will do. I heard it about Kramaric, I heard it about Musa, now I hear it about Daka.

Daka just lacks everything to be this "top" striker people keep mentioning. I'm not going through everything about but it's not as if he even does the basics right. 

6 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

Comparing everyone who struggles to Vardy is so childish thing to do

I mean life does not work in that way - Vardy being bad at first and then getting one of the best strikers is one in a million case and American style of dream

But many on this forum will use Vardy because he is the best example, because these last ,10years every single player has gone through the same mangle of

“that immature mangle“ of judgement…either not PL standard or next player who should be going out on loan…These wild immature statements ( seen from the other side) in their intensity , came amusingly from our title Kante/Huth season & carried on..with our next heroes, Ricardo ,Ndidi from then on every player…

Some FTers never learn…

Daka’s Leicester career , for any decent balanced fair judgement ,

begins next year season.

Hes never had a run, with a consistent balanced selected,available players behind him..

I mentioned this Weekend, Daka use to run into good space and chased down when he first started, with us…Now because teammates did not play him in,

He ain’t going to run around like a blue arsed fly, if teammates play another

sidewards ball, when he opens the space for them…

They seem to trust Vardy, but not Daka..

I can understand the club trying to replace Vardy with a similar player but Patson is not really a Vardy clone and never could be. Vardy is a unique striker and nobody is really similar. Rodgers tactics are entirely different to Pearson/Ranieri but Vardy ,being the great striker he is , has adapted to be nearly as effective. Patson may have been very effective in the PL winning team but our current style suits him not at all. He has to work hard on other aspects of his game and this will take time. Unfortunately the PL circus waits for no one so it is going to be difficult for him.

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Daka showed enough signs to us when he started that there’s a decent player in him.

it’s not been working out for him but that’s down to a multitude of factors and not just his form.

we should stick with as he will come good for us. I won’t say no to competition though if we can get another striker in this summer.

next season could well be vardy’s last if he keeps getting injured. So we need daka to come good for us sooner or later.

...if we can get De Ketelaere in we could have better options upfront!!!

Thought it was strange to replicate Vardy, we need to have a more flexible forward line, and De Ketelaere will bring us that.

Always worth look at how he played for his old club . You can definitely see a swagger/confidence in the way he played .

Seemed like he had that at first with us but that has gone now . Whether that has gone due to lack of confidence or not settling etc is anyone's guess .

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Always worth look at how he played for his old club . You can definitely see a swagger/confidence in the way he played .

Seemed like he had that at first with us but that has gone now . Whether that has gone due to lack of confidence or not settling etc is anyone's guess .

I just think he can't handle the massive step up to the pace/quality of the PL.

Different level to the previous league he played in.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

How big do you think the gap is between Zambia and Austria? His record for Salzburg's farm club wasn't great but he gradually adapted.

14 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Good job we'll give him time to grow and develop into this team and league then, right...? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, murphy said:

I find the negativity in this thread astonishing.  Daka is and will be a special player, we were lucky to get him.  His goal scoring record in the first half of the season was excellent, especially being in and out of the team.  Yes, he has struggled for consistency lately, but it is just depressing to read people basically sayign he is a lost cause.  Depressing and brain dead.  

Its what you get when you hype a player up to a frankly ridiculous level as was done to Daka last summer. There is far too much of that and creates way over the top expectations.

• Like 3