Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Rumoured that Celtic were trying to make us pay more due to Rodgers, and Edouard apparently wanted a bigger contract than Daka as well

....so they haven't got over losing Rodgers, unreal!!!

It was their player so i suppose they were entitled to ask whatever they wished. The inference is that Daka was to some extent second choice, would that be a fair statement.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....so they haven't got over losing Rodgers, unreal!!!

It was their player so i suppose they were entitled to ask whatever they wished. The inference is that Daka was to some extent second choice, would that be a fair statement.

Could be, but there was a lot of talk about Daka going to Liverpool so the club could have felt (if Daka was their main target) that he wasn't achievable at that point, we then seemed to jump on him pretty quickly and get the deal wrapped up

9 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really upsetting to see Edouard coming on in the 84 min and instantly score a brace while Daka hasn't got a chance to play in EPL yet

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Probably helps Palace don't have a striker ahead of him that actually scores goals... a lot easier for him to get on the pitch

And that Spurs were down to 10 men and were horribly shit today too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

You mean jt, admit it….  :D

Haha nahh I understand people want Daka to get game time already but really he has just been unlucky that Vardy has started the season well and other players needed to be subbed off more than he did later in games, also having just 1 game a week so far has meant Vardy hasn't needed a break

There is a good run of games now until the October International Break where I am sure he will start a few games; Napoli, Brighton, Millwall, Burnley, Legia, Palace

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why were people expecting Patson to get games already? He will soon I am sure, once the frequency of games increases

I think if we'd signed Edouard, he'd have had some game time by now. Compounds it when you see him get a couple today.

We've had a history of recent strikers that end up not working out, and just don't seem to be fancied by the managers in terms of what they see in training. Hopefully not that scenario here.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

I think if we'd signed Edouard, he'd have had some game time by now. Compounds it when you see him get a couple today.

We've had a history of recent strikers that end up not working out, and just don't seem to be fancied by the managers in terms of what they see in training. Hopefully not that scenario here.

Would he though?

8 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

We are absolutely gagging for him. Come on Brendan, it's time.

Come on VC it takes ages for a new signing to get up to speed (according to BR)...  Ironically I doubt Fofana would have played much if it wasn't for injuries - I definitely don't think it was the plan to have him as a first teamer. 

Edited by trabuch

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

Come on VC it takes ages for a new signing to get up to speed (according to BR)...  Ironically I doubt Fofana would have played much if it wasn't for injuries - I definitely don't think it was the plan to have him as a first teamer. 

He'd have been dead wrong over Fofana then because he's been a revelation. Whilst seeing a player in training is important, it's nothing like a real game and history shows that some players have been notoriously poor trainers yet they consistently perform well on the day. Training is a good indicator and there's a need to get to a fitness level commensurate with the Premiership game, but it's not the be all and end all. A new signings attributes and any frailties should be reasonably known before their purchase from watching them perform. 

Of course, just because a signing is new or expensive, it doesn't mean that they should automatically go straight into a well performing side however,  we now have certain players who are out of form and have had their chance. I'm sure they'll come back again, they're not bad players, some are returning from  injury, but you can't keep fielding them with fingers crossed behind your back. There comes a time for change and we have an abundance of exciting ready replacements on the bench.

Sometimes that also requires a change in managerial systems to accommodate the best of those players strengths and not automatically expect them to fit in with old or tired tactics. There's sometimes a time for change and different ideas. Different players and different strengths can give different and refreshing ways of playing. Things can never stay the same. Surely a team should play to the strengths of it's constituent players, not them try and play to a system that they'd have difficulty fulfilling. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Brendan is annoying the hell out of me at the moment.  Why pay 34m for a player if you are not going to play him.  Give us a chance to see what he can do in a full 90 minutes give Daka a game.

Jesus wept, what’s the rush?

He will play, Vardy can’t play 50+ games a season can he?

Our fixture list coming up is incredibly congested, Daka will start and soon. Just be patient.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mark said:

Problem we have now is whenever Daka, Soumare and KDH get their chance they’ll have no match fitness at all.

All 3 are very high energy players though, I don't think that will be a problem.

Our squad at the minute feels like England in the Euros. So many players on the bench we want in but we can't get them all in, annoying.

12 hours ago, Twitcher said:

Why do you think Edouard would have played if we'd signed him?

We've been playing with one striker and Vardy's started the season well. We're only a few games into the season. I'm not surprised Daka hasn't featured much yet. I think you're reading far too much into it.